You want to backup your SMS? You forgot your mobile at home or at work? No problem, the messages can be read via your email account.
Special thanks to javamail-android project that provides the necessary libraries for sending emails and Jon Simson who provides example code.
Any comments or improvement proposals are welcome.
1. Creating online backup of your messages on the go
2. Viewing the Messages coming to your home phone while you are roaming
3. Getting all messages in your phone, tablet etc in one place - your email inbox
Just install the app, enter your email id, save it and voila you are done setting up MailSMS.
This app requires a live internet connection in your device. If your device goes offline, the app will wait for up-to 8 hrs for the device to come back online to forward your messages.
MailSMS requires two permissions:
Permission to access incoming messages
Permission to access internet
We store your e-mail address on our servers. We value your privacy and will not spam. Your messages are send via our servers, but we do not store your message on our servers.
SMS is forwarded as part of the message body together with the contact number of the sender. The email subject includes the SMS sender name considering that the number is on the contact list. User can setup multiple email recipient delimited by a “,”. Recipient email can be any email address.
1. Easy to setup.
2. Forwards incoming SMS using Gmail account to any email address.
3. Displays the sender name on the subject. Ex. “New Message Received from ”.
This Sender name will only be included on the subject if the number is saved on your contacts.
4. Sender contact number is included as part of the message body.
5. Forwards SMS to any email address.
6. Forwards SMS to multiple email addresses.
SMS to Email forwarder doesn’t work on phones with “GO SMS Pro” app installed. ”GO SMS Pro” tends to terminate the broadcast receiver causing other broadcast receivers not to receive notifications when an SMS is received.
When the device is connected to the desktop application, all SMS are syncronized automatically to the desktop. You are able to check your SMS in different views: inbox, sent and conversations.
The application stays active in windows task bar and when a new SMS or incoming call is received a notification with text preview is displayed.
In the notification panel, you have the ability to immediately send a text reply or just click on the call button to call the contact.
Print/preview, copy and paste is fully supported and you can search between you messages in all folders.
The contacts are also transfered from the mobile along with contact pictures to PC. It's easy to search between your contacts and to send SMS to one or more contacts. You can also send to groups / categories.
In the Send SMS dialog you have the option to perform a spell checking (word required). You can also request for a delivery report to make sure the receiver got the message.
With a single click on "Auto Reply" the application will send a automatic reply to a SMS or a missed call. If you like you can also add more sophisticated rules when a SMS is recived (like send e-mail, start other applications, forward the SMS and more).
If you like to store the SMS for future you can export the SMS and save them in SMS Archive. This is a separate application just to save the SMS on a safe place on your computer.
You can also make calls from the desktop.
Since this is a true desktop application not running in browser, like most other software in this category, it has a very good look and feel and naturally integrates in windows desktop environment.
More recently added features:
* Emtions Icons in the conversation view.
* Windows 7 jump list.
* Language instant translation for missing texts.
* Print / Preview SMS thread and Copy to Clipboard
* Copy SMS thread to Clipboard
* Make calls from desktop
* Reconnect from device
You can connect with bluetooth, WiFi or USB cable.
SMS Control Center is supported in 17 different languages. If your language is not supported, you can contact us to add it.
Download the desktop parts from www.smscontrolcenter.com/google_play
1. Configure any sender email address, which has to be either a Gmail or Google Apps email. You can create a new account or use your existing one.
2. Configure your recipient email address (perhaps your corporate email)
3. Make sure there's Internet connection via Wifi or Mobile
That's it. Every SMS you received will be forwarded to your email recipient(s).
Here's some scenarios why you need to forward your SMS to email accounts:
* Due to security reasons, you have to deposit your mobile phone at a security counter because camera phones are not allowed in your workplace
* You can bring your laptop to a meeting room to check your email but it's not polite to whip out your phone in a meeting to check your incoming SMS
* You are implementing a reporting or feedback channel where pro-SMS staff sends information to a mobile phone and you want that information to be propagated to respective personnel at different departments
SMS 2 Email Buddy is simple to use but packs a punch to forward SMS to email:
* Configure up to 10 email recipients
* Configurable retry intervals and attempts make sure your recipients get it
* Log of all transaction details
* Filter shows forwarded email that failed/are pending/passed
* Search feature on SMS content
* Logs are automatically maintained and exported to SD card every month
* You can choose to email monthly log to your default recipient
* Reconnect to your preferred Wifi network automatically when in range (Wifi must be enabled beforehand)
* Runs reliably as a background service.
* Safe. We do not keep your password or SMS in our server. They are stored only in your phone and used when it is time to deliver your emails.
SMS 2 Email Buddy is now available for free (with ads) with a one-time registration and a monthly limit. PigeonHole, our paid version, is available at http://www.maventechnologies.com.sg/pigeonhole
Check out http://www.maventechnologies.com.sg/sms_forwarding.html for more information and FAQ on common problems (e.g. unable to forward email)
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any issues.
tags: sms to email, sms 2 email, forward sms
You can sort the entries or export the statistics to your SD card using menu functions in the summary list. You can also disable a particular contact (your office perhaps?) so that it will not be ranked. Install Top Calls Widget to make phone calls to your top 3 contacts with a single touch.
Top Calls is available for free with ads.
2 important points to note:
*Install this widget only AFTER you have installed Top Calls App to ensure the contacts are shown correctly.
*This is a widget and not an app so you must add this to your home screen before you can use it. Search the Internet for "AndroidUsersGuide-2.3.pdf" and check out page 43 for instructions to add a widget.
*Track items individually
*Autocomplete text boxes to minimize typing
*900+ preloaded items
*Intuitive and simple to use
•More parameters (price, quantity, sub-total) displayed under Buy List
•Intuitive dialog to add item to Buy List
•Download limited offers from supermarkets (currently relevant for users in country of Singapore)
Purchase Grocery Ally to remove download limits and get more features!