You want to backup your SMS? You forgot your mobile at home or at work? No problem, the messages can be read via your email account.
Special thanks to javamail-android project that provides the necessary libraries for sending emails and Jon Simson who provides example code.
Any comments or improvement proposals are welcome.
1. Creating online backup of your messages on the go
2. Viewing the Messages coming to your home phone while you are roaming
3. Getting all messages in your phone, tablet etc in one place - your email inbox
Just install the app, enter your email id, save it and voila you are done setting up MailSMS.
This app requires a live internet connection in your device. If your device goes offline, the app will wait for up-to 8 hrs for the device to come back online to forward your messages.
MailSMS requires two permissions:
Permission to access incoming messages
Permission to access internet
We store your e-mail address on our servers. We value your privacy and will not spam. Your messages are send via our servers, but we do not store your message on our servers.
SMS2Mail is monitoring your phone SMS inbox. Once a new message arrives, if the service is active, a copy will be sent automatically by email to the address you've specified, giving you a handy backup of your messages.
- Easy control of the service
You can easily enable or disable the SMS forwarding
- Include also SMS that you've sent
You can backup also SMS sent by you
- Any email address you choose
You can select any email address to store your SMS messages
Please make sure you have an active internet connection in order to have this service working.
This application is only available in English.
Tell us what you think and help us make it one of the best app ever. Since it’s a BETA version and we are still developing it, our customer service can’t offer you any support, though. The app is provided to you without warranty and we reserve us the right to close it down but that depends on your feedback of course. If you want us to continue, we will.
For information or support, please visit http://www.sms2mail.ro
Keywords: forward SMS to mail, sms backup and restore, manager, sync sms, gmail mailbox, sms to mail, sms to email, sms export, sync sms, gmail, my phone backup
1. Your messages (read SMS or MMS, receive SMS) : needed to monitor incoming/outgoing SMS messages
2. Your personal information (read contact data): to match phone number from SMS messages with contact names to be sent in email subject
3. Network communication (full internet access): to be able to send email to the address you choose
4. Network communication (view network state): to check if you have internet connection. If yes, emails will be sent immediately, if no it will be stacked in a pending list
5. Your accounts (discover known accounts): to automatically load your phone email address as your default email for SMS forwarding.
NOTE: Embedded mail sending not working anymore at present.
IMPORTANT: Not all gateways have been tested. If you find a gateway that does not work, please file a bug with the correct settings at the project website. The default gateway is located in the UK and international messaging charges may apply.
"HowTo" is available on github :
Open source project : https://github.com/6rus/sms2mail
Please report me bugs by mail.
More from developer
1. Configure a sender email address, which has to be either a Gmail or Google Apps email. You can create a new account or use your existing one.
2. Configure your recipient email address (perhaps your corporate email)
3. Make sure there's Internet connection via Wifi or Mobile
That's it. Every SMS you received will be forwarded to your email recipient(s).
Here's some scenarios why you need to forward your SMS to email accounts:
* Due to security reasons, you have to deposit your mobile phone at a security counter because camera phones are not allowed in your workplace
* You can bring your laptop to a meeting room to check your email but it's not polite to whip out your phone in a meeting to check your incoming SMS
* You are implementing a reporting or feedback channel where pro-SMS staff sends information to a mobile phone and you want that information to be propagated to respective personnel at different departments
SMS 2 Email Buddy is simple to use but packs a punch to forward SMS to email:
* Configure up to 10 email recipients
* Configurable retry intervals and attempts make sure your recipients get it
* Log of all transaction details
* Filter shows forwarded email that failed/are pending/passed
* Search feature on SMS content
* Logs are automatically maintained and exported to SD card every month
* You can choose to email monthly log to your default recipient
* Reconnect to your preferred Wifi network automatically when in range (Wifi must be enabled beforehand)
* Runs reliably as a background service.
* Safe. We do not keep any records. In fact we won't know your transactions since you are sending email from your Google account. We do like to encourage proper usage to minimise spam though.
SMS 2 Email Buddy is now available for free (with ads) with a one-time registration and a monthly limit. PigeonHole, our paid version, is available at http://www.maventechnologies.com.sg/pigeonhole
Check out http://www.maventechnologies.com.sg for more information and FAQ on common problems (e.g. unable to forward email)
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any issues.
tags: sms to email, sms 2 email, forward sms
*Track items individually
*Autocomplete text boxes to minimize typing
*900+ preloaded items
*Intuitive and simple to use
•More parameters (price, quantity, sub-total) displayed under Buy List
•Intuitive dialog to add item to Buy List
•Download limited offers from supermarkets (currently relevant for users in country of Singapore)
Purchase Grocery Ally to remove download limits and get more features!
You can sort the entries or export the statistics to your SD card using menu functions in the summary list. You can also disable a particular contact (your office perhaps?) so that it will not be ranked. Install Top Calls Widget to make phone calls to your top 3 contacts with a single touch.
Top Calls is available for free with ads.
2 important points to note:
*Install this widget only AFTER you have installed Top Calls App to ensure the contacts are shown correctly.
*This is a widget and not an app so you must add this to your home screen before you can use it. Search the Internet for "AndroidUsersGuide-2.3.pdf" and check out page 43 for instructions to add a widget.
Only 3 simple steps to set up after installation:
1. Connect to a WIFI network.
2. Activate connectivity options (WIFI, SMS or both).
3. Start the session
That's it! Once done, ask your participants to:
1. Connect to the same WIFI network.
2. Launch a browser and key in the URL shown in the bottom of app
3. Send a message to update eShareBoard
*Participants can use any device (mobile, tablet, laptop) running on any platform (Android, iOS, Windows, Linux). Nothing to install. All they need is a browser. Perfect for brainstorming!
*No need Internet connection since we are operating in a Local Area Network (LAN). Perfect in a seminar or conference for gathering feedback and reviews, especially for overseas participants without data plan.
*SMS supported if app is installed on a device with SMS capability. Mobile numbers are partially hidden to prevent spam.
*Participants maintain anonymity using nicknames. In certain situations (e.g. education), we believe it helps to promote learning and active discussions. No one should be penalised for the desire to learn!
*Online storage for your uploaded content, properly formatted for printing and distribution to brainstorm, conference or seminar participants.
*Portrait or landscape mode to suit your device screen.
*Multiple colors to choose for the notes.
*Screen 'always on' when session is in progress. That also means battery consumption so we recommend plugging in a power source.
*3 boards available. Erase and reuse.
*Configure details for each notice board. Group Name and Organisation fields are auto-complete by nature.
*Call forwarding warning. Do enable call forwarding to prevent incoming calls from interrupting the session.
*Free trial for 30 days
*Will not work on public WIFI where port 8080 is disabled
eShareBoard details: http://www.eshareboard.com
tags: notice board, shareboard, brainstorming, feedback, conference, seminar, survey