Gestalt means "unified whole." The Gestalt effect refers to the capability of our senses to generate unified impressions that ignore details. Visual Gestalt principles of grouping were introduced in the 1920s by Max Wertheimer. The Gestalt principles that he and his contemporaries introduced are presented here so that you can develop fuller understanding of how vision, visual illusions, and perceptual biases operate. Through the use of examples we can see how this capacity causes us, in some cases, to form inaccurate impressions.
Included in this free app are demonstrations of numerous visual illusions and optical effects, including the Troxler Effect, Ebbinghaus Illusion, Poggendorf Illusion, Müller-Lyer Effect, dynamic multistability, static multistability, the Ames Window, and more. A separate section introduces seven basic principles of Gestalt. All of these effects and illusions are accompanied by explanatory info.
Unlike many existing apps and websites, the examples here are dynamic, using animation and interactivity to enhance the experience. It even uses some audio. You may be surprised by the strange and unexpected ways that your eyes and brain make assumptions about the visual world. It's fun, thought-provoking, and educational.
Ray Optics is a complete simulator and solver for Geometrical optics.
Key Features :-
1) Simulate any ray optics problem.
2) Complete ray diagram
3) Final Image position, height and magnification.
4) Compete step by step solution in great detail. This way you just don't get the final answer but also understand all steps to get that answer. (In Pro Version only)
5) Pinch zoom
6) Save screen-shot
Pro version has following Additional features
1) Step by step solution for your Ray Optics problems.
2) See step-by-step solution. You can also Email or save it to your SD card.
3) In future all new features will be available in this version only.
You can move lens/mirrors by dragging them and see ray diagram and image position in real time.
This will help you to have a clear visualization of Ray Optics concepts.
Also the detailed solution will help you to understand Ray Optics fundamentals and formulas required to solve any problem.
You can also understand concepts of reflection and refraction and their implication in real time.
This will be equally helpful for students studying Geometrical Optics and teachers teaching this topic.
And all other people in love with Physics :)
- Geometric optics solver and simulator
- Refraction and reflection with full ray diagram support
- Editable object, lens and mirror properties
Concave and convex lenses
Concave and convex and Plane mirrors
- Formation of Virtual and real images
- Under advanced mode, you can even shift principal axis of lens and mirrors. ( for real geeks :D)
- Dragging origin : you can drag around origin.
- Pinch Zoom
- Save screenshot
- See complete solution for problem.
* Based on thin lens equation
How to Use:
1) Adding Elements
Click on corresponding button to add that element. This way the element with default parameter will be added.
2) To Modify an Element
Press on element and EditPanel will appear on screen showing current parameters. Now any parameter can be edited by corresponding textFied.
Pressing on delete button (present in bottom right corner) will delete selected element.
3) See Solution
Press on solution button ( present next to help button in top-right corner ).
3) To delete all elements, press Clear from menu.
I will keep on improving it. Suggestions/Comments are invited.
«How to Draw - Art Lessons» is an Android app that combines all of the How to Draw tutorials to offer a single solution to learning how to draw (just about anything) that is super easy, fast, and fun — whenever and wherever you go!
You can now access more than 600 drawing tutorials in a single location!
► WHAT TO DRAW?
We grouped all our drawing lessons in to sections to make it easy for you to choose what to draw. So go ahead and choose, because no matter what you choose to draw, you are guaranteed to achieve your goals. Have fun everyone!
► 30 DRAWING SECTIONS
Huge collection of tutorials - more than 600 lessons for any subject: Anime Manga Comics, Logos, Celebrities, Tattoos, Monsters... and many more!
► HOW IS IT EASY?
Learning to draw with the «How to Draw - Art Lessons» app consists of you following along with each step presented in the tutorial for the subject you want to learn to draw. The number of steps varies, but each one covers a key aspect of the subject. Even complex subjects such as military tanks, sports cars, celebrities, and League of Legends characters are a snap!
► HOW IS IT FAST?
Instead of having to take a lengthy class, you can use the «How to Draw - Art Lessons» app to learn to draw. The really good news is that you can learn at your own pace and level. The app includes previous and next buttons so that you can go backwards and forwards through the tutorials so that you can to learn the way you want!
► HOW IS IT FUN?
The «How to Draw - Art Lessons» app is perfect for individuals, parties, classroom activities, and competitions. The app includes a handpicked collection of items of the most popular and fun subjects: cartoon characters, animals, guns and pistols, cats, dogs, monsters are just a few examples. Try one or try them all!
• (NEW) On screen draw mode. Now you can step by step draw right on your screen.
• Separate tutorials download - get only want you like
• Integrated rating system that assigns a level of difficulty: Easy, Normal, Hard, and Expert
• Each tutorial contains 10-30 precise steps!
• More than 600 tutorials — boredom is not an option!
► DRAW TOOLS
On screen draw mode allows you to copy steps and simply draw on your device.
• Brush tool - 5 predefined brush sizes
• Color tool - pick any color with a simple dialog
• Rubber, Undo and Redo tools - erases mistakes and gives you a second chance
• Transparency tool - allows you to change visibility of background image and makes it possible to draw yourself.
• Zoom and Pan mode - if your screen is not big enough than just zoom, pan and draw.
• Share your creation with friends via email, Facebook, Skype and many more. Also you can save it to your SD card and set as background.
Unleash your creativity and try «How to Draw - Art Lessons» today!
“IQ test preparation” also provides an opportunity to test your level of preparation in the form of 5, 10 and 20 minutes test.
This is an updated version which includes lot of additional features along with already available distinctive features.
Our application covers many IQ and aptitude related categories such as Number pattern, Mental Arithmetic, Logical reasoning, Verbal Aptitude, Relationship Problems, Time and date Problems, Age Problems, Speed, time & distance and Work, Profit & Loss related problems.
Perfect for school, college and university entrance test and also for general use to improve mental health.
Grab it and Master it.
What is included in the app?
Active Or Passive Voice
You can also practice English Grammar from this app..
We have practice exercises where you can answer grammar questions and get scores..
App contain detailed explanation for every topic covered.
Simple User Interface.
Explanation shown using tables for better understanding and reading.
And it's Free!!
This app will be constantly updated with new contents, and tests which help you continually refreshing your knowledge.
If you like this app please visit our Facebook Page..
https://www.facebook.com/EnglishGrammarBook and encourage us
if you find some errors please mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org..
Team - English Grammar Book
Keywords : English, Grammar, people, study, education, more topics, nouns, pronouns, verbs, adverbs, adjectives, reported speech, active voice, passive voice, preposition, conjunction, interjection, tenses, past tense, future tense, present tense, continuous
- multiple formula calculations
- plot with multiple functions
- modulo calculation with big integer
- differential and integral calculus
- curve sketching, limes, minima, maxima
- linear algebra, vectors, matrices
- unit conversion
- number systems, binary/oct/decimal/hex calculator
- complex number calculation
English, German, Francais, Espanol, Italian, Portuguese
Mathematics is a powerful calculation software for your android smartphone.
Calculate any formula you want and show them in a 2d or 3d plot. The natural display shows fractions, roots and exponents as you would expect it from mathematics.
In a few seconds you derivate or integrate your desired function, calculate the zero points of your function und show them in the function plot. See all maxima, minima or inflection points in one view.
The easy way of use allows you to solve linear equations in just a moment. Or transform your mathematical, physical or chemical equation to any unknown variable.
You often needs to calculate with binary, octal or hexadecimal number systems? No problem! You can mix them together in one calculation even by using decimal digits. But that's not enough! You can also calculate with any other number system with base 2 to 18.
From time to time you may need to convert units to another one, like Celsius to Fahrenheit, miles to kilometre, inches to foot and so on.
You will also be able to calculate with vectors, matrices and determinants.
All this features are combined in this app and will make your mathematical life a lot easier.
Flatmates from BBC Learning English.
It provides you dialogues for english learners.
- Language Point
1.At the aireport
2.In the flat
3.In the pub
- mp3 audio
- Audio speed change ( slower or faster )
Kids Reading (Preschool) FREE (a.k.a. Kids Learn to Read) will teach you children to:
- Blend sounds into words
- Read simple words
- Form simple words
Kids Learn to Read is the 4th app in our Alphabet Curriculum Series. It is preceded by Kids ABC Letters, Kids ABC Phonics, and Kids ABC Trains.
Note: The paid version (Kids Learn to Read Preschool) has 15 extra words in the first and the third activities as well as child-lock functionality that can be enabled in Preferences. Please note that child lock functionality is not available on tablets.
Knowledge of letter names and sounds (if not, first get Kids ABC Letters, Kids ABC Phonics and Kids ABC Trains)
Kids Reading is a delightful game that invites your children to practice blending sounds together to form, read and spell words that are all made up of only three letters of the alphabet, such as "dog","sun", and "big".
★ What won't my children learn?
They won’t learn to read words longer than three or four letters.
Kids ABC Reading assumes that your kids already know the sounds that the letters of the alphabet make. If your children do not know these sounds yet, we recommend our Kids ABC Phonics app.
Kids Reading assumes that your kids already know the sounds that the letters of the alphabet make. If your children do not know these sounds yet, we recommend our Kids ABC Phonics and Kids ABC Trains apps.
And if your children have not had a chance to learn the names of the letters, we recommend that you download our Kids ABC Letters app. It's the most enjoyable way ever for kids to learn the names of the letters of the alphabet.
Kids ABC Letters teaches letters
Kids ABC Phonics teaches sounds
Kids ABC Trains teaches letters and phonics
Kids Learn to Read (i.e. this app) teaches your children to read simple words
- Over 12,000 images (and growing everyday)
- Latest news and features stories
- Latest on demand NASA videos from around the agency
- Current NASA mission Information
- Live streaming of NASA TV
- Launch information & countdown clocks
- Current visible passes for the International Space Station (ISS) and notifications
- ISS and Earth orbiting satellite trackers
- NASA Twitter Feeds from around the agency
- Facebook® Connect and integrated Twitter™ client for easy sharing
- NASA TV and what's on your TV schedules
- Map, information and links to all of the NASA visitor centers
- Featured content and program sections
- Third Rock Radio (alternative rock radio station)
- Favorites & image bookmarks
Math Practice Flash Cards PRO:
Math Practice Flash Cards by TeachersParadise.com Studios. A fun game to practice addition, subtraction, multiplication or division.
• Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, Division.
• Card values can range from 0-35 and are fully customizable per quiz.
• Answer can be Multiple Choice or entered though the Numeric Keypad.
• Clean user interface.
• Stores the last time and performance for each quiz.
• The last fastest time with a perfect score is displayed to help motivate students practice and improve.
• Negative answers are allowed.
• Students can redo a missed cards until correct.
• Parents and educators can preset the card decks and limit the number of cards per practice quiz.
• Fun mode and sounds are available to keep early learners entertained while they learn.
• Speed mode lets the student reach the next question without animations.
• Comes preset with 4 card decks.
Name: Math Practice Flash Cards
* Full ABC
* All Alphabets includes letters A to Z and is fully-featured.
* Without any restrictions
* Real sound and human pronunciations
Let your kids learn English Alphabets in an easier way by relating each Alphabet with an object. Sounds interesting right? :) :)
Teach your children to write the letters of the alphabet while having fun!
“ABC for Kids” is an educational game
Human voice for Alphabets
Image of each Alphabet
On touch you can listen to sounds again
Slideshow is Available where you can sit back and watch your kid learn
Social Media Integration
We love to hear from parents – and from children, too. To tell us how we made a difference in your child's education or , please rate our app and post a comment.
Preschool aged children learn the alphabet letter names and letter recognition, and will practice finding letters in context.
This simple educational game teaches children the alphabet letters to recognize words as they appear. As a result, preschoolers learn the letters of the words are made of.
At this age, should be enjoyed learning about letters and numbers. Workbooks can be a lot of time when your child goes to school.When spending time together, letters and numbers when you look at them and point out additional learning and encourage curiosity.
Keywords: Kids, ABC, ABCs, Letters, Reading, Educational, Children, Games, Preschool, Preschool-aged,alphabet ,game, learning ,teaching apps for kids, baby ,toddler , flashcards, pronunciation, abcd, kid, Child, School, Kindergarten, Phonics, Reading
A world wide and offline dictionary
This dictionary helps you to complete the world's major languages mutual translations. All of this work is in the offline state to achieve.
We are sure this is what you're looking for electronic dictionary.
* Mono-lingual dictionaries for English, German, and Italian.
* Mutli-lingual dictionaries between many language pairs.
* Fast translate! (See translations as you type!)
* Dictionaries stored on SD card (works offline!)
* Save queried translations to text file on SD card for later reference.
* English - Afrikaans
* English - Albanian
* English - Arabic
* English - Armenian
* English - Azeri
* English - Basque
* English - Belarusian
* English - Bengali
* English - Bosnian
* English - Breton
* English - Bulgarian
* English - Burmese
* English - Catalan
* English - Chinese|Mandarin|Cantonese
* English - Croatian
* English - Czech
* English - Danish
* English - Dutch
* English - Esperanto
* English - Estonian
* English - Faroese
* English - Finnish
* English - French
* English - Gaelic
* English - Galician
* English - Georgian
* English - Greek
* English - Haitian Creole
* English - Hawaiian
* English - Hebrew
* English - Hindi
* English - Hungarian
* English - Icelandic
* English - Indonesian
* English - Irish
* English - Italian
* English - Japanese
* English - Korean
* English - Kurdish
* English - Latin
* English - Latvian
* English - Lithuanian
* English - Luxembourgish
* English - Macedonian
* English - Malay
* English - Maori
* English - Mongolian
* English - Nepali
* English - Norwegian
* English - Persian
* English - Polish
* English - Portuguese
* English - Punjabi
* English - Romanian
* English - Russian
* English - Sanskrit
* English - Serbian
* English - Slovak
* English - Somali
* English - Spanish
* English - Swahili
* English - Swedish
* English - Tagalog
* English - Tajik
* English - Thai
* English - Tibetan
* English - Turkish
* English - Ukrainian
* English - Urdu
* English - Vietnamese
* English - Welsh
* English - Yiddish
* English - Zulu
* Finnish - Norwegian
* Finnish - Swedish
* French - Chinese|Mandarin|Cantonese
* French - Dutch
* French - Italian
* French - Japanese
* French - Latin
* French - Russian
* German - Chinese|Mandarin|Cantonese
* German - English
* German - Esperanto
* German - French
* German - Hungarian
* German - Italian
* German - Japanese
* German - Latin
* German - Polish
* German - Russian
* German - Spanish
* German - Swedish
* Greek - Italian
* Hungarian - Italian
* Italian - Chinese|Mandarin|Cantonese
* Italian - Dutch
* Italian - Japanese
* Italian - Latin
* Italian - Latvian
* Italian - Polish
* Italian - Russian
* Italian - Swedish
* Japanese - Chinese|Mandarin|Cantonese
* Korean - Chinese|Mandarin|Cantonese
* Norwegian - Swedish
* Spanish - Chinese|Mandarin|Cantonese
* Spanish - French
* Spanish - Italian
* Arabic - Chinese|Mandarin|Cantonese
* Arabic - French
* Arabic - German
* Arabic - Hebrew
* Arabic - Italian
* Arabic - Japanese
* Arabic - Russian
* Arabic - Spanish
* Bulgarian - French
* Catalan - German
* Czech - French
* Czech - German
* Data from en.wiktionary.org.
If Dictionary crashes on your device (especially Sony Ericsson devices),
try using Dictionary's preferences to change to the "System default" font.
Dictionary is based on QuickDic code:, and licensed under the Apache License.
QuickDic code: http://code.google.com/p/quickdic-dictionary/
Apache License, Version 2.0: http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0.html
• EASY: you don't need any special skills, just start drawing
• INTERESTING: try different styles of drawings
• FUNNY: now you can draw nice animals, or cartoon characters or cars and more
• self-teaching (educational)
• the app includes lots of drawings such as: cartoon characters, animals, cars, dragons, planes, flowers, and much more!
• each drawing is divided into a number of steps which are easy to follow.
• starting from a few lines, you’ll end up with a complete picture.
• You can create your own drawing and draw right on the screen.
• parents can use it to give drawing lessons to their kids.
The next permissions:
used for showing and maintance ads only
used for saving your own drawings only
✔ Name numbers
✔ Compare numbers
✔ Match numbers
Wouldn't it be just wonderful if there was a simple game for preschoolers that made learning numbers and basic math skills enjoyable? There is! It's called Kids Numbers and Math - and it will teach your kids how to count, as well the basics of addition, subtraction and much more!
Numbers are spoken in kid-friendly English. The paid version enables the number ranges to be set, with numbers going up to 20.
The game is from Intellijoy, where we specialize in educational games with the fun built right into them.
Your child will love playing Kids Numbers and Math, and you'll be able to relax, knowing your child is learning while having great fun.
If you want your child to learn math – and enjoy it – you can't find a better choice than Kids Numbers and Math.
More from developer
List of Contents
1. Cardio Vascular System
2. Digestive system
3. Endocrine - Central Nervous
4. Endocrine - Reproductive
5. Endocrine - Alimentary
6. The Eye
7. Female Reproductive System
8. Lymphatic System
9. Male Reproductive System
10. Muscular System - Back
11. Muscular System - Front
12. Nervous System
13. Respiratory System
14. Skeletal System - Back
15. Skeletal System - Front
16. Urinary System
- Illustration of each biological system that can be zoomed using pinch touch.
- Description of each element represented in each biological system.
- Reference links to wiki for more thorough descriptions.
- To view a specific biological system one has to select it from the main list. This will open a new view with an illustration of the biological system. The user can zoom the image to see details better by using the pinch zoom. To view more information about a topic, just click on the item. If the user wants a more detailed description there is a "More Information Wiki" button, which is available behind the menu button of the device.
Note: Ad supported application. For ad free version buy Human Anatomy Pro
- 92 knots.
- 10 categories: Bend, Binding, Climbing, Decorative, Fishing, Hitch, Looping, Running, Stopper, Whipping.
- Click knot image to get a zoomed in view of the knot.
Note1: Ad supported! For ad free version buy Knots Guide Pro
Note: Ad Supported! For ad free version buy Survival Guide Pro
- Zooming is supported in order to see the text/images better.
- All the texts and illustrations can be read offline. No internet connection is needed. The internet connection is only used to display ads.
Chapter 1: INTRODUCTION
- Survival Actions
- Pattern for Survival
Chapter 2: PSYCHOLOGY OF SURVIVAL
- A Look at Stress
- Natural Reactions
- Preparing Yourself
Chapter 3: SURVIVAL PLANNING AND SURVIVAL KITS
- Importance of Planning
- Survival Kits
Chapter 4: BASIC SURVIVAL MEDICINE
- Requirements for Maintenance of Health
- Medical Emergencies
- Lifesaving Steps
- Bone and Joint Injury
- Bites and Stings
- Environmental Injuries
- Herbal Medicines
Chapter 5: SHELTERS
- Primary Shelter—Uniform
- Shelter Site Selection
- Types of Shelters
Chapter 6: WATER PROCUREMENT
- Water Sources
- Still Construction
- Water Purification
- Water Filtration Devices
Chapter 7: FIRECRAFT
- Basic Fire Principles
- Site Selection and Preparation
- Fire Material Selection
- How to Build a Fire
- How to Light a Fire
Chapter 8: FOOD PROCUREMENT
- Animals for Food
- Traps and Snares
- Killing Devices
- Fishing Devices
- Cooking and Storage of Fish and Game
Chapter 9: SURVIVAL USE OF PLANTS
- Edibility of Plants
- Plants for Medicine
- Miscellaneous Uses of Plants
Chapter 10: POISONOUS PLANTS
- How Plants Poison
- All About Plants
- Rules for Avoiding Poisonous Plants
- Contact Dermatitis
- Ingestion Poisoning
Chapter 11: DANGEROUS ANIMALS
- Insects and Arachnids
- Venomous Snakes
- Snake-Free Areas
- Dangerous Lizards
- Dangers in Rivers
- Dangers in Bays and Estuaries
- Saltwater Dangers
- Other Dangerous Sea Creatures
Chapter 12: FIELD-EXPEDIENT WEAPONS, TOOLS, AND EQUIPMENT
- Edged Weapons
- Other Expedient Weapons
- Cordage and Lashing
- Rucksack Construction
- Clothing and Insulation
- Cooking and Eating Utensils
Chapter 13: DESERT SURVIVAL
- Environmental Factors
- Need for Water
- Heat Casualties
- Desert Hazards
Chapter 14: TROPICAL SURVIVAL
- Tropical Weather
- Jungle Types
- Travel Through Jungle Areas
- Immediate Considerations
- Water Procurement
- Poisonous Plants
Chapter 15: COLD WEATHER SURVIVAL
- Cold Regions and Locations
- Basic Principles of Cold Weather Survival
- Medical Aspects
- Cold Injuries
- Weather Signs
Chapter 16: SEA SURVIVAL
- The Open Sea
Chapter 17: EXPEDIENT WATER CROSSINGS
- Rivers and Streams
- Flotation Devices
- Other Water Obstacles
- Vegetation Obstacles
Chapter 18: FIELD-EXPEDIENT DIRECTION FINDING
- Using the Sun and Shadows
- Using the Moon
- Using the Stars
- Making Improvised Compasses
- Other Means of Determining Direction
Chapter 19: SIGNALING TECHNIQUES
- Means for Signaling
- Codes and Signals
- Aircraft Vectoring Procedures
-About 150 quotes
-Email/SMS quote to friends
Note: Ad Supported!
-Over 300 riddles
-6 different categories: Logic, Traditional, Classic, What am I, Easy, Hard
Note. Ad supported!
The periodic table of the chemical elements is a tabular display of the chemical elements. Although precursors to this table exist, its invention is generally credited to Russian chemist Dmitri Mendeleev in 1869, who intended the table to illustrate recurring ("periodic") trends in the properties of the elements. The layout of the table has been refined and extended over time, as new elements have been discovered, and new theoretical models have been developed to explain chemical behavior.
- The periodic table (zoomable and in some devices pinch-zoomable)
- Descriptions and illustrations of the elements (touch element for information)
The following properties are displayed for each element if the value is currently known by science.
Group, Standard atomic weight
Electrons per shell
Phase, Density (near r.t.)
Heat of fusion
Heat of vaporization
Specific heat capacity (25 ∞C)
Van der Waals radius
Electrical resistivity (20 ∞C)
Thermal conductivity (300 K)
Thermal expansion (25 ∞C)
Speed of sound (thin rod)
CAS registry number
Note: Ad supported application. For ad free version buy Elements - Periodic Table Pro
This field manual details techniques soldiers and leaders must know to cope with mountainous terrain. These techniques are the foundation upon which the mountaineer must build. They must be applied to the various situations encountered to include river crossings, glaciers, snow-covered mountains, ice climbing, rock climbing, and urban vertical environments.
*** This application is completely based on the United States MILITARY MOUNTAINEERING Field Manual FM 3-97.61. ***
- Both Portrait and Landscape modes are supported. Landscape mode is preferred for better reading experience.
- Zooming is supported in order to see the text/images better.
List of Contents
CHAPTER 1. MOUNTAIN TERRAIN, WEATHER, AND HAZARDS
CHAPTER 2. MOUNTAIN LIVING
CHAPTER 3. MOUNTAINEERING EQUIPMENT
CHAPTER 4. ROPE MANAGEMENT AND KNOTS
CHAPTER 5. ANCHORS
CHAPTER 6. CLIMBING
CHAPTER 7. ROPE INSTALLATIONS
CHAPTER 8. MOUNTAIN WALKING TECHNIQUES
CHAPTER 9 MOUNTAIN STREAM CROSSING
CHAPTER 10. MOVEMENT OVER SNOW AND ICE
CHAPTER 11. MOUNTAIN RESCUE AND EVACUATION
APPENDIX A. LEVELS OF MILITARY MOUNTAINEERING
APPENDIX B. MEASUREMENT CONVERSION FACTORS
APPENDIX C. AVALANCHE SEARCH AND RESCUE TECHNIQUES
Note: Ad supported application. For ad free version buy Mountaineering Pro