OpenCL-X runs a large set of synthetic and real world OpenCL tests under various conditions. In this way, it determines the maximum performance as well as the sensitivity for non optimal conditions. The benchmark results can be compared with other devices in the database. Furthermore, it can also detect all available OpenCL™ devices and their capabilities whether they run on the GPU or CPU.
OpenCL-X enables you to:
- perform a detailed GPGPU benchmark and generate a weighted score ( Xmark score ).
- compare your OpenCL™ performance with other devices.
- benchmark the maximum performance and its sensitivity to non optimal conditions.
- detect the OpenCL™ capabilities of the device(s) if any.
- display all properties of the detected OpenCL™ devices.
- search a database of validated OpenCL™ capable devices.
- search on properties of all devices that the app has verified to have OpenCL™.
Although the hardware in newer generation devices supports it, Google does not support OpenCL™ to support GPGPU as part of the Android platform at the moment. Therefore, not all devices are equipped with drivers required tot run OpenCL™. OpenCL-X Benchmark provides a large list of Android devices with validated OpenCL™ support and its features. It enables a developer to decide if it make sense for them to utilize OpenCL™ to accelerate their application.
More and more device manufacturers include the necessary drivers as OpenCL™ can be very useful to accelerate specific workloads. The goal of this benchmark tool is to build a database of all OpenCL™ capable devices and its properties so developers/users can search through this data. This enables them to see how to optimally accelerate their application with OpenCL™ for a large set of devices.
If your device is known to have OpenCL™ capable hardware and drivers but the app fails to detect it, please send us an email. This enables us to investigate this specific device and add support for it.
OpenCL™ and the OpenCL™ logo are trademarks of Apple Inc. used by permission by Khronos.