- realtime display of lightning data
- display of historical lightning data of the last 24 hours
- for regions Europe, North & South America, Asia, Africa and Australia/New Zealand
- lightning strike time color coded
- reduced data volume and fast response
- current lightning strike time and lightning count
- optional user location display
- alarm function shows distance/direction of storms
- alarm background service
- support for notifications and vibration alarm
- single stroke display for blitzortung.org participants
Please visit http://www.blitzortung.org for more information regarding the community based lightning location project. http://www.blitzortung.org.
The raster display ensures a fast performance of the application even if there is a very high thunderstorm activity. Blitzortung.org participants can visualize all stroke locations individually.
If you would like to contribute to a translation of the software in your language, please do not hesitate to contact the author of the software.
Note to Australian/US west coast users: The blitzortung.org network is currently concentrated on the eastern part of the continent. If you would like to help to extend the coverage to other parts of Australia/South America/Asia/Africa, please participate in the blitzortung.org network. Further information can be found here http://blitzortung.org/Webpages/index.php?page=2. Thank you!
Project Repository: https://github.com/wuan/bo-android
Using the GPS location provider in combination with the background service can lead to high battery use. Please use the network or the passive location provider for background operation.
Fun and educational, it's also useful for outdoor activities where lightning may be a hazard (handy for lifeguards, referees, playground helpers, etc.).
Not recommended for artillery spotting...
Suggestions welcome - please email me.
This App will never contain annoying ads - ever!
**** SECURITY NOTICE ****
Lightning uses the following permissions ONLY:
Modify/delete SD card contents. Not that it really *does* anything with the SD card...
Prevent phone from sleeping
Read phone state and identity
The last one is a result of building for Android 1.6 compatibility - Lightning does *NOT* actually access the phone information in any way.
*** Lightning Data subscription is for the United States only ***
For an annual subscription of $2.99 (plus tax), you will gain access to lightning strike data and see a map of current lightning strikes for your location within 50 miles and be able to receive lighting strike alerts.
A Map will also display recent lightning strikes within a 50 mile radius of your location and storm tracks for any radar detected thunderstorm.
Weather Alerts from the National Weather Service (NWS) - weather alerts will display current severe weather watches and warnings on the map and display details about the weather event. You will also receive notifications if there is a severe warning for your selected location
Lighting Map - Lightning strikes will be displayed on the map within 30 minutes of the recorded lightning strike.
-- Red Lighting Strikes = 0 - 5 Minutes
-- Yellow Lighting Strikes = 6 - 10 Minutes
-- Blue Lightning Strikes = 11 - 15 Minutes
-- Black Lightning Strikes = 16 - 30 Minutes
Thunderstorm Map - Storm tracks for nexrad radar detected thunderstorms
-- Black Square = Thunderstorm
-- Yellow Square = Hailstorm
-- Yellow Diamond = Mesocyclone
-- Purple Triangle = Tornado
Thunderstorm Alerts - thunderstorm alerts will allow you to automatically send thunderstorm detection to your notification bar every 1, 5,10, 15, or 30 minutes so you do not have to keep checking the map in order to see thunderstorms near your location. (WiFi/Data and GPS must be enabled for this to work)
-- Green Notifications = Thunderstorm Within 30 Miles
-- Yellow Notifications = Thunderstorm Within 20 Miles
-- Orange Notifications = Thunderstorm Within 10 Miles
-- Red Notifications = Thunderstorm Within 5 Miles
Lightning Alerts - Lightning alerts will allow you to automatically send lighting strike detection to your notification bar every 1, 5,10, 15, or 30 minutes so you do not have to keep checking the lightning map in order to see lightning strikes near your location. (WiFi/Data and GPS must be enabled for this to work)
-- Green Notifications = Lightning Within 30 Miles
-- Yellow Notifications = Lightning Within 20 Miles
-- Orange Notifications = Lightning Within 10 Miles
-- Red Notifications = Lightning Within 5 Miles
Thunderstorm and Lighting Strike Proximity Detection - If a thunderstorm or lightning is detected within a radius of 5, 10, 20, or 30 miles you will automatically receive a notification in the notification bar that the thunderstorm or lightning is within that selected radius on the map.
Lightning strikes will only be visible within a 50 mile radius of your location.
Radar Overlay - Show real-time nexrad radar composite reflectivity for the United States
Current Conditions - Displays the current weather conditions which include: Nearest Thunderstorm Detection (experimental) , Storm Intensity, Chance of Rain/Thunderstorms, Temperature and Feels Like Temperature, Dew Point, Humidity, Wind Speed, Wind Direction, Visibility, Cloud Cover, Atmospheric Pressure, and O-Zone
48 hour (hourly) Forecast - Current Conditions view includes an interactive 48 hour (hourly) forecast
7day forecast - List view of the forecasted weather for the next 7 days
Weather Links - Weather links for a full map analysis of the current and forecasted weather which include advanced weather forcast overlays
Send Feature requests to:
Lightning data by Blitzortung.org and its contributors.
This app features
• Location of lightning strikes
• Thundery showers forecast
• Weather Radar Rain Area
• Push notification Alert for lightning and thundery showers
• Voice Alert (only when the app is on foreground)
For a full suite of information and online services, please visit http://www.nea.gov.sg or follow NEAsg on Twitter to receive more updates.
Formed on 1 July 2002, the National Environment Agency (NEA) is the leading public organization responsible for improving and sustaining a clean and green environment in Singapore. The NEA develops and spearheads environmental initiatives and programmes through its partnership with the People, Public and Private sectors. It is committed to motivating every individual to take up environmental ownership and to care for the environment as a way of life.
By protecting Singapore's resources from pollution, maintaining a high level of public health and providing timely meteorological information, the NEA endeavours to ensure sustainable development and a quality living environment for present and future generations.
- Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
- This app is not suitable for mission critical services.
This application is a service of the Singapore Government.
How to use:
Press the lightning button when you see the flash then press the thunder when you hear the rumble.
* You can check distance on graph to know if thunder is coming to you
* You can check thunder area on map based on your GPS location and storm distance
thunder, storm, lightning, calculator
The settings allow you to decide how far you wish to detect strikes from your location, whether you want a vibration alert and also what distance you want a vibration alert. The app also allows you to decide on a range of "quiet times" when the app will not alert you to close strikes.
The default frequency to check the nearby strikes is every 2 minutes but this can also be changed.
The app will then scan around your location and "listen out" for nearby strikes. If any are detected it will display the distance from the strike (and colour code this depending on how close it is) as well as telling you the direction it was detected from your location.
This app is a must have not just for storm chasers but anyone who loves thunderstorms or takes part in sports or recreation where being outside near a thunderstorm is not a great idea (golfers? ;-))
• Highly responsive interactive map optimized for 3G and WiFi performance
• Vertical and horizontal map display with looping
• NOWrad, the gold standard for radar in the weather industry
• Highest resolution satellite cloud imagery available
• Exclusive patent pending Road Weather Index
• Color coded weather alerts arranged by severity
• Fully integrated GPS for current location awareness
• Integrated compass overlay
• Most accurate 10 day forecasts with both daily and hourly detail
• Ability to easily save your favorite locations
• Full featured and user tested
• Weather Widget for unlock page
• Earthquake Plotting
• Storm Track Plotting
• Tropical Track Plotting
• Status bar alert acknowledgement
• Alerts over map on/off switch in settings
• Additional Small Widget
• Widget Configuration (Daily or Hourly view)
• Watch/Warning (Alert) boxes on map.
• Spanish language support; NOTE: Language used in the app will reflect the overall language being used for the device
• Ability to acknowledge Alerts from within the app
• Audio, LED, and vibrate for Alert Notifications
• Feature tips to help users more fully take advantage of app features
• User controllable alerts - Allow the selection of all alerts or just critical alerts
• Single activity scrolling menu
Plus this is the only app that shows hi-definition animated past, current and future-radar in a single continuous sequence on a fluid responsive map without having to press a single button.
Plus this is the only app that can instantly show predicted rain start/stop times for any point on the map.
Plus this is the only app that allows you to control the loop speed, and also choose the interval between individual frames from 5 minutes all the way to 1 hr, and also change the number of frames shown in animation.
Plus this is the only app that automatically augments land-based radar images with latest images from NOAA satellites covering the Atlantic/Pacific oceans into one single screen. This lets you track and follow the upcoming hurricanes and storms all from the same map.
Plus easily bookmark multiple locations so you can do a quick radar + forecast check for all your important places in just a few seconds.
- Install and go, no complex setup
- RadarCast - our proprietary realtime future-cast technology that lets you see hi-definition radar one hour into the future
- Rain start/ stop times for any point on the map
- Near real-time, shows the latest radar images within minutes of being gathered.
- Severe weather warning boxes on the map
- Storm Tracks on the map with detailed storm information
- Hurricane Forecast Tracks on the map with detailed information
- Wildfire locations on map with detailed information and firefighting updates
- Bookmark multiple locations for quick access
- Check the current weather + forecast for any point on the map
- Fast Loading
- Intuitive Play/pause/manual modes for moving between frames.
- Always shows both time-stamp and "minutes ago" with each frame to prevent any confusion while viewing the loop
- Select opacity of radar images to your taste
- Read Area Forecast Discussions issued by your nearest NWS forecast office.
- Check your local radar site's hardware operational status from within the app
- See images from upto 6 hours ago by increasing frame interval and number of frames to maximum
- Get fast support from within the app
Coverage Notes: If you live in a very-high-altitude town in Colorado (e.g. Fraser, Vail, Aspen), most likely this app will not meet your needs since radar beams get blocked by the tall mountains. Alaska coverage includes only the southern coastal areas, and does not include the Aleutian Chain. Cloud coverage does not include Alaska and Guam. Also, push-notifications for rain will not work reliably in Hawaii, Guam and Alaska. Aviation Sectional Charts are not available for Hawaii.
- This app is only useful for users in the US, including all 50 states and territories including Puerto Rico and Guam.
Lightning Finder displays current lightning strikes in near real time for the contiguous 48 States, Mexico, Puerto Rico, portions of Central America and the Caribbean Islands for one year from your purchase date, renewable annually.
Unlike other lightning applications, we offer a complete national lightning strike map designed for full resolution on your mobile device. Use standard gestures to move around the national map, pinch to zoom in and out. Investigate storm cells and lightning strikes nationwide with radar and cloud cover overlays as well as radar looping. The map can be viewed in Standard, Satellite or Hybrid mode. All strikes are colored coded so you can visually determine its age. Red is 0-5 minutes, orange 5-15 minutes and yellow is older than 15 minutes.
Use your current location or press and hold the map to display detailed lightning information with a displayable safety perimeter showing the 3, 6 and 10 mile safety boundaries. All strikes within a 25 mile radius of your current location or configured zip code are displayed with full accuracy. Outside of your area, regional strikes are displayed with 10 mile resolution. You may change your zip code as often as you like to view areas of interest.
Use the included alarm service to configure Text Messaging alerts based on your location or configured zip code. This service will send an SMS message to your phone when lightning is detected within your safety perimeter. All major carriers are supported for Text Messaging.
Lightning data is provided in 'near real time' by the North American Precision Lightning Network. Lightning data is not guaranteed nor is the timeliness of delivery. Do not use this application for personal safety. This application only maps lightning strikes that have already occurred and does not predict future strikes or locations.
-Near real time lightning map of the contiguous 48 States, Mexico, Puerto Rico, portions of Central America and the Caribbean Islands
-Full map features and standard gestures
-Radar and Cloud Cover (Infrared) overlays
-Color coded strikes.
-Text message alerts
Lightning Finder is now a subscription based service so you get one full year of service from your purchase date or renew date. Each year of service is $5.99 and is charged to your account at confirmation of purchase.
This application shows you advanced maps, you will see in an instant where is lightning near you.
The new Weather Underground Android app provides the world's most accurate hyper-local weather forecasts in addition to interactive radar, satellite maps and severe weather alerts. Powered by our unique community of weather enthusiasts reporting live data from weather stations in their own backyards, this crowd-sourced data generates forecasts targeted to your precise location.
With severe weather alerts, Weather Underground is your essential app during severe weather events. Our interactive map (WunderMap) displays animated radar and satellite data to track storms, as well as providing specific map presets for tracking hurricanes and wildfires. Customize your experience by dragging and dropping the content modules on the main screen of the app
WHAT MAKES THIS WEATHER APP DIFFERENT TO OTHER APPS?
WE FILL IN THE GAPS
Our 100,000+ personal weather stations report the most localized weather conditions. The data that we collect from our user-owned weather stations fills in the gaps between the airport weather stations that other weather services rely upon to generate forecasts - meaning our data is generated from actual data points in your neighborhood.
INTERACTIVE WEATHER & RADAR MAP
The most interactive weather map (WunderMap) on mobile allows you to select from different weather overlays including current conditions from our personal weather station network, animated radar, satellite, webcams and severe weather. Customize the map by selecting specific data layers or choose from the various map presets such as severe alerts, fire risk, active fires, hurricane and webcams.
- Sky reports let you tell us if the sky conditions we’re reporting are what you're actually observing. If you see something different you can report the conditions you're experiencing for the benefit of other app users.
- Hazard reports allow you to report any hazardous road conditions you experience to help other people in your area.
ABOUT WEATHER UNDERGROUND
Founded in 1995 as the first online weather service, Weather Underground supplies weather data solutions to the many of the leading media companies and millions of users across the globe through their mobile apps and website wunderground.com. With over 30,000 personal weather stations worldwide, Weather Underground is able to provide meaningful and reliable weather data to people in real-time. Weather Underground is part of the Weather Company and based in San Francisco, California.
- Status notification: instantly view your current temperature and condition on the notification bar
- Current conditions from your local weather station include temperature, feels like temperatures, wind speed & direction, humidity, dew point, visibility, pressure, gusts and moon phase
- 10-day Forecasts including text summary
- Hourly Forecasts including sunrise and sunset
- Historical data
- Interactive Map showing all the personal weather stations in your neighborhood with animated radar, satellite, webcams and much more data
- List view of saved Favorite Locations and Recent Searches
- Crowd reporting feature empowers users to verify our data and send their own Sky Reports and Hazard Reports
- Twitter Integration – share weather data straight onto your Twitter handle and follow the latest weather trends on the Wunderground Twitter Feed
- Snow and Winter Sport reports
- Hazard Reports allow users to share dangerous road conditions in their area
- Purchase ad free subscriptions for $1.99 per year
- Choose Light or Dark mode
- Customize your experience by sliding the weather information up and down
- Switch between Best Forecast™ & NWS Forecast
- National Weather Service Radio
- Health Card: Monitor air quality, UV risk, and local flu outbreaks with the Health Tile.
- Widgets: Choose between 7 new customizable widgets (transparency, font color)
- Push notifications: Keep an eye out for extreme weather with severe weather alerts (Polygonal based alerting)
Share quotes with the World, through Twitter, Facebook, Gmail, G+ or any other sharing capable App.
Tweet and FB post quotes directly from the App.
Brilliant quotes from leaders, authors,philosophers and people from all walks of life.
Share inspirational quotes on Facebook, Twitter or anywhere you like.
The best life quotes for any occasion.
Full text search, lets you quickly find the inspirational quote you need.
Use these quotes to inspire, motivate and enlighten you.
Has great quotes on a variety of topics including love quotes, friendships quotes, death quotes, life quotes, hope quotes, health quotes and much more.
Find fantastic inspirational quotes for 2015.
A collection of quotes from a great man.
Made in a bit of a hurry so improvements are coming soon, all suggestions are welcome, please use the email and not the comments section if you expect to hear back from me.
Includes two offline maps, one for the Stockholm Metro and one for the complete Stockholm rail system.
Finds nearby subway stations using your location and helps you get there using google maps (Needs GMaps installed.)
Integrates the official Stockholm public Trip Planner (Sl.se).
Planner works for all transport systems including:
Supports Move to SD (Android 2.2 and above)
Speech audio clips.
Share to Facebook, Twitter and anywhere else!
In a 2002 BBC poll of the "100 Greatest Britons", he was proclaimed "The Greatest of Them All" based on approximately a million votes from BBC viewers.
Widely regarded as one of the great wartime leaders and served as Prime Minister twice (1940–45 and 1951–55).
A noted statesman and orator, Churchill was also an officer in the British Army, a historian, a writer, and an artist.
To date, he is the only British prime minister to have received the Nobel Prize in Literature.
This is to allow them to avoid getting stuck on the road and better plan their journeys.
The app uses the users location to show traffic reports that are near the user. The app aims to monetize by showing users geo targeted ads based on the users location history.
Currently works for non-utility vehicles only.
Based on Version 19 of the government spreadsheet.
THIS APP HAS NO OFFICIAL AFFILIATION WITH THE TANZANIA REVENUE AUTHORITY!!
PLEASE CONSULT A PROFESSIONAL BEFORE MAKING ANY FINANCIAL DECISIONS!!
Save the opening and closing times for each day plus holidays, save other notes about the place,
Enter a URL, email or phone number in the notes field and it will automatically be converted to a click-able link launching the appropriate application such as web browser.
and customizable Quick Tip radio buttons for easy tip percentage selection.
Figuring out the gratuity has never been this easy!
Please contact the developer in case of any issues or feature requests, will do my best to help. Lets make this the best tip calculator ever!