- realtime display of lightning data
- display of historical lightning data of the last 24 hours
- support for regions Europe, USA and Australia/New Zealand
- lightning strike time color coded
- reduced data volume and fast response
- current lightning strike time and lightning count
- optional user location display
- alarm function shows distance/direction of storms
- alarm background service
- support for notifications and vibration alarm
- single stroke display for blitzortung.org participants
Please visit http://www.blitzortung.org for more information regarding the community based lightning location project. http://www.blitzortung.org.
The raster display ensures a fast performance of the application even if there is a very high thunderstorm activity. Blitzortung.org participants can visualize all stroke locations individually.
If you would like to contribute to a translation of the software in your language, please do not hesitate to contact the author of the software.
Note to Australian/US west coast users: The blitzortung.org network is currently concentrated on the eastern part of the continent. If you would like to help to extend the coverage to other parts of australia/US, please participate in the blitzortung.org network. Further information can be found here http://blitzortung.org/Webpages/index.php?page=2. Thank you!
Project Repository: https://github.com/wuan/bo-android
Please note that version 1.1.0 does not work on devices where freed wakelocks do not ignore the timeout if they are already free, but crash the application instead. This is solved with 1.1.1.
Using the GPS location provider in combination with the background service can lead to high battery use. Please use the network or the passive location provider for background operation.
If you have a problem with the app or have a feature request I will be glad to help. You can contact me at:
For an annual subscription of $2.99 (plus tax), you will gain access to lightning strike data and see a map of current lightning strikes for your location within 50 miles and be able to receive lighting strike alerts.
Perfect for detecting storms and lightning strikes for all outdoor sports, work and activities such as Golf, swimming, baseball, football, soccer, hiking, walking, boating, camping, picnics, tennis, biking, hunting, and outdoor concerts, the beach, and any other outdoor activity.
A Map will also display recent lightning strikes within a 50 mile radius of your location and storm tracks for any radar detected thunderstorm.
Weather Alerts from the National Weather Service (NWS) - weather alerts will display current severe weather watches and warnings on the map and display details about the weather event. You will also receive notifications if there is a severe warning for your selected location
Lighting Map - Lightning strikes will be displayed on the map within 30 minutes of the recorded lightning strike.
-- Red Lighting Strikes = 0 - 5 Minutes
-- Yellow Lighting Strikes = 6 - 10 Minutes
-- Blue Lightning Strikes = 11 - 15 Minutes
-- Black Lightning Strikes = 16 - 30 Minutes
Thunderstorm Map - Storm tracks for nexrad radar detected thunderstorms
-- Black Square = Thunderstorm
-- Yellow Square = Hailstorm
-- Yellow Diamond = Mesocyclone
-- Purple Triangle = Tornado
Thunderstorm Alerts - thunderstorm alerts will allow you to automatically send thunderstorm detection to your notification bar every 1, 5,10, 15, or 30 minutes so you do not have to keep checking the map in order to see thunderstorms near your location. (WiFi/Data and GPS must be enabled for this to work)
-- Green Notifications = Thunderstorm Within 30 Miles
-- Yellow Notifications = Thunderstorm Within 20 Miles
-- Orange Notifications = Thunderstorm Within 10 Miles
-- Red Notifications = Thunderstorm Within 5 Miles
Lightning Alerts - Lightning alerts will allow you to automatically send lighting strike detection to your notification bar every 1, 5,10, 15, or 30 minutes so you do not have to keep checking the lightning map in order to see lightning strikes near your location. (WiFi/Data and GPS must be enabled for this to work)
-- Green Notifications = Lightning Within 30 Miles
-- Yellow Notifications = Lightning Within 20 Miles
-- Orange Notifications = Lightning Within 10 Miles
-- Red Notifications = Lightning Within 5 Miles
Thunderstorm and Lighting Strike Proximity Detection - If a thunderstorm or lightning is detected within a radius of 5, 10, 20, or 30 miles you will automatically receive a notification in the notification bar that the thunderstorm or lightning is within that selected radius on the map.
Lightning strikes will only be visible within a 50 mile radius of your location.
Radar Overlay - Show real-time nexrad radar composite reflectivity for the United States
Current Conditions - Displays the current weather conditions which include: Nearest Thunderstorm Detection (experimental) , Storm Intensity, Chance of Rain/Thunderstorms, Temperature and Feels Like Temperature, Dew Point, Humidity, Wind Speed, Wind Direction, Visibility, Cloud Cover, Atmospheric Pressure, and O-Zone
48 hour (hourly) Forecast - Current Conditions view includes an interactive 48 hour (hourly) forecast
7day forecast - List view of the forecasted weather for the next 7 days
Weather Links - Weather links for a full map analysis of the current and forecasted weather which include advanced weather forcast overlays
Send Feature requests to:
Fun and educational, it's also useful for outdoor activities where lightning may be a hazard (handy for lifeguards, referees, playground helpers, etc.).
Not recommended for artillery spotting...
Suggestions welcome - please email me.
This App will never contain annoying ads - ever!
**** SECURITY NOTICE ****
Lightning uses the following permissions ONLY:
Modify/delete SD card contents. Not that it really *does* anything with the SD card...
Prevent phone from sleeping
Read phone state and identity
The last one is a result of building for Android 1.6 compatibility - Lightning does *NOT* actually access the phone information in any way.
This app features
• Location of lightning strikes
• Thundery showers forecast
• Weather Radar Rain Area
• Push notification Alert for lightning and thundery showers
• Voice Alert (only when the app is on foreground)
For a full suite of information and online services, please visit http://www.nea.gov.sg or follow NEAsg on Twitter to receive more updates.
Formed on 1 July 2002, the National Environment Agency (NEA) is the leading public organization responsible for improving and sustaining a clean and green environment in Singapore. The NEA develops and spearheads environmental initiatives and programmes through its partnership with the People, Public and Private sectors. It is committed to motivating every individual to take up environmental ownership and to care for the environment as a way of life.
By protecting Singapore's resources from pollution, maintaining a high level of public health and providing timely meteorological information, the NEA endeavours to ensure sustainable development and a quality living environment for present and future generations.
- Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
- This app is not suitable for mission critical services.
This application is a service of the Singapore Government.
Lightning Finder displays current lightning strikes in near real time for the contiguous 48 States, Mexico, Puerto Rico, portions of Central America and the Caribbean Islands for one year from your purchase date, renewable annually.
Unlike other lightning applications, we offer a complete national lightning strike map designed for full resolution on your mobile device. Use standard gestures to move around the national map, pinch to zoom in and out. Investigate storm cells and lightning strikes nationwide with radar and cloud cover overlays as well as radar looping. The map can be viewed in Standard, Satellite or Hybrid mode. All strikes are colored coded so you can visually determine its age. Red is 0-5 minutes, orange 5-15 minutes and yellow is older than 15 minutes.
Use your current location or press and hold the map to display detailed lightning information with a displayable safety perimeter showing the 3, 6 and 10 mile safety boundaries. All strikes within a 25 mile radius of your current location or configured zip code are displayed with full accuracy. Outside of your area, regional strikes are displayed with 10 mile resolution. You may change your zip code as often as you like to view areas of interest.
Use the included alarm service to configure Text Messaging alerts based on your location or configured zip code. This service will send an SMS message to your phone when lightning is detected within your safety perimeter. All major carriers are supported for Text Messaging.
Lightning data is provided in 'near real time' by the North American Precision Lightning Network. Lightning data is not guaranteed nor is the timeliness of delivery. Do not use this application for personal safety. This application only maps lightning strikes that have already occurred and does not predict future strikes or locations.
-Near real time lightning map of the contiguous 48 States, Mexico, Puerto Rico, portions of Central America and the Caribbean Islands
-Full map features and standard gestures
-Radar and Cloud Cover (Infrared) overlays
-Color coded strikes.
-Text message alerts
Lightning Finder is now a subscription based service so you get one full year of service from your purchase date or renew date. Each year of service is $5.99 and is charged to your account at confirmation of purchase.
How to use:
Press the lightning button when you see the flash then press the thunder when you hear the rumble.
* You can check distance on graph to know if thunder is coming to you
* You can check thunder area on map based on your GPS location and storm distance
thunder, storm, lightning, calculator
Involve yourself as weather detector and benefit from the network. The Google Maps-based map shows the weather data to meter precision.
- Global realtime weatherdetails
- Alarts for rain, snow, ice, storms, hail and fog possible
- Several widgets for your homescreen example radar
- Send-weather-funktion, tell everybody the weather at your place
- Much alarm and warn options, like speech alarm
- You can define as much alarms as you want to
The base of this app is google-maps.
The app is still under development, looking have a look on our Facebook page:
*** NOT FOR THE PROTECTION OF LIFE OR PROPERTY ***
- Presets for 30 detectors across 10 countries so far
- Custom detector
- Strike age colour-coded
- Graph of strike rate
- Strikes and graph can be animated
Detector owners: see http://skywatcher.net.nz/android.htm to if you would like your detector added to the preset list.
• Highly responsive interactive map optimized for 3G and WiFi performance
• Vertical and horizontal map display with looping
• NOWrad, the gold standard for radar in the weather industry
• Highest resolution satellite cloud imagery available
• Exclusive patent pending Road Weather Index
• Color coded weather alerts arranged by severity
• Fully integrated GPS for current location awareness
• Integrated compass overlay
• Most accurate 10 day forecasts with both daily and hourly detail
• Ability to easily save your favorite locations
• Full featured and user tested
• Weather Widget for unlock page
• Earthquake Plotting
• Storm Track Plotting
• Tropical Track Plotting
• Status bar alert acknowledgement
• Alerts over map on/off switch in settings
• Additional Small Widget
• Widget Configuration (Daily or Hourly view)
• Watch/Warning (Alert) boxes on map.
• Spanish language support; NOTE: Language used in the app will reflect the overall language being used for the device
• Ability to acknowledge Alerts from within the app
• Audio, LED, and vibrate for Alert Notifications
• Feature tips to help users more fully take advantage of app features
• User controllable alerts - Allow the selection of all alerts or just critical alerts
• Single activity scrolling menu
The map has the standard pinch/zoom capability which allows you to smoothly zoom and pan around the United States and see what the weather is like anywhere.
MyRadar shows animated weather, so you can tell if rain is headed toward or away from you, and how fast.
In addition to the free features of the app, a few additional upgrades are available; see severe storm warnings for your area, as provided by the National Weather Service, and real-time hurricane tracking - great for the start of hurricane season!
MyRadar currently only shows weather in the United States, and only in the 48 contiguous states - not Alaska, Hawaii or Puerto Rico.
Download MyRadar today and try it out!
The new Weather Underground Android app provides the world's most accurate hyper-local weather forecasts in addition to interactive radar, satellite maps and severe weather alerts. Powered by our unique community of weather enthusiasts reporting live data from weather stations in their own backyards, this crowd-sourced data generates forecasts targeted to your precise location.
With severe weather alerts, Weather Underground is your essential app during severe weather events. Our interactive map (WunderMap) displays animated radar and satellite data to track storms, as well as providing specific map presets for tracking hurricanes and wildfires. Customize your experience by dragging and dropping the content modules on the main screen of the app
WHAT MAKES THIS WEATHER APP DIFFERENT TO OTHER APPS?
WE FILL IN THE GAPS
Our 100,000+ personal weather stations report the most localized weather conditions. The data that we collect from our user-owned weather stations fills in the gaps between the airport weather stations that other weather services rely upon to generate forecasts - meaning our data is generated from actual data points in your neighborhood.
INTERACTIVE WEATHER & RADAR MAP
The most interactive weather map (WunderMap) on mobile allows you to select from different weather overlays including current conditions from our personal weather station network, animated radar, satellite, webcams and severe weather. Customize the map by selecting specific data layers or choose from the various map presets such as severe alerts, fire risk, active fires, hurricane and webcams.
- Sky reports let you tell us if the sky conditions we’re reporting are what you're actually observing. If you see something different you can report the conditions you're experiencing for the benefit of other app users.
- Hazard reports allow you to report any hazardous road conditions you experience to help other people in your area.
ABOUT WEATHER UNDERGROUND
Founded in 1995 as the first online weather service, Weather Underground supplies weather data solutions to the many of the leading media companies and millions of users across the globe through their mobile apps and website wunderground.com. With over 30,000 personal weather stations worldwide, Weather Underground is able to provide meaningful and reliable weather data to people in real-time. Weather Underground is part of the Weather Company and based in San Francisco, California.
- Status notification: instantly view your current temperature and condition on the notification bar
- Current conditions from your local weather station include temperature, feels like temperatures, wind speed & direction, humidity, dew point, visibility, pressure, gusts and moon phase
- 10-day Forecasts including text summary
- Hourly Forecasts including sunrise and sunset
- Historical data
- Interactive Map showing all the personal weather stations in your neighborhood with animated radar, satellite, webcams and much more data
- List view of saved Favorite Locations and Recent Searches
- Crowd reporting feature empowers users to verify our data and send their own Sky Reports and Hazard Reports
- Twitter Integration – share weather data straight onto your Twitter handle and follow the latest weather trends on the Wunderground Twitter Feed
- Snow and Winter Sport reports
- Hazard Reports allow users to share dangerous road conditions in their area
- Share severe alerts with your friends and family
- Purchase ad free subscriptions for $1.99 per year
- New widgets: 1x1 and 2x2!
- Choose Light or Dark mode
- Customize your experience by sliding the weather information up and down
- Switch between Best Forecast™ & NWS Forecast
- Weather commentary from Dr Masters
- National Weather Service Radio
Not only are NOAA forecasts the most accurate, they provide unique point forecasts for every square mile which take into consideration all the variables affecting the weather at that point, such as altitude. This is especially useful in locations with highly dynamic weather patterns and is a great tool for being outdoors.
-View forecast & current conditions for your current location.
-View forecast & current conditions for any location in the United States and Canada by map.
-Save favorite locations to quickly retrieve forecasts for them.
-Animated radar, cloud cover, precipitation & pressure imagery over Google Maps
-Map measuring tool to measure distance and elevation
-Hazardous weather alerts
-Current conditions notification
-Home screen widget
-Light and dark Material themes
-Optimized for tablets
-Android Wear support
An ad-free version of this app is also available:
Please e-mail me below with any bug reports or features requests. Thanks!
Share quotes with the World, through Twitter, Facebook, Gmail, G+ or any other sharing capable App.
Tweet and FB post quotes directly from the App.
Brilliant quotes from leaders, authors,philosophers and people from all walks of life.
Share inspirational quotes on Facebook, Twitter or anywhere you like.
The best life quotes for any occasion.
Full text search, lets you quickly find the inspirational quote you need.
Use these quotes to inspire, motivate and enlighten you.
Has great quotes on a variety of topics including love quotes, friendships quotes, death quotes, life quotes, hope quotes, health quotes and much more.
Find fantastic inspirational quotes for 2015.
A collection of quotes from a great man.
Made in a bit of a hurry so improvements are coming soon, all suggestions are welcome, please use the email and not the comments section if you expect to hear back from me.
Speech audio clips.
Share to Facebook, Twitter and anywhere else!
In a 2002 BBC poll of the "100 Greatest Britons", he was proclaimed "The Greatest of Them All" based on approximately a million votes from BBC viewers.
Widely regarded as one of the great wartime leaders and served as Prime Minister twice (1940–45 and 1951–55).
A noted statesman and orator, Churchill was also an officer in the British Army, a historian, a writer, and an artist.
To date, he is the only British prime minister to have received the Nobel Prize in Literature.
Includes two offline maps, one for the Stockholm Metro and one for the complete Stockholm rail system.
Finds nearby subway stations using your location and helps you get there using google maps (Needs GMaps installed.)
Integrates the official Stockholm public Trip Planner (Sl.se).
Planner works for all transport systems including:
Supports Move to SD (Android 2.2 and above)
and customizable Quick Tip radio buttons for easy tip percentage selection.
Figuring out the gratuity has never been this easy!
Please contact the developer in case of any issues or feature requests, will do my best to help. Lets make this the best tip calculator ever!
Save the opening and closing times for each day plus holidays, save other notes about the place,
Enter a URL, email or phone number in the notes field and it will automatically be converted to a click-able link launching the appropriate application such as web browser.
This is to allow them to avoid getting stuck on the road and better plan their journeys.
The app uses the users location to show traffic reports that are near the user. The app aims to monetize by showing users geo targeted ads based on the users location history.
Currently works for non-utility vehicles only.
Based on Version 19 of the government spreadsheet.
THIS APP HAS NO OFFICIAL AFFILIATION WITH THE TANZANIA REVENUE AUTHORITY!!
PLEASE CONSULT A PROFESSIONAL BEFORE MAKING ANY FINANCIAL DECISIONS!!