MCA is the perfect app for busy general practitioners working in the NHS Derbyshire Clinical Commissioning Groups' area, who want to learn more about the practical implications of the Mental Capacity Act 2005 and the Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards. Simply answer each question with a swipe and use key terms to learn more about this visionary piece of legislation.
• learn about the five principles, assessing capacity and making best interests decisions
• understand the acid test for a deprivation of liberty and the criteria for authorisation
• includes consideration of residential care, hospital and domestic settings
• intuitive swipe function lets you navigate questions quickly and easily
• undo function lets you re-answer questions
• key terms are defined as you progress
The app is designed for use in England and Wales.