The MM8003 is a precision 9-axis Orientation Sensor Module (OSM) with both wired (USB) and wireless (Bluetooth) connectivity. It provides fused sensor data (Quaternion, Euler Angles, Linear Acceleration, Gravity, Heading) or raw data output from a 3-axis gyroscope, a 3-axis accelerometer, and a 3-axis magnetometer. A 32-bit ARM Cortex-M4 processor running a high-performance sensor fusion algorithm with mCube Extended Kalman Filter (EKF) can dynamically compensate noise and offset from g-force, rotation rate and environment magnetic flux density data. mCube provides easy-to-use OSM ToolBox for PC and mobile devices to configure and monitor the MM8003. The software displays real time fusion results or sensor raw data. The firmware of MM8003 can be easily updated through onboard Universal Serial Bus (USB) / Universal Asynchronous Receiver/Transmitter (UART) interface or Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) Over-the-Air (OTA) through OSM APP.
• Graphs : OSM APP supports five different options to view the receiving data as real-time graphs through BLE. Click ‘3D’ at the upper right-hand corner of the APP. A 3D cube corresponding to the real-time MM8003 orientation will be shown in the middle of the screen.
• Data Logging : OSM APP allows user to record the sensor raw data and Euler angles through BLE via CSV file in the mobile root path. It can be easily imported to MATLAB, Excel, Python, etc. for further evaluation.
• Reconnection : User can enable the reconnection feature by selecting it to be enabled or disabled. Once it sets to enable, mobile device will connect to the target MM8003 automatically when connection is lost.
• ODR : User can config MM8003 ODR through ‘Device config’ to 25 Hz or 50Hz.
• Algorithm config : User can control the setting of MM8003 modes (AHRS/IMU) and location of reference magnetic field.
• Power options : User can send the reboot command easily to restart the MM8003 when it is connected to the mobile device. Or to send the reset command to recover all MM8003 setting back to factory default.
• Identification : The Identification feature is designed to find the target MM8003 within a short period if there are multiple MM8003 nearby the mobile device.
• Magnetometer Calibration : This command is only required when MM8003 running in AHRS (9DOF) mode and the status LED is blinking in red which indicates poor magnetism quality.
See https://mcubemems.com/mm8003 for more information.