StellaAccess 6 is a full-featured night sky planetarium and observing app powered by Sky Safari’s version 6! When paired with Stella, Meade Instrument’s Wi-Fi adapter (sold-separately), you can even remotely control your Go-To telescope wirelessly through the app.
StellaAccess is your roadmap to the night sky and is a critical tool necessary for discovering the universe. With it, you can view over 2.5 million night sky objects for any date and time, identify and locate targets to observe, read about celestial objects, and educate yourself on the constellations.
StellaAccess gives astronomers of all levels a user-friendly graphical interface for navigating the night sky. Whether you’re exploring from the comfort of your home, a local park or while traveling the world, StellaAccess lets you propel into the wonders of stars, deep space, planets, galaxies and more---all from your mobile device and no internet needed.
- Control and point your Meade telescope to any night sky object above the horizon wirelessly! Requires Meade’s Stella Wi-Fi telescope controller (sold separately). Compatible with many competitors telescopes too! See the full compatibility list below.
-Find over 2.5 million objects in the sky including planets, moons, asteroids, comets, and even satellites such as the international space station (ISS) and Iridium flares.
-Learn about the object you’re looking at with built in object data and color astro photographs.
-Orbit Mode: fly around the solar system and planets and simulate the views from other worlds.
-“Tonight at a Glance”: Gives you a tour of the best objects in the night sky based on your location and time.
-Replaces desktop astronomy software costing 10x more.
- Protect you dark adapted eyes using the built-in Night vision mode.
-Built-in panoramas of the horizon or create your own.
-Powered by the award winning SkySafari software!
-Astronomy resources section lets you stay connected to local astronomy events.
-Plan your observing session and share it with friends.
-No internet connection required.
What’s New in Version 6:
• Control your Meade telescope by tilting and panning your phone! A new tilt to slew optional feature lets you control the telescopes fine movements without ever looking away from the eyepiece!
• Updated user interface puts the most commonly used tools in a more easily accessible place.
• Improved planning tools to help you prepare for your observing session. New graphing tool shows an objects altitude above the horizon. The updated planning tool makes it easier to find the right object for you to observe by using improved filtering of the object database.
• LiveSky.com compatible! Sign up and connect to the LiveSky.com portal to see and share your observing data from a web portal powered by SkySafari! See LiveSky.com for more information.
• Optional Secure Cloud Storage by LiveSky.com to keep your observing data protected and available on multiple devices when you need it.
• Updated Star catalog using the latest UCAC5 star catalog.
• PGC catalog showing galaxies down to 18th magnitude.
- List of compatible telescopes for Meade’s Stella Wi-Fi telescope controller:
• Meade LX200 Classic
• Meade LX200 GPS/ACF, LX600
• Meade RCX, LX400
• Meade LX850
• Meade LS
• Meade ETX 60 - 125
• Meade LXD650, LXD750
• Meade LXD55, LXD75, LX85
• Meade LX65, LX80, LX90, LT
• Meade DS2000, StarNavigator
• Meade Magellan I
• Meade Magellan II
• Various telescopes from Celestron, Ioptron, SkyWatcher, Losmandy, Orion, Astro-Physics, Vixen, and more. For a full list of compatible telescopes, visit:
**Due to continuous firmware updates by individual manufacturers, we cannot guarantee compatibility with non-Meade telescopes.
To learn more about StellaAccess go to https://www.meade.com