The app consists of a trigger button and a navigation panel that shows up when the the trigger button is pressed. Both of them are able to fade off automatically when you do not need it. It can be easily placed anywhere along the four edges of device by dragging and dropping. Two locations are remembered for landscape and portrait orientations respectively.
For devices that have the traditional hardware keys, this app is used as replacement that allows you to easily access navigation controls wherever you want. For devices with soft keys in Android navigation bar, this app enables users to enjoy a full-screen display when the default Android navigation bar is hidden or disabled.
- Android 4.1.2 or above.
How to use it:
1) Download and install the app. No configuration is needed except Accessibility service needs to be enabled for the app;
2) Navigate to Settings, find Accessibility item in SYSTEM section and click it;
3) On the Accessibility setting page, click Handy Soft Keys item in SERVICES section;
4) Switch the toggle to ON to enable the service for the app;
5) Restart the device and the trigger button will show up on the middle of the right edge in the screen; it will fades off in seconds. Tap on the screen or rotate the device, it will appear again;
6) Click the trigger button, navigation buttons will show up just around your finger. You only need slicking your finger to a navigation button and release;
7) To change the location of the buttons, long press the trigger button until the device vibrates, you can drag the buttons wherever you want.
- The app does not include Menu/Option key.
How to uninstall the app:
This app can be easily uninstalled (removed) from your device completely by following steps:
1) Go to Settings;
2) Click Apps;
3) Locate Handy Soft Keys in the DOWNLOADED list and click it;
4) On the App info page, click "Uninstall" button and then select "OK", the app stops running and is removed.
virtual key, virtual button, soft button, mechanical key, hardware button, physical key, navigation bar
Ever felt that the default soft keys are too bulky? Or want to protect your Home hard button from wearing off? Then this app is just for you.
Presenting Floating Soft Keys.
This app makes use of pingpongboss's StandOut libraries to make small (and resizable) soft keys that you can drag anywhere across the screen. For devices with soft keys as default navigational controls, this app is most effective when used in combination with CyanogenMod's or ParanoidAndroid's expanded desktop mode.
The app has been tested to work properly on Nexus 4. If the app is not working on your device, let me know.
DISCLAIMER: Although the app isn't designed to harm and is safe as far as I can tell, if something happens to your phone due to this app / during the use of this app, please do not blame me. You can contact me for support and I'll try my best to help you, but my help will not include "monetary help". Use at your own risk.
- Resizable soft keys
- Adjustable spacing
- Adjustable transparency
- Movable, will stay on top of all windows (floating) thanks to pingpongboss's StandOut library
- Ability to lock (anchor) bar at a particular place
- Multiple app shortcuts in home long press action
- For Android 4.1+ added support for navbar inside the notification shade (especially useful for ParanoidAndroid Halo 2.0 users)
- Custom icon support added (For more info about custom icon themes, visit the XDA thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=43214543#post43214543)
- Back Button (Collapse soft keys on long press)
- Home Button (customizable action on long press)
- Power and Power-Long-Press (shows up if you long press home button)
- Volume control (+/-) (shows up if you long press home button)
- Menu Button (Show Recents on long press)
If you find any bugs or want to see more features, write an email to me rather than downrating the app.
You can check out the code on GitHub too: http://github.com/rhoadster91/FloatingSoftKeys
■ press the home button to return to the desktop
■ In any screen draggable to eliminate virtual keys icon
■ Click on any screen virtual keys icon, you can temporarily hide the virtual keys
■ Simply touch the screen anywhere, virtual buttons can be restored
■ Close icon to re-enter the program, press the return key to leave
Imagine a situation where you have damaged your hardware keys and unable to navigate then this App might save your day.
This is a free App with Ad. If you want Ad-Free version or want to support the development then please buy the Pro version from Play Store.
- Android 4.0 +
- Busybox should be installed
Tested Working On :
- Galaxy S3
- Galaxy Note 2
- HTC One X
Apart from the tested devices, it should be able to run on any rooted device running on Android 4.0+.
If you have any feature request, suggestions or bug report then please drop a mail to email@example.com. We will try our best to resolve any issue or add add new feature.
SoftKeys provides on screen virtual keys for some required keys for normal android functionality. It was created for devices lacking regular physical keys to provide input for the Home, Menu, Back, and Search buttons. SoftKeys can run as a home screen replacement or as an on-screen service hovering over all applications. It can also be used on devices where users may consider the physical keys fragile, such as the HTC HD2.
Designed originally for the Color Nook but also works on the Pandigital Novel, HTC HD2, etc
The soft keys bar is also know as navigation bar.
★ Hide soft keys on demand anytime, anywhere (by pressing our floating "Down Button")
★ Move "Down Button" to your favorite location
★ Remember location for portrait and landscape mode
★ Customizable size and transparency
★ Display "Down Button" only for selected apps (floating on top of your screen)
★ Auto start on boot
★ Lock "Down Button" position
★ Ongoing hiding / fullscreen function *REQUIRE ROOT*
★ Auto-fullscreen list *REQUIRE ROOT*
*** 4.3+ user with ROOT: You can now download our "Notification Helper" app to hide, force clear, and recover notifications ***
1.0.84 Xiaomi fix
1.0.83 Allow fully transparent down button
1.0.82 Fix for 4.4
* Enforce ACCESS_SUPERUSER permission
* Update Icons for higher resolutions
* Fix for edge not found problem
* Fix for Nexus 5
* Other minor bug fixes
1.0.76 Auto unlock for force-fullscreen function [Kitkat/ #screen lock: Slide or None] (require DISABLE_KEYGUARD permission)
1.0.75 (Rooted devices only feature)
* Ongoing hiding / fullscreen function (Require SET_WALLPAPER permission)
* Auto-fullscreen list
1.0.71 Bug fix
1.0.70 Notification fix (4.3+)
1.0.69 Add +1 button, please recommend it to your friends. Thank!
1.0.66 Widget bug fix
1.0.65 On / Off switch for displaying "Down Button"
Popular supported devices: Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7, Nexus 10, LG G2, Xperia, etc.
You can choose your preferred settings* for SPoB to avoid any annoying situation (like disable SPoB if in landscape mode when texting, if a specific app is executing or if the phone is in a pocket**).
SPoB also offers a useful widget that allows you to activate and deactivate the service quickly with one touch without opening the app.
Take a look at the app stats and count how many times you skipped the physical power button. You won't miss it anymore!
*Some functions are available for the full version only
**Light sensor required
Help me to translate SPoB in other languages, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for more informations.
KitKat support added!
- On Android 4.4 (KitKat) Hiding/showing stock navigation bar will trigger lock screen.
- Hide just navigation bar and keep notifications bar.
- Show Quick NavBar and click soft button with one simple swipe.
- Spoof Soft Keys - make Android think you still have soft keys and display Menu button in applications actions bar.
- Theme Quick NavBar - use any custom image for buttons.
- Adjust trigger size and position.
- Integrate with Gesture Control or Tasker using Shortcuts.
- Stock firmwares, CyanogenMod, Pac Rom and Paranoid Android supported.
- No modifications and no reboot required.
- Change trigger color and/or transparency.
- Disable trigger (and Quick NavBar) if you use other alternative.
JOIN Beta version community - https://plus.google.com/communities/115800359125266491041
Other full screen apps hide notifications bar too and has no option to hide just navigation bar. Hide Soft Keys is different - it only removes navigation bar and replaces it with Quick NavBar. You can always access stock notifications list and recent applications list.
it can be accessed at:https://github.com/fantastxmw/kbLight
Turn on or turn off the backlight of keyboard.
This is an application with only single feature ripped from AdjBrightness but with auto boot supported.
***If you installed both AdjBrightness and Keyboard backlight controller, please untick the button settings in AdjBrightness***
You can create or remove two notifications in the notification drawer that can not be cleared by system.
One is for going to the home screen.Another is recent apps switcher.
(you can create three shortcuts:ToHome,Recente apps switcher,Drop down the status bar.)
+I'm not sure it's compatible with all version of android.
2.2.2 add floating buttons(need root access)
More from developer
Now removes dots, slashes, spaces, parenthesis and underscores.
* Why Unhyphenizer? *
During an import/export of contacts from/to a vCard, the default phonebook application on some Android devices (running a native or a custom rom) adds dashes automatically according to the US phone number layout. I.e. a ten-digit number like 1231234567 is recorded as: 123-123-4567. Unhyphenizer enables user to remove unwanted dashes and to restore the plan layout in a batch process; to guarantee safety and tracking of changes, the new data will be saved on a new file called Cleaned_[filename].vcf.
*** TAG ***
clean contacts, contacts cleaner, phonebook cleaner, clean phonebook, hyphens, dashes, clean numbers, vcard cleaner, vcard, v-card, v-card cleaner, v-card eraser, vcf, remove hyphens, remove dashes, android contacts bug, android import bug, android export bug, android vcf