This Oxford University Press app-book,Oxford Handbook of Clinical Surgery, Fourth Edition, is developed by MedHand Mobile Libraries. Improve your performance with relevant, valid material which is accessed quickly and with minimal effort in the palm of your hand using MedHand’s patented technology.
THIS APP BOOK for Oxford Handbook of Clinical Surgeryincludes unique functions such as:
• A powerful search
• Complete set of medical calculators; Body Mass Index, Peak Expiratory Flows, Dehydration Correction Calculator and more
• High resolution pictures
• Notes and picture notes
About this title
• Covers the key topics and presentations in clinical surgery that junior doctors and medical students need to know
• Clearly identifies emergency presentations for rapid reference
• Sets out investigations and management plans in a clear and easy to follow way
• Provides a step-by-step guide to common operative surgical techniques with practical hints and procedures
New to this edition
• Includes brand new chapters on Paediatric Orthopaedics and Surgical Procedures
• Features new anatomy revision boxes and illustrations throughout with an index for quick reference
This bestselling Oxford Handbook has been thoroughly revised for the new edition to include brand new chapters on Paediatric Orthopaedics and Common Surgical Procedures, as well as new presentations, illustrations, and new anatomy and emergency indexes to aid quick reference. It is an invaluable tool for junior surgical trainees, medical students, nursing, paramedical, and rehabilitation staff.
The handbook covers the assessment and preparation of the patient, anaesthesia and critical care, inflammation, wound healing and infection, and the key components of general surgical practice, as well as chapters on other surgical specialties, including plastic, paediatric, and orthopaedic surgery. There are step-by-step descriptions of common operative surgical techniques, practical hints and procedures, and information on signs, symptoms and rarities. Emergency presentations are clearly identified for rapid reference and investigations and management plans are set out in a clear and easy-to-follow way. Surgically relevant anatomy and physiology has been expanded for each area, quick reference symbols ensure the reader is guided to key facts, and there is an increased focus on evidence-based practice with key references throughout.
A cut above the rest, this is the essential guide to clinical surgery and the surgical specialities.
Readership: Medical students, junior doctors, junior surgical trainees, nursing, paramedical and rehabilitation staff.
Authors: Greg McLatchie, Neil Borley and Joanna Chikwe
MedHand Mobile Libraries offers a SUBSCRIPTION FREE application without edition upgrade. The apps enables you to make notes, picture notes, search, add bookmarks and review what you previously been reading. The app also contains a set of medical calculators.
MedHand delivers what you need, trusted knowledge at the point of care! Offering most trusted and well recognized medical guidelines provided by excellent publishers like Oxford University Press, McGraw-Hill, PDR Network LLC, Wiley and more.