This Wiley app-book,The Maudsley Prescribing Guidelines in Psychiatry, 13th Edition, improves your performance with relevant, valid material that you can access quickly and with minimum effort in the palm of your hand using Indextra’spatented technology.
• A powerful search
• Bookmarks, History and Highlighting
• Complete set of medical calculators: Body Mass Index, Peak Expiratory Flows, Dehydration Correction Calculator, and more
• Notes and picture-notes
About this title:
The revised 13th edition of the essential reference for the prescribing of drugs for patients with mental health disorders
The revised and updated 13th edition of The Maudsley Prescribing Guidelines in Psychiatry provides up-to-date information and expert guidance on prescribing practice in mental health, including drug choice, treatment of adverse effects and how to augment or switch medications. The text covers a wide range of topics, including pharmacological interventions for schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, depression and anxiety, and many other less common conditions. It also contains advice on substance misuse and on prescribing for children, adolescents, and special patient groups.
Written in concise terms by an expert team of psychiatrists and specialist pharmacists, this world-renowned guide will help with complex prescribing problems and includes information on prescribing psychotropic medications outside their licensed indications, as well as potential interactions with other medications and substances such as alcohol, tobacco and caffeine. In addition, each of the book’s 165 sections features a full reference list so that evidence on which guidance is based can be readily accessed. This important text:
• Is the world’s leading clinical resource for evidence-based prescribing in day-to-day clinical practice and for formulating prescribing policy
• Includes referenced information on topics such as transferring from one medication to another, prescribing psychotropic medications during pregnancy or breastfeeding, and treating patients with comorbid physical conditions, including impaired renal or hepatic function.
• Presents guidance on complex clinical problems that may not be encountered routinely
The Maudsley Prescribing Guidelines in Psychiatry is aimed at psychiatrists, neuropharmacologists, pharmacists and clinical psychologists, as well as nurses and medical trainees, and is the established reference source for ensuring the safe and effective use of medications for patients presenting with mental health problems.
Authors: David Taylor, Thomas R E Barnes, and Allen H Young
A SUBSCRIPTION-FREE application without edition upgrade. Offering most-trusted and well recognized medical guidelines provided by excellent publishers such asWiley, Oxford University Press, McGraw-Hill, Pharmaceutical Press, Elsevier and more.