Guide to Diagnostic Tests - The essential guide to more than 450 of the most commonly performed diagnostic tests – updated with the latest molecular, genetic, and microbiological tests - A Doody's Core Title for 2017!
Download the FREE app and view selected topics
- Approximately 10% of the content is viewable in the free app and tapping on the locked topic will launch the in-app purchase screen.
Guide to Diagnostic Tests, Seventh Edition is a concise guide to the selection and interpretation of more than 450 of the laboratory and microbiology tests most relevant to the general practice of medicine. This on-the-spot clinical companion also includes coverage of diagnostic imaging, electrocardiology, echocardiography, and the use of tests in differential diagnosis.
- Covers areas of internal medicine, pediatrics, surgery, neurology, and obstetrics and gynecology
- Over 25 new or substantially revised laboratory tests
- New and updated coverage of emerging and re-emerging pathogens and infectious agents, including the Zika and Ebola viruses
- Updated material on molecular and genetic tests, including pharmacogenetics tests
- An entire section of diagnostic algorithms
- Full literature citations with PubMed identification (PMID) numbers included for each reference
- Details costs and risks of various procedures and tests
- Full section on electrocardiography and echocardiography
If you’ve been looking for an authoritative, up-to-date, and easy-to-carry guide to the latest diagnostic testing procedures, your search ends here.
Based on: 7th Edition
Editor: Diana Nicoll; Chuanyi Mark Lu; Stephen j. Mcphee;
Author: Diana Nicoll; Chuanyi Mark Lu; Stephen j. Mcphee;
Publisher: The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
Locate a disease, symptom or medication in the fastest possible manner:
- Tap and Hold launch icon to open Last Topic, History, Favorites ..
- Navigate using multiple indices
- History to open frequently visited pages
NEVER FORGET ANYTHING:
Mark topics with relevant information:
- Voice memos
- Annotations with scribble, doodle or text
You choose the method to note this regardless of the context you are in to ensure that the important facts are available whenever you access the topic, whether it is tomorrow or six months from now.