Concise and clearly organized, Family Practice Guidelines, 5th Edition, features detailed, step-by-step instructions for physical examinations and diagnostic testing in the outpatient setting, information on health promotion, care guidelines, dietary information, information on culturally responsive care, patient resources, and abundant patient-education handouts. Now in color with abundant images and illustrations, this fifth edition features thoroughly updated guidelines and recommendations to reflect latest in practice, as well as many new guidelines. Each of the diagnoses includes definition, incidence, pathogenesis, predisposing factors, common complaints, signs/symptoms, subjective data, physical exam and diagnostic tests, differential diagnosis, and a care plan.
- Presents information for disorders in consistent format for ease of use
- Highlights key considerations with Practice Pointers
- Provides individual care points for pediatric, pregnant, and geriatric patients
- Includes 138 printable Patient Teaching Guides
Offers 18 procedure guidelines and routine health maintenance guidelines
- Features appendices that provide guidelines on normal lab values, special diets, Tanner’s Sexual Maturity Stages, and teeth