Manual of Laboratory and Diagnostic Tests is proven and organized in the way a nurse thinks - by describing an extensive array of tests for diverse populations, providing step-by-step guidance on correct procedure, tips for accurate interpretation, and expert information on patient preparation and aftercare. Download the FREE app and view selected topics (Approximately 10% of the content is viewable in the free app and tapping on the locked topic will launch the in-app purchase screen).
Author: Frances Talaska Fischbach, RN, BSN, MSN and Marshall Barnett Dunning III, BS, MS, PhD
Publisher: Wolters Kluwer Health | Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
The ideal reference and point-of-care guide for educational and practice settings in diagnostic tests and procedures. This latest update is based on the 9th edition with additional features, enhanced functionality and ongoing updates.
Manual of Laboratory and Diagnostic Tests, is proven and organized in the way a nurse thinks—by describing an extensive array of tests for diverse populations, providing step-by-step guidance on correct procedure, tips for accurate interpretation, and expert information on patient preparation and aftercare.
- Newly added! abbreviations and units of measurement for quick reference
- Helps in preparing students to deliver safe, effective, and informed care for patients who are undergoing diagnostic tests and procedures
- Updated resource on the market, featuring additional tests; new references; coverage of the latest advances in CAT scans, nuclear scans, and genetics; and reference values
- Tests are grouped according to specimen, function, and test type (blood, urine, stool, cerebrospinal fluid, etc.)
- Updated sections on Avian bird flu, SARS, Fetal predictive tests of abnormal development and fetal death, Monkey pox virus, Fetal alcohol syndrome, Carotid intima media thickness, lipoprotein particle profile, and ischemic modified albumin, Quarantine vs. isolation to prevent spread of disease, Transdermal testing and many more!
- Approved FDA home testing for drug abuse, HIV saliva and blood testing
- Updated information on tests for diabetes, cholesterol, renal failure, nuclear scans (eg, ProstaScint imaging and PET scans), biopsies (eg, MRI-guided breast, rectal biopsies to detect prostate cancer and site of origin of lower abdominal and retroperitoneal cancers), plus additional information on results of breast biopsies, genetic testing, and Pap tests
- Special Clinical Alerts and Procedural Alerts appear frequently throughout to signal special cautions
- Increases students' understanding of what they need to keep in mind when implementing tests with "Clinical Alerts" that highlight critical safety information
- Enhances students' visual understanding with the easy-to-follow full color design
Helps students find the test they're looking for quickly, even without knowing its exact name
- Increases student's mastery of key information with helpful tips, inclusion of both conventional and SI units, and coverage of clinical implications for increased and decreased values
Locate a disease, symptom or medication in the fastest possible manner:
- Tap and Hold launch icon to open Last Topic, History, Favorites ..
- Navigate using multiple indices
- History to open frequently visited pages
NEVER FORGET ANYTHING:
Mark topics with relevant information:
- Voice /notes
- Annotations with scribble, doodle or text
You choose the method to note this regardless of the context you are in to ensure that the important facts are available whenever you access the topic, whether it is tomorrow or six months from now.