Essential reading for residents and medical students, this popular handbook is a must-have resource for convenient, quick access to information on managing common surgical problems. The Mont Reid Surgical Handbook - written by current surgery residents at the University of Cincinnati, the completely updated 7th Edition focuses on the surgical treatments, guidelines, procedures, and topics you need to know.
- Sections on Surgical Education - including a practical discussion of the ACGME Core Competencies - Surgical
- Intensive Care, and Future of Surgery to provide details of the latest trends in surgical education so you can maximize your time in surgical rotations.
- Provides the most up-to-date information from current residents at the University of Cincinnati, in an accessible format organized by specialty area.
Provides comprehensive guidelines for the treatment of the most common surgical conditions, including preoperative and postoperative care, as well as relevant pathophysiology.
- Includes surgical management that encompasses state-of-the-art technology and emphasizes minimally invasive techniques, including important coverage of laparoscopic cholecystectomy, appendectomy, and herniorrhaphy.
- Provides guidelines for proper medical record keeping as well as other medico legal aspects of surgical care. Offers detailed figures depicting important anatomical structures and operative techniques.
- New to this Edition
- New chapters cover Surgical Risk Assessment, Head and Neck Malignancy, Mediastinal Tumors, Dialysis Access, and Robotics.
- Rapid References section offers handy formulas and charts in one easy-access location.
- Thoroughly revised content throughout ensures that you stay up to date.
Mobile format allows you to search all of the text, figures, Q&As, and reference.