Bird Watcher’s Digest (BWD) has a proud history as the magazine for bird watchers who love to read and for readers who love to watch birds. Now your favorite content is more interactive, more portable, and “greener” than ever!
As a special promotion, for a limited time, you can download the BWD app FREE!
In each issue of Bird Watcher’s Digest, you’ll find:
- An in-depth profile of a North American bird species
- Tips on solving confusing identification challenges
- Candid and insightful columns from professional birders and naturalists
- Advice on attracting more birds to your backyard
- Travel accounts birding festival reports, and info about birding hotspots in North America and beyond
- Answers to readers’ bird-watching and backyard questions
- Bird behavior, feeding, nesting, optics, photography, and much more!
- Gorgeous reproduction of the magazine’s pages, including brilliant photographs and layouts just like the magazine you love!
- Digital-only features including bird video clips and sound recordings playable right in the app!
- Text-formatted articles optimized for mobile readability.
- Bookmark your favorite articles.
- Share comments and articles with fellow bird enthusiasts.
- Search an archive of recent issues. The app includes issues dating back to September/October 2011.
- Regular updates from the BWD “home nest,” via our in-app “Birder Feeder” RSS feed including selected blog posts, podcasts, travel articles, festival announcements, prize drawings, and exclusive offers.
- The BWD app is FREE for a limited time—download today!
This application is powered by GTxcel, a leader in digital publishing technology, provider of hundreds of online digital publications. Check the App Store for more apps from your favorite magazines!
Via deze app leest u Vogels+, het magazine voor vogelaars. Via Vogels+ proberen we te inspireren, uw vogelpassie handen en voeten te geven. Bij veel artikelen vindt u mogelijkheden om méér te doen. Vogels+ wordt uitgegeven door Vogelbescherming Nederland en verschijnt 4x per jaar. U ontvangt elke nieuwe editie gratis via onze app.
Vogelbescherming Nederland komt op voor in het wild levende vogels en hun leefgebieden. In Nederland en wereldwijd, via BirdLife International. Dat doen we samen met mensen die bescherming van vogels en natuur belangrijk vinden. Zo dragen wij bij aan het behoud van de natuur en aan een leefbare wereld. Leden van Vogelbescherming ontvangen vijf maal per jaar het ledenblad Vogels. Naast Vogels geven we voor vogelaars Vogels+ uit. Voor kinderen van 8 tot 12 is er Vogels Junior. Meer over Vogelbescherming, ons werk en onze uitgaven via www.vogelbescherming.nl.
Theme your Android phone or tablet with this collection of 40+ restored images from plates I - XV of Audubon's Birds of America.
John James Audubon determined to paint every bird in North America. In the 1820's he began this goal by securing financial backing, and from 1827 to 1838 published the prints in sets of five.
This live wallpaper gallery contains images from plates I-XV representing the first three sets issued. The various image sets all begin with the original full Audubon plate.
In addition to the birds, Audubon often depicted North American flora and fauna, often representing a wide variety of regional reptiles in the plates.
You can browse the settings page that gives the full historical title of the plate, and often gives the name of the plants, reptiles and insects also present in the image.
The original plates were produced on an ivory paper, that in many cases has darkened significantly over time. With these restored images, you can apply a number of tints to theme your display with your favorite color scheme. The tinting effect works best with lighter tints, but a reverse tinting effect is present that works best with darker tints.
Plates I-XV include depictions of the following birds:
1. Wild Turkey
2. Yellow-billed Cuckoo
3. Prothonotary Warbler
4. Purple Finch
5. Bonaparte's Flycatcher
6. Wild Turkey
7. Purple Grakle or Common Crow Blackbird
8. White throated Sparrow
9. Selby's Flycatcher
10. Brown Titlark
11. Bird of Washington
12. Baltimore Oriole
13. Snow Bird
14. Prairie Warbler
15. Blue Yellow-backed Warbler
Additional features of the live wallpaper:
- Explore images as you change your Android screens left and right
- Manually change images with an up/down gesture
- Timer settings to change images automatically (every 30 minutes, every day, etc.)
- Individually adjust the display (brightness, contrast, saturation) of each image
- Enable/disable individual images for display
- Apply tints to individual or all images to further customize your display
- Apply reverse tint and screen effect individually or to all images
Ontvang persoonlijke verzorgingstips wanneer jouw plant het nodig heeft.
- Lees nieuws en inspiratie over groeien en bloeien.
- Bekijk filmpjes met uitleg over plantverzorging en gazon onderhoud.
- Ontdek de juiste voeding voor jouw planten.
- Vind snel en gemakkelijk alle Pokon verkoopadressen.
We zijn altijd bezig om de Pokon Plantverzorging app uit te breiden en te verbeteren.
Lorane from Westlake, California
“I can feel the shift after listening to your affirmations. I can feel a difference in me. Thank you.”
Craig from Sarasota, Florida
CAUTION – Positive Manifestations Ahead!
Let Michele guide you into the realization that YOU control your own destiny. These affirmations opened the pathway for Michele to manifest her book, Peace in the Present Moment, Eckhart Tolle and Byron Katie. Eckhart Tolle himself said it was “miraculous.” Michele wants to share with you the affirmations that helped her to transition from a 14 year verbally abusive relationship, and her life being threatened, to manifesting a life of her dreams. You can change your life too.
When you express the words I AM you command them into existence, into manifestation. You should always be aware of what comes after the statement – I AM. It is VERY powerful. It is the secret to empowerment, joy, happiness, success and much more. I AM statements are a way to get to a better state of being. It focuses your thoughts on who you REALLY are.
Affirmations are positive statements, repeated over and over again, about your goals and desires, said with emotion. By using the Universal Law of Attraction, Michele’s affirmations will help you attract more of the good things into your life. The thoughts you think become your reality.
Follow these 5 simple steps to success:
1. Be Present – Be here now.
2. Feel - When listening and repeating these affirmations, FEEL the words, don’t just say them - your emotions play a huge part in the process. FEEL what it is like to already have what you desire.
3. Visualize - With visualization, you establish a clear mental image of what you want to happen; a process similar to daydreaming. The image is not of something that WILL happen, but rather it is a picture of it already done. As you say each affirmation, visualize it. Daydream on purpose!
4. Repetition - Repetition imprints the affirmation into your subconscious mind. Science has revealed to us that the subconscious mind and our bodies cannot tell the difference between the real or the imagined. Your subconscious mind believes your thoughts.
5. Faith - You must believe that your statements are finding their way into your subconscious mind and that you are indeed planting seeds.
1. Within this app you will be able to control the volume for Michele’s voice and the background (waterfall and singing birds) separately.
2. You will also be able to pause, skip ahead, go back, see the length of the recording and the time left in the recording.
3. You will be guided through the process by Michele. As she sits in her garden, listen to her soothing voice with a subtle background of her waterfall and singing birds.
4. Experience affirmations at your fingertips.
The response to these affirmation apps has been overwhelming. People have reported to have found more peace, joy, hope, gratitude and success. They achieve a more positive self-image, personal happiness, an ability to forgive and better health.
“I LOVE this affirmations app. It taught me to stop thinking the negative thoughts I didn’t even realize I had been thinking and think more positively . . . and then my life improved significantly. Simple, yet powerful! I can’t wait for more of your apps.”
Dan from Mendham, New Jersey
“You have so very generously given me the Key that has opened a vast source of knowledge. I’M GRATEFUL!!!” Darlene from Genesee, Michigan
Download this app now to start your transformation!
Please visit me and leave comments at:
View the video to learn more:
More affirmation apps to come – keep checking!
A simple, yet very elegant app to unobtrusively note various species. A simple and powerful search function to make entries in a jiffy.
- Record your sightings.
- Lists and sightings saved on device as well as on the cloud.
- Create / Delete Lists.
- Organize your sightings into various lists.
- Contains checklists of India, Great Britain, North America, Indonesia and the entire world.
Developed by a birder and his 3 friends, because he won't stop nagging us..
** Thanks to the bird enthusiasts of Bangalore for using our app and also for the great feedback **
We would like to hear from you. If there is a feature that you would like us to add to this app, please free to add that under this link : https://trello.com/b/c1th0DVd/birdr
You can report any issues here - https://trello.com/b/c1th0DVd/birdr
- Defect fixes.
- Added Bangalore checklist
- Usability improvements
- One of the developers claim that he has a Swiss Bank a/c...
- Fed the minions some bananas and got some defects fixed
- Happy New Year!!! :)
- Allow a sighting to be marked as 'heard only'
- Checklist updated with new names and taxonomic classification
- Allow manual sync of lists
- Bug fixes
- Fixed Twitter login
- Fixed Facebook login crash
- Fixed the issue of wallpaper not being displayed on some handsets
- A change in application exit behavior from the login screen
- Fixed logout behavior
Start keeping a record of bird observations around you now with a free account.
Enter bird & wildlife* observations, photos**, habitat and more with customisable data entry. Bird Journal's growing library contains hundreds of checklists and taxonomies, with over 100,000 species and subspecies worldwide*.
EXPLORE YOUR RECORDS
Enjoy looking back through your data with beautiful entry reports, species lists, graphs*, maps* & photos. Search instantly by date, species, location & more*.
SHARE YOUR RECORDS
Export or print records and species lists for use anywhere**. eBird and BirdTrack systems are fully supported, so you can do your bit for science and conservation**.
Access and enter your records on any supported device or computer. Data is stored on each device, meaning you always have access even when on the move, in the field or abroad.
Never lose your data. Everything added to Bird Journal is safely and securely stored in Bird Journal's cloud. If you lose your device or your computer malfunctions, simply sign back in to your account to carry on from where you left off.
BRING YOUR DATA
Get started quickly by importing existing records from any other system or app**. eBird, BirdTrack & Wildlife Recorder records can be imported directly.
* Requires an upgrade to a Bird Journal Premium account.
** Requires the free desktop version of Bird Journal.