This application can automatically close/dismiss the USSD popup dialogs and turn them into standard notification messages.
Both, network and user initiated USSD messages are dismissed and saved. Messages are dismissed, not blocked. You can get back to your balance, data usage and other important alert messages later or have the latest ussd message displayed on your homescreen as a widget.
If you find even the notifications too disturbing, you can uncheck the Show notifications in App info system menu.
** Xposed framework is required http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1574401 **
Ussd Inbox will block the annoying USSD balance update popups that come up on your phone, each time you make a call or change data connectivity. This app is like a silent inbox for all your USSD popup messages.
Two main reasons to use this app:
- No usage popups especially when you don't have the time to read them, e.g after ending a call or unlocking your phone.
- USSD messages are lost once you dismiss them. So, if you are on a prepaid connection and want to know when and how you lost your balance, you can get it from your history of usage update messages in this app.
- If you are rooted, install Xposed framework from here http://dl.xposed.info/latest.apk and reboot your device.
- After installing the app, enable the Ussd Inbox Xposed module and reboot
XDA support thread:
How it works
When you click on a web link or scan a QR code, Android will open a dialog with a list of apps that you can choose from to complete the action. Select ‘Avira USSD Exploit Blocker’ and set it as the default.
Protecting your phone from the USSD Android exploit is that simple!
What is a USSD code anyway?
USSD codes are keypad commands that can be used to access a variety of phone functions, from checking minutes to accessing expert controls. USSD commands typically contain a mixture of numbers, stars and pound signs.
Android Market update notification not working properly for you? No problem! App Update Notifier is the solution.
App Update Notifier not only checks apps that you installed through the Android Market, but ALL your installed apps, even those from third party markets...
Also features an optional background service which notifies you automatically if new updates for your installed apps become available.
!!! NOTES !!!
Please note that App Update Notifier will (of course!) send a list of your installed apps to the server to check for the online version infos!
Android devices allow apps to register for certain URL types. The "tel:" URL type for example enables the user to initiate a call right out of the browser.
The G Data USSD Filter registers for this specific URL type and checks URLs of this type for USSD codes.
When starting the app for the first time you have to activate the filter manually. Just click on a "tel:" URL, or alternatively use the test URL we provide on the app's main screen. Then select the G Data USSD Filter as a default app for these types of URLs.
The USSD filter will capture all "tel:" URLs on your device in the future and check for USSD codes.
If a USSD code is found, the app shows a blocking page and prevents the execution of the code.
If the URL processed contains just an ordinary phone number, the app lets you call the number by tapping the "initiate call" button.
May the USSD code be executed anyway?
If you need to execute the USSD code, tap the "copy" button on the block page and paste the number into you telephone-app's dial pad. Be aware though that USSD codes have a variety of uses up to a factory reset of your phone. Only execute such a code, if you know what you are doing.
Does this app delete or damage other apps?
No, the app installs itself as a filter. No data is altered or deleted in any way. The G Data USSD Filter simply prevents USSD codes from being executed via an URL.
Why does this app need telephony permissions?
if the phone URL is clean, you should be able to call it. We need to register for this permission to let you do that.
Does the app work for QR-Codes and NFC Transmissions?
Yes, the filter checks URls contained in QR-Codes or transmitted via NFC for USSD codes.
Tags: USSD, URL, Security
It a kind of its own. A one and only application available for USSD Codes Collection of India. It includes all the USSD codes for Balance Check, 2G Internet Balance, 3G Internet Balance, Recharge, Know Your Number, Do Not Disturb Service, SMS Packs, Net Packs, Special Packs, Customer Care Number, Activate Internet, Deactivate Internet, Activate or Deactivate any Service, Caller Tunes, Free Internet, Free Minutes, Full Talk Time, Mobile Internet, Balance Transfer, Night Plan, Local SMS, National SMS, ISD Packs, Rate Cutter, Last Call Charges, Service Menu, Daily Weekly Plans, Complaint Number, Direct Customer Care Call, GPRS Settings, Caller Tones, Voucher Recharge, VAS Balance, Miss Call Alert, E-Recharge, Tariff Plans, STD plans, Landline plans.
Including USSD Commands for India's Most Popular Mobile Network Operators:-
* Loop Mobile
* Virgin Mobile
Tags: Mobile USSD Codes, Mobile Secret Codes, Mobile Hidden Codes and Tricks.
Checks and shows numbers before dialing.
USSDs can still be manually dialed after the first block!
No permissions required.
This app is open source: http://code.google.com/p/ussd-stop/
What is USSD? Read on wikipedia here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unstructured_Supplementary_Service_Data
Want to know what the curious “Manual updates”,“Update (manual)” and worrying “Permissions changed” messages in Android Market mean? e.g...
Permission has changed for 6 of 13 apps with updates available.
Press OK to update 7 apps with no permissions changes.
Please open remaining apps from the list to approve new permission and start update.
This app shows you what's changed!
- On starting "Update My Apps", you'll see a list of all your installed apps.
- Simply click one to see the differences between your current (on-device) version and the latest Market version (coloured light-red for "added", light-green "removed" & grey "unchanged" permissions).
- Clicking a permission will show you the official Android explanation.
It also shows you the apps’ own description of the changes, the version number you have installed the one you’ll get from the Market if you update along with a button to take you to the Market.
This app is not a replacement for Android Market(tm) -- it is a helper to make updating your applications easier.
This is an initial beta version. We've got some great updates planned already and are actively seeking feedback. For planned features (such as showing only update-pending apps with an "Update now" link) and to suggest others, please see the app's webpage http://goo.gl/4YWqU (link below).
Please support development with feedback -- positive reviews and comments in our forum: https://groups.google.com/group/ugs-support ( http://goo.gl/I88VO )
This app's permissions explanation:
- Query Google's Android Market for you with Google account: GET_ACCOUNTS & USE_CREDENTIALS
- Connect to Market and get adverts: INTERNET
- Detect offline/airplane mode: ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE
- User can choose whether to send crash reports including 200 lines of system logs: READ_LOGS
Like many, this app uses anonymous usage tracking and optional crash reporting. For full details, please see the developer's website (link below or http://goo.gl/W4KbF ).
Protect yourself from data loss through remote wipe or other harmful actions of USSD hacks.
In order to protect your device from remote wipe and other USSD attacks, make sure that ESET USSD Control is set as the default dialer:
1. Install ESET USSD Control on your device.
2. Use your Android phone to visit our test page: http://www.eset.com/tools/ussdtest (note that this only contains a checker and will not make changes to your phone).
3. When prompted to complete action, check "Always perform this action" and select ESET USSD Control.
For step by step installation please follow our Knowledge Base http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN3139
Please note that once installed, the app runs invisible in the background, with no icon on the home screen. ESET USSD Control only interacts with the user when an attempt to run a harmful USSD code is detected. To make sure the app is installed correctly, go to Android Settings > Applications and look for ESET USSD Control.
What is USSD?
The purpose of USSD codes is that telecom operators can provide distance support for phone devices. An example of such code is one that displays IMEI number (*#06#), but there are also USSD commands that can wipe all data and restore a phone to factory settings.
How can USSD attack be launched?
Protection against USSD (Unstructured Supplementary Service Data) attacks is an essential security layer for Android devices, since these attacks can be easily initiated by all means that lead to visiting a website containing malicious USSD command such as SMS, QR code, or simply by tapping a fraudulent link in the browser.
How does ESET USSD Control protect you?
By checking for malicious codes before they are executed, ESET USSD Control makes sure that all data on your Android phone stay safe. The app displays a warning window each time a malicious USSD code is found, blocking the execution of the potentially harmful command.
To create shortcuts follow the steps below (screenshots are provided).
1. Add the widget to the home screen. This is done by long pressing on the home screen, selecting 'Widget' from the menu provided and selecting 'USSD Dialer' from the list of widgets.
2. Enter the 'USSD Code' on the configuration screen. You can also enter a 'Friendly Name'. If 'Friendly Name' is provided, it shows up on the home screen, otherwise the USSD code is shown by default.
3. Click 'Save' to place the configured widget on the home screen.
Clicking 'Cancel' at anytime on the configuration screen does not add the widget to the home screen.
Create multiple instances of the widget on the home screen one for each USSD code.
Note : The widget supports USSD codes in the format prescribed by Mobile Application Part 1. If USSD codes for your service provider are not supported, please provide feedback.
This update is necessary to enable a future upgrade of your device to Android 5.0, Lollipop. It updates the installer on:
Moto G (1st Gen.)
All users with these devices should accept this update.
Please see Motorola’s software upgrade page to check on the latest for your device.
The rights of root are necessary for the program for processing of USSD answers to Android 4.2.2 above. At their existence use the USSD Mode 5.
In of Pro - version additional:
- Opportunity for each sim card to appoint some USSD requests and for each inquiry to appoint some indicators for parsing of various groups of figures in the answer.
- Processing of answers from SMS
- Various widgets (1x1, 2x1, 3x1, 4x1) are available, for each widget on a desktop it is possible to set the settings (transparency, a font size, an icon, etc.)
- Possibility of viewing, editing, removal, unloading in the file of the magazine of the program for the chosen period, viewing of the detailed and grouped statistics
- Chart of balance and diagram of expenses.
-Possibility of an archiving and restoration of base and settings is added
For each sim card it is necessary to appoint the USSD request code, to specify number of numerical group for answer processing. (Let's say the answer to the USSD request looks like: "Balans:43,88 dollars. You look animated films: * 728*1# (11,86 dollars/month)". Here 4 numerical groups: 43,88; 728; 1; 11,86 . Us the first interests. )
It is possible to adjust the schedule of a parcel of USSD requests:
After incoming and outgoing calls and SMS, after the end of Internet connection, at the appointed time.
It is possible to establish a indication of a negative number (Negative Prefix). Let's say the answer to the USSD request looks like: "Debt of 2.80 dollars. " If to establish value of Negative Prefix equal "Debt", the program will understand that it is necessary to replace "Debt" in the answer with a minus. By default a sign of a negative number - a symbol "-".
The program needs to be installed in the main memory of the smartphone.
For work of the program it is necessary to remove or freeze other programs working with USSD requests (USSD checker, etc.). After installation single reset is required.
The program was tested on the MTK(6516, 6575, 6577, 6589 platforms), also works at some smartphones on Qualcomm and Samsung Duos.
The USSD Mode 0 is suitable for the majority of phones except MTK 6573 and Samsung Duos.The USSD Mode 1 is suitable for the majority of phones on MTK 6573.
The USSD Mode 2 mode has to work at Samsung Duos except S7562. On Samsung S7562 choose the Mode 0 mode. On HTC Desire SV and HTC Desire V use Mode 3.
USSD Mode 4 - a mode of a "silent" USSD request for smartphones on MTK (root can be demanded).
USSD Mode 5 (the rights of root are necessary) - a mode of a "silent" USSD request, is suitable for all smartphones. The mode is compatible to Android 4.2.2.
If when using Mode 5 after reboot the network isn't restored, try to change a submode. On the Chinese DualSim on Qualcomm (ZTE 880, Huawei 8825, etc.) and Samsung S7562 try to change the "Mode of queries" control. If in Mode 5 there is no balance updating (on one or both sim cards), try to increase a "Wite after boot" and change a submode. After submode and Wite after boot change it is necessary to reboot the smartphone (not fast reboot ).
Before removal of USSDDualWidget don't forget to remove a daw in Settings of phone - Security - Select device administrators.
1. Find out which app pushed annoying statusbar advertisement, and uninstall it.
2. Collect messages sent by apps and read them later
3. Backup and share notifications
* Collect notifications on status bar and group by apps
* Clear notifications
* Uninstall apps sending annoying notifications directly
* Ignore notification from specific apps
Upgrade to PRO version for more features:
* Desktop widget to show the latest notifications (on android 3.0+)
* Import notifications from free version
* Save notifications
* USSD messages recording
* Auto hide USSD alert/dialog. It can be configured on settings as well
* Support copy notification to clipboard.
* Display installation source of apps (System app, Google play, amazon and unkown installer). It can be disabled on settings.
* Support not recording toast option
* To start collecting notifications, go to system Settings->Accessibility, then enable accessibility and Notifications History service
* To stop the collecting, just disable accessibility and Notifications History service
* To ignore notifications from one app, long clik the app and select Ignore on the popped menu
Usage on Android 5.0:
* To start recording toasts, go to system Settings->Accessibility, then enable accessibility and Notifications History service
* To start recording notifications, go to system Notification Access settings and check Notification History
* To stop the record, just uncheck these settings.
Internet Access - It's used for show banner ads within the app. Upgrade to PRO version to remove the permission requirement.
Run at startup - used for auto purge outdated or outnumbered notifications to reduce memory usage
Here are a few reasons why you should install it:
1) The app is recommended by TechRepublic as a must-have security app.
2) The app has been trusted by users from 163 countries/districts across the world.
3) Generic security apps (e.g., Lookout, Avast!, Norton, etc.) cannot be easily tuned to detect Pileup threats.
For more information, please visit our official website SecureAndroidUpdate.org.
Dial/call function from the application will be directed to available phone dialer.
Certain Android devices are currently vulnerable to a USSD attack.
Made in Indonesia.
Using this application anyone can easily save their required USSD, based on the operator and make a call easily .User have the full freedom to Add /Edit USSD according to their provider .Default USSD code provided depending upon provider. If any USSD code is not working please go to the Add/Edit screen and based on the region configure the USSD.
Please before putting any bad comment send me a mail. I will try customize the changes based on your need. Few people put bad comment without any explanation which discourage developer effort.