Not only will you be building a complete and rich memorial to your 'loved one' but you'll be creating a connected common interest remembrance community right on your phone, ensuring family, friends and colleagues to stay in touch.
The app use GPS technology to create memorial location. Everyone who has lost someone has a place of remembrance, a special place where you might have spend time together, such as a beach, a family home, or a place where they were laid to rest such as a battlefield or a grave.
The app records that specific place as a 'remembrance GPS location' by either finding the spot on a map and dropping a pin on the location or simply being at the location with the app open and pressing the record GPS button. It could be anywhere in the world.
Either way, once the 'remembrance location' is recorded, the memorial is linked to that GPS location. The app shows a map of nearby 'remembrance locations' with a cluster of memorial markers, clicking any individual memorial marker on the map, opens up the persons complete life story in pictures, videos and stories.
The 'remembrance location' might be a conflict zone such as Normandy, France in WW2 or Ypres in Belgium where many brave WW1 soldiers fell on both sides. At last others, now and in the future, will be able to see clusters of life stories and memorials to fallen heroes in the exact location they fought together and died together.
Away from conflict, the 'remembrance location' you choose might be where a family is well known, where it originated or where other family members are located on the app, thus creating a family cluster. Alternatively it could simply be a favourite place you spent time together with happy memories.
The 'remembrance location’ is of particular interest to those who have loved ones' who have been cremated and there is no grave or the grave is too far away.
• 100% Free and NO in App purchases, 100% functionality.
• Harnesses the power of positive sharing to enable #griefresolution
• Easy upload of stories, video, images and audio onto a #Memorial.
• Quick edit mode, update a Memorial at anytime
• Invite contributors to share and add content to a Memorial.
• Record a Special Memorial Location via #GPS
• Establish a #RemembranceCommunity from networks and contacts.
• View #Memorials created and shared by others.
• Create as many Memorials as required - no limitations
By downloading the app or sending, sharing, reposting this message you can #helpsomeone and its 100% free. Please spread the word on social media or as you can.
Take your time creating a memorial to that special person. Don't forget you can edit and update at anytime.
A free proximity-based social network connecting & supporting people grieving or who have grieved with the objective of creating a global community of Grief Angels that can be there for each other during one of live's most difficult time.
Subscribers to the app are known as "Grief Angels" that know that the people they may be helping now or in the future may be themselves, their families or friends.
The app was developed by the team of volunteers and supporters from the non-profit www.MyGriefAngels.org. A development team who have all grieved themselves,and included features on this app that they searched for, but could not find.
Grief is different for each of us, so the app aimed at including what our development team of volunteers saw as the most commonly used resources and needs; including:
1. Proximity-based Feature - Enables you, if you wish, to see and connect with other "Grief Angels" Grieving, or who have grieved near you.
2. Grief Chat Feature - To Chat with other "Grief Angels" grieving or who have grieved near you.
3. Grief Wall - To posts messages to other "Grief Angels" near or far.
4. Grief Meetup - An opportunity to join the group's Grief Meetup and organize your own local grief meetup event. Whether a Coffee/Tea or walking or biking event, what best fit you.
5. Calm Sounds - If you need them, a selection of Calming sounds to help you in your journey.
6. Grief Health - A list and links to some of the latest research, studies and news on the impact Grief can have on our health.
7. Grief Attacks - A section of shared grief coping stories, and strategies on how some of us are or have coped with our own Grief Attacks.
8. Directory - A Directory of Grief Support Resources and Organizations listed by Type of Loss Experienced where you may be able to find additional support, educational resources, mental health professionals and grief counselors.
9. Grief Motion - For many Motion and keeping active has been key to their Grief Recovery, and in this section we list some of the activities many of our members found helpful in trying to stay in motion. From local community groups, to free online education, to volunteer opportunities to exercise and outdoor activities.
10. Grief Videos - A list of what our development team found to be some of the best Grief Meditation and Grief Education Videos on You Tube.
11. Calm Pixs - A collection of pictures with a calming quality by our group's volunteer photographer.
12. Twitter - The Twitter feed of www.Twitter.com/MyGriefAngels highlighting People Grieving worldwide that are turning their Grief into something positive to help others in their communities locally or worldwide.
13. Grief Books - List of Grief Books, and highlighting the recent Grief Book: "Good From Grief: How to Turn Unimaginable Grief into Something Positive in 288 Uplifting Twitter-Sized Life Stories"
14. GreatNonProfits' 2013 & 2014 Top Rated NonProfit - If you can now or in the future, an opportunity to support the efforts of the app's non-profit developer, the 501(c)(3) Public Charity www.MyGriefAngels.org
15. Registration - A link to the short App Registration form where your short answer to a couple of questions will help us to help you connect with other Grief Angels locally and/or experiencing your type of loss.
Welcome, and please help us to get the word out on this app to your friends, your facebook and twitter connections.