This is the official public app for tracking missions of the High Altitude Photography Platform. The HAPP captures 360-degree high-definition video from extreme altitudes over 30 kilometers / 100,000 feet. With this app, any user can view a map with predicted and actual flight paths, a flight status display showing key events as reported by the spacecraft, and a telemetry display featuring altitude, vertical speed, horizontal speed, and compass heading. This is the first high altitude balloon project to provide real time data to users worldwide. Project details and mission video footage available at happresearch.com.
- Automatically tracks the current mission when the app is launched.
- Displays flight path data from the most recent mission if no mission is currently underway.
- A grey line indicates the predicted flight path and the blue line shows the actual mission flight path.
- Displays a green pin for launch location, a yellow pin for balloon burst location, and a red pin for landing location.
- Shows status messages from the HAPP during a live mission to indicate key events.
- A gauge display shows numerical readouts of the HAPP's current altitude, vertical speed, horizontal speed, and heading.
- Display is updated approximately every 30 seconds as telemetry comes down from the HAPP via satellite.