Mesh is a business networking on chat product that makes it easier to connect with your trusted networks - alumni, colleagues, industry folks or others - using an all new chat interface experience.
HOW TO USE THIS APP:
1. For Alumni - Use this app to create a group of all your School or College Alumni. Once you sign up and create your profile just click the + icon on the home page to create a new group or ask around to join an existing group. Once a group is created all you need to do is share the link of this group via the "Invite via Link" tab in the Group Info section.
2. For any interest group - Use this app to create a group of any interest group or micro community e.g. Affiliate Marketers Africa. Again simply share the link of the group with those you want to join and start your micro community on chat.
APP FEATURES & WHAT MAKES IT DIFFERENT:
We're a super small team of makers and this is our first build out / MVP version. We have however tried to get a lot in, so here's what makes Mesh different for now:
1. All new chat interface for networking - immediacy of an instant chat makes it great for networking. With the way we've designed the user experience we hope you'll find it a great way to reach your network, now.
2. Connect large groups - when we say large we think mesh is great for any group that has 30+ users. However, there is no limit to how many users you can add to a group. Idea is for you to connect with batch mates or create a network for your entire institute / alumni. This also means you can create Interest, Skill or Industry specific groups for e.g. Founders SF, Designers in Paris, Corporate Lawyers in London.
3. Non-intrusive & silent - because mesh is made for large groups to have meaningful business connect, we had to make sure you love being on it. A big part of that is no disturbance with notifications or unread message counts - the entire experience is silent.
4. Relevant - with a lot of messages coming in a group chat, how do you keep track of ones that are relevant to your field of expertise or work? Mesh uses #tags in a group chat to show you messages that are relevant to your field of work.
5. Know your network - even though you might be connected with your alumni or industry folks, you may not know who does what. With Mesh you know "who" you're talking to without visiting a profile page, right in the messaging experience.
6. In on the buzz, with no pressure - Mesh provides a space to share business, tech or industry relevant posts. However there are no likes or views or other such anxiety inducing features :) The idea is simply to share meaningful updates, read, learn and grow.
As we grow, we'll be adding many more features, but first we'd love your feedback to get our MVP rock solid. If you face any bugs or crashes or have any other feedback please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org - Thank you for trying us out!
*Permissions we seek & why*
There is only one permission that is necessary to use the app: Access to Media library is required when adding or editing your profile image or in the future to store Images, Videos and other files you may receive in your chats.
We do not access your Contacts or read your SMS or even track your location, as we have no need for this information to use our Product or Services.