Lake Huron Credit Union was established in 1959. It was known at that time as Teamster's Local 486 Credit Union. The first office was on South Jefferson in downtown Saginaw and was open only a few nights each week. There were two part time employees. James Schmidt was treasurer, and Marilyn Hamilton. John Zuziak was elected as the first president of the Credit Union.
As the credit union grew, they continued to increase their hours and soon needed more space. Joe Garcia was hired as a full-time manager. The credit union moved to 509 N Hamilton in Saginaw. As Lake Huron continued to grow, more space was again needed. In 1978, the current location on the corner of Michigan and Tittabawassee was purchased and a new building was built. 1986 brought more changes to Lake Huron. Tri County Automotive Credit Union merged with Lake Huron. With this merger, Lake Huron opened its field of membership to not only Teamsters, but also to Automobile Dealerships, repair garages, and part distributors.
Today, Lake Huron Credit Union continues to be a strong financial institution with assets over 30 million.