The Metromile smart driving app makes owning a car easier, less expensive and more enjoyable. Features include street sweeping alerts, a car locator and daily driving insights.
All pay-per-mile insurance customers receive the Metromile Pulse, which plugs into your car’s OBD-II port and powers our smart driving app so you can:
- Locate a missing car
- Receive street sweeping alerts (currently in Chicago, Los Angeles, San Diego and San Francisco)
- Decode those mysterious check engine lights
- Contact our staff mechanic with any questions
- View details for each trip, like miles driven and gas costs
- Access insurance information
Visit metromile.com to sign up for pay-per-mile insurance, currently available in California, Illinois, New Jersey, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Virginia and Washington. If elsewhere in the United States, sign up for our waitlist to receive a notification when Metromile is available in your area.
Note: not all makes and models are compatible. Continued use of GPS running in the background can decrease battery life.