• Learn programming ( Linux, Python, Java, C+ , Scratch & more) from Harvard & MIT professors.
• Take college classes in Business, Statistics, Nutrition, Health, AI, Big Data, Cybersecurity, & Robotics.
• Prep for AP biology, physics & math exams.
• Get training & tutorials in Entrepreneurship & Leadership
• Expand your mind with classes on Happiness & Alien Worlds.
• Sign up online at edX.org and then use this mobile companion app to watch free video lectures on the go.
• Stream class videos via Wi-Fi or cellular connection
• Download videos to watch anytime
• View course announcements and handouts
• Follow along course videos with closed captions
• Education and tutorials on your schedule
edX is non profit offering Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) to students, teachers, homeschoolers, high school students preparing for college, anyone looking to improve skills for professional and continuing education. Anyone who wants a free education & loves learning will enjoy watching classes and tutorials in this free learning app.
Get mobile access to over 300 courses in subjects like:
Business and Management
English Composition and Language
High School Math
Programming (Python, Linux, Java)
Preparation for AP Exams
"Learning on the go! Beautiful design, clean, easy to use. The ability to download lectures and view offline is just great if you want to study during a commute. I really enjoyed this app and the effort that was put into making it. This works smoothly and seamlessly as compare to other online course apps I have tried. Flawless experience across platform."
-(Vishal G.) ★★★★★
There are more than 60 edX courses available on the edX mobile app, with more being added each day.
Courses available on the edX app:
• Harvard University – Introduction to Computer Science
• Boston University – Preparing for the AP* Physics1 Exam
• MIT – Entrepreneurship 101: Who is your customer?
• MIT – Entrepreneurship 102: What can you do for your customer?
• Rice University – Preparing for the AP* Environmental Science Exam Part 2: Populations
• Rice University – Preparing for the AP* Physics 2 Exam – Part 2: Electricity and Magnetism
• St. Margaret’s Episcopal School – The Road to Selective College Admissions
• McGill University – Natural Disasters
• Rice University – Preparing for the AP* Biology Exam – Part 3: Evolution and Diversity
• School Yourself – Introduction to Algebra
• School Yourself – Introduction to Geometry
• St. Margaret’s Episcopal School – Advanced Spanish Language and Culture
• California Institute of Technology – Pricing Options with Mathematical Models
• Georgetown University – Preparing for the AP* Physics C: Electricity and Magnetism Exam
• Cooper Union – Preparing for the AP* Computer Science A Exam – Part 1
• Cooper Union – Preparing for the AP* Chemistry Exam – Part 1
• Weston High School – On-Ramp to AP* Physics C: Mechanics
• Delft University of Technology – Pre-University Calculus
• UC Berkeley – The Beauty and Joy of Computing (CS Principles), Part 1
• UC Berkeley – Preparing for the AP* Computer Science A Exam – Level Up! Part 1
• Boston University – Alien Worlds: The Science of Exoplanet Discovery and Characterization
• Rice University – Preparing for the AP* Biology Exam – Part 2: Genetics
• Rice University – Preparing for the AP* Physics 2 Exam – Part 3: Optics and Modern Physics
• Rice University – Preparing for the AP* Environmental Science Exam – Part 3: Pollution and Resources
• MIT – Circuits and Electronics
• Delft University of Technology – Solar Energy
• MIT – A Global History of Architecture – Part 1
Split longs tasks to small parts with short breaks. Use countdown timer to check task progress.
Application displays banner ads.
WAKE_LOCK - to ensure that notifications are posted on time
READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - required since Android 4.4+ to read played track information
INTERNET, ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE - ads
My Open Courses videos are accompanied by subject notes, assignments and reference material that will help students to have a complete overview of the subject. Videos are offered in 2 different formats - for low bandwidths as well high speed connections. The videos are compatible with low end Android phones and the application delivers videos based on the mobile hardware.
If the student watching the videos has any doubt with regards to the subject, they can easily ask questions to hundreds of subject matter experts available on the platform. Viewing the videos does not require registration, if you want to ask questions or follow questions asked by other students, a 10 second user registration is required. You can use twitter, facebook, Google or LinkedIn ID to register as well.
Here is the best part - My Open Courses Videos can be downloaded on your mobile as well as Tablet completely free of cost. So, if you dont want to see them streaming but want to view on your Desktop or PC at a later stage you can do that. All the videos after download can be viewed when you are not connected to the internet as well!
My Open Courses is an official partner of NPTEL, an initiative funded by NMEICT, Ministry of HRD, Govt. of India that aims at bringing education to every student with the use of technology.
My Open Courses currently offers over 11,000 hours of videos categorized over 1300 subjects spread across 25 courses in all.
Here are the various courses offered:
Computer Science and Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Biotechnology, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry and Biochemistry, Civil Engineering, Engineering Design, Electrical Engineering, Humanities and Social Sciences, Management, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Metallurgy and Material Science, Ocean Engineering, Physics, Textile, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Nanotechnology, Environmental Science, Mining Engineering, Automobile Engineering.
First version of My Open Courses App offers Free Videos, Free questions and answers module, follow questions, Bookmark Videos for later viewing, Video / assignment downloads and more. In future versions, we will soon be launching assignments and Free assessments offered by Industry experts and top academics.
*Frequently Asked Questions:*
1) How does My Open Courses differ from Khan Academy, MIT Courseware, Coursera, Udemy, eDx and other?
My Open Courses is launched under the same premise as in case of Khan Academy, MIT Courseware, Coursera, Udemy, eDx - that of offering quality education online. But My Open Courses differs in the way where videos and course material offered completely adheres to standard curriculum of Engineering, Management and other streams. On the other hand Khan Academy, MIT Open Courseware, and others have more of vocational subjects which may not be part of actual student curriculum.
How will MOC help students?
MOC will be of tremendous help to students in their existing studies and will help them get better marks. Students don't need to worry anymore about missing their classes at their School or College. They will have best academic minds teaching them on their mobile devices.
How can you offer these videos completely free of cost?
We are official partners of NPTEL, an initiative funded by NMEICT, Ministry of HRD, Govt. of India allowing us to freely distribute the videos!
We now offer certifications through our partner www.millionlights.org
Free Video Courses, Educational Videos, higher education videos, online certification, millionlights
+ 44 Lession included Audios and Images.
+ Text transcript included.
+ Listen and Answer the Questions.
+ Practics English Every day.
You can use this app to Listen English and Practice everyday. You must dowwnload and listen it later and you can use it offline without network. This application is the best app for listen english and english conversations. You can listen and repeat english in very lession. I hope your english is better and speak english good.
With many titles and questions in this courses.
I hope that it useful. Thanks you.
Learn from over 1000 videos created by our expert teachers on web design, coding, business, and much more. Our library is continually refreshed with the latest on web design & development so you'll never fall behind.
Practice what you've learned through quizzes and interactive Code Challenges. This method of practice will allow you to retain information you've learned so you can apply it to your own future projects.
You'll earn badges as you journey through our extensive library of topics. These badges are an indicator of what skills you currently possess and are viewable by anyone (even recruiters from big companies!).
What people are saying about GradeStack -
1. Top rated app for learning programming on your android device - Emmanuel Lund
2. Amazing app Very good interface and very good content under each topic. One of my favourites. - Akanksha Kumar (1 Dec '14)
3. Useful app I've found this app very useful and explanations are great deal for java learners. - Cliff Mayer (17 Dec '14)
Find great study tips, tutorials, questions, discussions, quizzes, flash cards and what you are learning. Each course comes with required study material and practice tests to bolster your prep and get you the feel of the real exam. These courses are prepared by experts and renowned publishers. GradeStack makes learning fun and social - Share what you learn with your friends, ask questions, post answers and discuss.
GradeStack is available on all your devices. Learn with the interactive courses by GradeStack, learn on the go on your mobile, your tablets and on your computer by visiting www.gradestack.com
Some of the courses available on GradeStack -
1. GRE Complete Study Guide
2. CFA Level 1 Prep
3. IBPS PO Exam Prep by Career Power
4. SSC Prep - Complete Course
5. Complete CAT Prep
6. CA-CPT Prep
7. Java Programming Language … and many more all in one app
8. CBSE Course - Class 8, 9, 10 and 11
9. Dr Bhatia's complete PG Study Guide
10. IT Specialist Officer Course by Career Power
11. Learn Java
And 100s of other courses and tutorials...
Access to some of the courses is available only after subscription
The study guides on GradeStack are built to help you crack the exam of your choice, learn the skill that helps you more up in career.
Learn how to crack the exams of your choice the GradeStack way, get the edge in your preparation !
Find Free Online University Courses is a resource app that breaks barriers to education by reaching millions of learners around the world, providing links to free education courses and resources from top universities**.
We've rounded up some of the top course providers so that you can search for free online courses in the learning categories which include: -
- Biology & Life Sciences
- Business & Management
- Computer Science
- Economics & Finance
- Energy & Earth Sciences
- Food and Nutrition
- Health & Society
- Information, Tech & Design
- Music, Film, and Audio
- Physical & Earth Sciences
- Social Sciences
- and more
We desire to make learning accessible to all so we invite you to use our app to find online courses from some of the best learning institutions in the world.
Search the links for courses from top universities**, including but not limited to: -
Harvard University (USA)
Princeton University (USA)
Columbia University (USA)
Standford University (USA)
University College London (UK)
University of Cambridge (UK)
University of Oxford (UK)
Australian National University (AUS)
The Chinese University of Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
We've also included resources from platforms that provide courses that are accredited for college credit and are taken for skill development and self-improvement. Learning Skills like Programming, Yoga, Design, Photography, Spanish, Marketing, Guitar, Finance, Cake Decorating, and more.
"Genius without education is like silver in the mine." - Benjamin Franklin
**We have no affiliation to any of the learning institutions and provide this service as a convenience
*Logos and trademarks belong to individual institutions and we make no reference to ownership of any kind
PDF materials will be automatically organised into separate directories by module within the 'Download' folder - particularly useful on a tablet device to aid study while travelling/commuting. Clicking on a download link a second time will open the previously downloaded file rather than download a duplicate copy, reducing mobile data usage.
A student login for the Open University website is required!!!
PLEASE NOTE: This application is NOT endorsed or supported by The Open University in any way. I am a student studying with The Open University and created this application as a personal project.
Your log-in information is used only for the purpose of logging into the Open University site. All of your details are totally removed from the application on logging out.
Please leave feedback if you find my application useful or have suggestions for new features!
The guide covers the basic of Python Programming so that the learners will have enough knowledge to create some simple and productive application.
The guide is sorted based on the following topics:
- For Loop
- While Loop
Do you want to learn from these resources on the go from your smartphone or tablet?
Do you feel a need for a application to take notes while viewing your favorite videos, organize and make them accessible?
If yes, then meet Grace: Your mobile application for learning what you love - anywhere . anytime - Enabling the Genius in you.
Using Grace you can use rich pool of online videos from Youtube to learn / get inspired, simultaneously take notes and maintain them on your Google Drive account.
Learn from the best Universities, organizations, teachers and leaders in the world such as Marakana, Khan Academy, MIT OpenCourseware, Google, Stanford, Oxford and numerous others based on your interest and area of study.
Learn business, mathematics, learn medicine, learn computer science - learn what you love. There is something to learn for everyone.
1.Take courses from leading teachers from best universities across the globe - Powered by Youtube Edu.
2.University, Primary and Secondary education courses
3. Khan Academy video tutorials
4.Learn anything by using Youtube Topic search to discover interesting videos and channels
5.Video player with Captions / subtitles
6.Favorites support for videos, courses and lectures.
7.Take notes for videos you watch and access them online - powered by Google Drive.
8.Easy access to Wikipedia - integrated direct wikipedia look up for topics from videos.
YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY VALUABLE
Please share your your valuable feedback and ideas through email: email@example.com or post them on Google+ Community Page:
Students studying undergraduate and postgraduate modules can download their core module learning materials to their mobile devices for use offline. These materials are digital reproductions of the materials students are sent in the post. Materials currently delivered online will not be available through the OU Anywhere app.
By installing the OU Anywhere app you are agreeing to The Open University’s Policies and Statements http://www.open.ac.uk/about/main/admin-and-governance/policies-and-statements.
What's New in Version 2.0.3:
Updated graphical interface offering an improved user experience.
Improved information and management of the storage space on your device.
Transcripts and closed captions viewable on videos where available.
With this app you can see:
1) MOOCs starting today
2) MOOCs recently added to our directory
3) Updated MOOCs in our directory
4) Upcomming MOOCs (next 30 days)
For a full (search and filter) experience, please visit our responsive website at https://www.mooc-list.com and find thousands of free online courses offered by the best universities.
What is a MOOC?
MOOC stands for a Massive Open Online Course.
It is an online course aimed at large-scale participation and open (free) access via the internet.
They are similar to university courses, but do not tend to offer academic credit.
A number of web-based platforms (providers Aka initiatives) supported by top universities and colleges offer MOOCs in a wide range of subjects.
Allversity, Aquent Gymnasium, Box Hill Institute, C++ Institute, Canvas, Canvas.net, Complexity Explorer, CourseSites, Coursera, FUN, FX Academy, Fundación Didáctica, FutureLearn, GW Online, IAI Academy, Instreamia, Investoo.com, Leuphana Digital School, MOOC-Ed, MRUniversity, Marist College's FOLD, Miríada X, MongoDB, Neodemia, NovoEd, Open Education, OpenStudy, OpenCourseWorld, OpenLearning, OpenSecurityTraining, Other Initiatives, PPU, SDSN.edu, Saylor.org, SchoolKeep, SoundviewPro.com, Stanford OpenEdX, TV des Entrepreneurs, TareasPlus, The Writing University, UNED COMA, UNINETTUNO OpenupEd, UPU, UPV, Udacity, Udemy, UniMOOC - Tec, Universarium, Universiteplus, Virtual Linguistics Campus, WEU, World Mentoring Academy (WMA), Younico, edX, iversity, openHPI, openSAP
One Hour of Code tutorial: https://pocketcode.org/hourOfCode - for other tutorials see http://catrob.at/i and https://pocketcode.org/tutorial
Pocket Code allows you to create, edit, execute, share, and remix Catrobat programs in a visual, "LEGO-style" programming environment and programming language. You can remix programs that others have made and share them with your friends and the world. With Pocket Code you can up- and download Catrobat programs through the Pocket Code community website at https://pocketcode.org/ --- All Catrobat programs uploaded to this site can be downloaded by anyone under a free open source license to maximize learning, remixing, and sharing them freely.
Catrobat is a visual programming language and set of creativity tools for smartphones, tablets, and mobile browsers. Catrobat and the software developed by the Catrobat team are inspired by the Scratch programming system developed by the Lifelong Kindergarten Group at the MIT Media Lab.
Pocket Code is ideally suited for the Hour of Code during the Computer Science Education Week http://csedweek.org/ organized by code.org, the European Code Week http://codeweek.eu/ as well as Google's "Made with Code" initiative https://www.madewithcode.com/ --- and it also is available on Google Play for Education http://developer.android.com/distribute/googleplay/edu/about.html in Google's Android market.
Catrobat --- http://www.catrobat.org/ and http://developer.catrobat.org/ --- is an independent non-profit project creating free open source software (FOSS) under AGPL and CC-BY-SA licenses. The growing international Catrobat team is entirely composed of volunteers. The results of many of our subprojects will be made available in the months and years to come, e.g., the ability to control more robots, or to create music in an easy and fun way. Currently we are working hard on extending Pocket Code as the next step with a physics engine that is almost ready and will allow you to program in a very easy and fun way your own Angry Bird or Maze types of games.
Please note that Pocket Code currently runs well only on smartphones and tablets with a screen size up to 7".
Courses (video lectures) are provided by top universities like MIT, Stanford, Harvard, Yale, McGill, UC Berkeley, NJIT, UCLA, NPTEL (IISc Bangalore, IIT Bombay, IIT Delhi, IIT Guwahati, IIT Kanpur, IIT Kharagpur, IIT Madras, IIT Roorkee) and Khan academy as well.
Subjects include Accounting, computer programming, digital electronics, computer networking, law, finance, literature, physics, medical sciences and many more.
Just DOWNLOAD this app and start non-stop learning anywhere, anytime.
- Login with either Facebook or Google account
- You can enroll to a course and track your progress
- You can write your own notes and read them offline
- You can review courses, provide feedback and rate courses for helping co-learners
- Get Notifications for your subject of interest only
- Some courses offer videos to download and watch them offline
- Add reminders to your calendar right from the app so you won't miss your schedule
- Create favorite lists; Multiple Playlists
- Sync across multiple devices: Your subscribed courses, favorite lists, playlists are synced automatically when you log-in to a different device;
MOOC course catalog, (Coursera, Udacity, eDX, NovoEd etc..)
- Notifications: Get notified when important events happen in your courses or learning network
- Share Stream: Share a post to your classmates or followers and explore posts from your personal learning network.
- Calendar: Easily browse your due dates across courses
- Announcements: Browse announcements from your instructor
- Course Content: View your content through our touch-friendly course navigation
- Discussions: Tap, swipe and scroll your discussion topics, posts and responses. Create new posts or respond to your classmates, even add photos and files to your posts.
- Gradebook: View your grades and assignments.
- Submissions: Read your instructor’s comments on assignments, and submit comments and files.
- People & Profiles: See your classmates’ profiles in the people section, or by tapping their profile picture. Start Following classmates to stay connected to them.
- Dropbox & Google Drive: Add Dropbox & Google Drive files as attachments
We’ll always be working to improve this app. Please send your feedback or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.