“Student Weight for Height Check” Application, provided by Student Health Service, Department of Health, is for students to understand their growth through calculating the weight for height, as well as learning about healthy diet and exercise.
“Student Weight for Height Check” Application has the following main features:
1. For users to create a profile, entering height and weight by date to measure whether their weight for height are in the optimal range, underweight or overweight (including obesity).
2. Users’ records can be saved in the weight for height chart so as to clearly display their growth.
3. Users can amend the incorrect entries on height and weight in the weight for height chart.
4. Users can also get personalized information about a healthy diet and exercise based on the result of calculating the weight for height.
*This Application is only suitable for children and adolescents who are:
1) 18 years old or under
2) 91-165cm (female) or 91-175 cm (male)
Health Information Tutorial:
The content will be updated regularly in order to provide interesting and practical information on healthy diet and exercise. Users can share the content in health information tutorial with their friends via Facebook and email.
Games in the APPLICATION:
There are two games in the APPLICATION. One is for healthy diet, another one is for exercise.
The games have different levels. They are challenging and fun to play. The ranking list will display their score and the scores of their Facebook friends. Through the games, users would enrich their knowledge on healthy diet and exercise.
The Department of Health, the Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region ("the Government") is concerned to ensure that all personal data submitted through the「Student Weight for Height Check」Application (“the Application") are handled in accordance with the relevant provisions of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance.
The Government will collect the data about the visiting times of the Application without collecting any personally identifiable information of users. The data about the visiting times of the Application collected will only be used to produce statistical reports and check computer system so as to improve the performance of the Application.
Unless permitted or required by law, the Government will not disclose your personal data to any third party without your prior consent.