+ Get real-time bus arrival predictions
+ Get your nearby bus/rail stops
+ Get bus route schedules
+ Favorite your stops so that you have immediate access to their predictions.
+ Favorite your routes so that you can quickly lookup a list of stops and get their predictions.
+ Get predictions from other routes that share the same stop all in one screen.
+ Simple, straightforward, and easy to use.
+ Route Maps
Please let us know of any feedback that you may have. We want to make this application as useful to you as possible. If you find any problems, don't hesitate to contact us.
This application uses NextBus services.
If you like MBTA Alerts, check out MBTA Alerts Pro in the Android market. It includes many frequently requested features and a vastly improved user interface.
Email if you have questions/problems
The MBTA mTicket app is now available for all Commuter Rail and Ferry Lines!
With the new MBTA mTicket App for Commuter Rail and Ferry, you can securely purchase MBTA Commuter Rail and Ferry Single Ride, Round-Trip, 10 Ride, and Monthly tickets in seconds. Purchasing a ticket is easy: select your trip & ticket type, enter your payment card information and your smartphone is your ticket!
Never lose your ticket again! Once you purchase your ticket, it will always stick in My Tickets. Need to replace your phone? No problem -- we can easily transfer any purchased ticket.
Want to check your schedule or service updates? You can check schedules and T-Alerts right from inside the app!
We are making the app better everyday! Let us know what you think at www.mbta.com/mticket
● Secure ticket purchasing with your credit or debit card
● Your smartphone is your ticket
● Never worry about zones again -- just select your origin and destination to purchase
● Never lose your ticket -- tickets can be easily transferred if your phone is lost or stolen
● Check Commuter Rail schedules, maps, and service alerts
● Brand new offers from JustRide and the MBTA
This app is supported on Android 2.3 and above.
Please note that support for Android beta versions or experimental features is not guaranteed and customers using Android beta versions or experimental features do so at their own risk.
The MBTA Realtime T app tracks Boston's MBTA subway trains in realtime, accurately predicting when each train will arrive at your station. The app shows the location of each train on the line, as well as the estimated arrival time, down to the second, at each station. This works using sensors placed on the tracks - when a passing train triggers one of these sensors, MBTA Realtime T app is the first to know.
The app supports the Red, Orange, and Blue heavy rail lines. The Green Line is not supported, as the MBTA has not installed tracking technology on the Green Line trains (there is nothing app developers can do to get around this).
- Full version free to use
- Multiple bus selections for each stop
- Find Me feature allows for device GPS search of stops around you
- Save frequently used buses and stops for quick access
- See where your bus is on Google Maps
All arrival estimates come directly from the MBTA. Unfortunately, the MBTA does not provide estimates for the Green line.
Please comment to let me know what you like (and what should be improved/added)! And if you have any problems, feel free to email me.
♥ Use search to find any stop or route instantly.
♥ Find when the bus is coming at particular stop for particular route.
♥ Find all the buses coming at a particular stop.
♥ Find bus information by selecting a stop on the map.
♥ Alarm when you reach destination.
♥ Save favorite stops or routes.
♥ Live location of bus on map.
♥ Uses arrival predictions as provided by Nextbus.
MbtaLoc Pro is released. The pro version of this app has predictions arrival times of MBTA Bus, Subway and Commuter Rail along with real time locations and a bunch of other great new features.
This app gets the real-time locations (GPS) of MBTA Buses. It uses the feed provided by MBTA in getting the current location of buses in and around the Boston(neighborhood) and the surrounding areas. You can also use this to know the exact bus location if the predicted time of arrival is incorrect.
- Real time locations overlayed on Google maps along with the user's current location
- Shows the current direction and the time since the bus reported its last known location (typically 30-40 seconds).
- Live Traffic data embedded onto Google maps so you will know if a bus is stuck in a traffic jam.
- Shows the bus route so that you get a clear idea of where the bus is heading.
- Bookmarking your favorite bus routes for convenience and fast access.
- Added ability to recognize the direction of buses directly from the image.
Go to bus listings - (Can be bookmarked)
Click on the a bus route and you will see the current locations of the bus serving this route.
Clicking on any of the markers provides additional information such as direction and last reported time.
Any feedback and bug reports is much appreciated (option available in the settings of the app). Thanks.
Note: All the data about the buses are provided by MBTA feeds.
(Usage time/activity is collected anonymously for enhancing user experience - Google Analytics)
+ Povides you with Red Line, Orange Line, and Blue Line arrival time estimation.
+ Shows where each train is running at the moment.
+ Calculates how much chance you have to catch the train.
+ Finds your closest T station.
+ Has a bookmark feature for your favorite stations.
Permissions which this App requires
+ Fine (GPS) location
Used to find the closest station.
+ Modify/delete SD card contents
Used to store fetched data into SD card.
+ Full Internet access
Used for fetching schedule data.
+ Prevent phone from sleeping
Used to keep phone awake.
+ This App is an unofficial software.
+ The developer has no connection with MBTA.
+ The developer will take no responsibility for any possible damage or loss that are caused by this App.
+ The data provided is not always acculate.
+ Green Line and Silver Line are not supported.
+ This App acquires schedule data from http://developer.mbta.com/
New pro version of MBTA Alerts. Adds predictions by stop, predictions on the bookmarks list, ability to bookmark stops, distance to stops, nearby stops, ... Also adds other frequently requested features and provides a vastly improved overall UI.
Email if you have questions/problems/suggestions
"Where's the MBTA?" makes use of the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority Open Data to predict arrival times to MBTA* transit stations. It is by no means feature complete. More transit types and systems will be added later on.
…The Official MBTA Commuter Rail App…
The official app of the MBTA Commuter Rail offered by Keolis Commuter Services. A simple one screen interface gives the Boston area Commuter Rail rider everything they need to make their train on time, including schedule info, train progress and alerts.
- My Ride. See how much time you’ve got until your train arrives, then follow its progress, and even how much gas you’ve saved by riding the Boston area Commuter Rail.
- Schedules. Commuter Rail schedules at your fingertips.
- My Trips. Save your trips for easy access later on.
- My Alarms. Need to rest before your stop? Don’t worry—the official MBTA Commuter Rail app will gently wake you up.
- Alerts. Stay informed about possible delays to your trip.
If it can determine your location immediately, T Tracker will automatically bring up arrival times for the nearest station. Otherwise, it will go straight to your default stop.
The app's popular second-by-second vehicle tracking map visualizes your bus' exact location and estimates how many minutes it will take to arrive. Instead of waiting and wondering, spend your time doing something more important!
• Real-time bus tracking displays the exact location of your bus on a map, letting you watch as the bus makes its way to your stop.
• Remarkably accurate arrival predictions cut down on time spent waiting around—you get to be the judge of when to head down to the stop.
• Stay tuned with MBTA Service Alerts
• Save frequent stops to your favorite
• Find nearest stops via GPS
• Find stops using routes
• Don't have data plan? Don't worry. Send SMS and get times of buses
• No hassle to press refresh. Built-in auto-refresh functionality
• Pull To Refresh functionality
• Share buses arrival times with your friends
• Customizable (Rename stops, Delete stops, Change nearby radius for stop search, Turn on/off auto-refresh, Change layout)
• User Friendly with Interactive Interface
• User feedback options put you in touch with app developer.
Get the arrival time of MBTA buses on your mobile by installing Boston Bus Tracker app.
• Your suggestion would be much appreciated. Please do so to improve the efficiency.
This app is in no way affiliated or endorsed by the MBTA