-The Biminis,“Gateway to the Bahamas," and "Game Fishing Capital,” is steeped in legend and lore; pirates, & rum-running history, are forever tied to Ernest Hemingway, who resided in Bimini for several years.
-An effortless, 25-minute flight, Bimini, is a few hours by boat or yacht from Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Freeport, and Nassau. The Biminis, with its countless-shades-of-aqua-water, is one of the Bahamas top Out Island destinations.
-What This App Offers-
• Bahamas Bliss: Bimini-IGuide, provides the definitive, insider source, with all original content, written by the author with over 35 years of traveling to these remote islands of the stream.
• 1650 + photos; star and vibe ratings.
• As a first-time visitor or returning traveler; you’re guided to the latest events and little-known secrets: where to stay-(from fab to funky,) the best in dining, unusual, historic sites, and where to play on untrammeled beaches.
• Each of the App’s 150 + entries has its own photo slide show, a helpful write-up; with interactive links, YouTube videos, built-in maps, hours and days of operation, and cost.
• Sort entries by various categories: Accommodations, Attractions, Bakeries/Food/Restaurants,
Bars/Nightlife, Best Beaches, Historical Sites, Island Personalities, Marinas, Shopping, Transportation, Water Sports, and a nifty search feature.
• Explore swimming with wild, Atlantic Spotted Dolphin
• Snorkel or dive the famous Bimini Road (possible site of the mystical isle of Atlantis)
• Find the big, fast, angling catches: marlin, sailfish, tuna, wahoo, and bonefish.
• Dive with Caribbean Reef and Lemon sharks
• Tour the world-famous Shark Lab
• Kayak through the beautiful mangroves and flats
• Handle the harmless, indigenous, Bimini Boa
• Munch on sweet Bimini Bread
• Discover the freshest Conch salad, and best lobster spots
• Dance with the best bands with original island music
✭Welcome to the unique adventure island...special in its own way.✭
★ About the Author ★
Sandra Davis is a travel photojournalist, based out of Fort Lauderdale, FL. She has been exploring the Bahamian Out Islands, Caribbean, and Mexico in words and pictures for over 35 years. She's even spent some time in the southernmost town of the US: Key West-hangin with Buffett-guitar in hand, under the giant sea grape tree at Louie’s Backyard.
A fan of Hemingway's novel, "Islands in the Stream," brought Sandra to the setting for the novel, The Biminis, in 1979; aboard the famous amphibious airline, Chalks International. Walking through Hemingway's history, advanced her interest in The Biminis, and in all of the Bahamas Out Islands, and its character filled history.
Sandra has been a contributing features editor for Elite Traveler, Travel Weekly, Skywriting's, Caribbean Beat, ShowBoats International, Professional Travel Guide, Caribbean Lifestyle, and contributed to five Fodor's Travel Guides: Bahamas-Out Islands, Bermuda, USA-Florida, and Caribbean Ports of Call.
★ About Sutro Media ★
This guide is published in partnership with Sutro Media. By enabling local writers to share their expertise on mobile phones, Sutro Media is making it easier and more fun to explore the world!
If you have any problems, comments, or suggestions for improvement, we'd love to hear from you - email@example.com
NO INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED! This app has been designed and field tested to provide you with the information you need to enjoy your cruise without the need for the Internet, WiFi, mobile data signals, or cellular data signals.
Find the restaurants, shops, dining, and entertainment options that are available on the ship and in port quickly and conveniently.
This app is the easiest to use cruise guide and cruise travel planning app in the App Store! There are no hard to read pages of “advice,” misspelled instructions, cluttered screens, hard to use interfaces, misleading directions, or broken buttons.
* Deck Plans for each deck on the ship are at your fingertips.
* Find public areas on the ship by category, by deck, or using the convenient search feature.
* Get information on the ports of call on your cruise itinerary, including history, attractions, tips, and distance from the cruise dock.
* Learn more about the Liberty of the Seas, including details, facts and figures about the ship.
Find your way around Royal Caribbean's Liberty of the Seas on your next vacation - get this app for your Android device today!
Para añadirlo a tu Android, descárgalo, sitúate en el escritorio de tu móvil y manten el dedo pulsado de forma prolongada. Selecciona "añadir widget" y búscalo: "Cuenta atrás San Juan".
Also you can get information for transportation and local hotels.
- GPS location of places around you
- Get easy directions to each place
- Information and photo of each place
- A list of current events in the city
- Tourist tips and help center
- Tip calculator
Try it now for FREE!
More from developer
My goal (both for myself and others) is to get people praying, and this app makes it as easy as it possibly can be to capture and review a prayer list (that is my design point).
With one click, you record a short prayer (maybe 1 or 2 seconds). Click again to record the next one. You can capture a whole lot of individual prayer requests very, very quickly this way.
Later, when you have time, you can view or listen to the list. Replace the default name with your own text. If your phone has voice-to-type as many do, you just speak (to type) two or three words for reference so you don't need to play the sound bite anymore if you do not wish to.
If you are in your car or sitting by yourself, you can long-click on any item and play all the recordings from that point to the end of the list. That way you can listen to the prayer requests "hands off" while driving, and even pray along.
The ability to re-order the list easily is also important. With a long click you can add a blank line above any entry, and then select a prayer request and move it to the blank line. With this "organizer" you can quickly re-order the prayers in any way you prefer.
Of course, new prayer requests can be added at any time. They will be added to the end of the list and you can then re-order it to any position.
Once the prayer has been answered or is no longer relevant, you simply delete it from the list. I am thinking of adding archiving, catagorizing, and tracking answered prayers as well, but I want to wait for feedback from users, as I do not want to sacrifice the target focus which is quick, easy, and something that actually gets used!
Port of call - San Juan provides a guided tour of the old city (along with lots of other information). It is meant for people with a limited amount of time in this historic city and wish to make the most of their time.
A simple map is provided to help orient the traveller as each site is visited, helping you really understand the layout of the old city.
Along with the guided tour the application comes with descriptions of the major sights, restaurants, shops, and other reference material.