Update : Whiteboard is now available for personal (Microsoft) accounts & there are also a ton of other features which you can check out in the “What’s new” section!!
Microsoft Whiteboard provides a freeform intelligent canvas where individuals & teams alike can ideate, create, and collaborate visually via the cloud. Designed for touch, type & pen, it lets you write or draw as smoothly as you would with ink, you can even type in text, add sticky notes or notes grid to express your ideas & use reactions to visually communicate your thoughts. It enhances teamwork by allowing all team members to edit the canvas in real time, no matter where they are. Get started quickly by inserting a pre-built template or draw your own flowchart using our expansive shapes library. No matter what your use case, we have the right set of tools for you and all your work stays safe in the cloud, ready to be picked back up from another location or device.
-- Create freely, work naturally –
Microsoft Whiteboard provides an infinite canvas where imagination has room to grow: draw, type, add a sticky note or a notes grid, move them around – it’s all possible. The touch-first, interface frees your ideas from the keyboard, and the intelligent inking technology transforms your doodles into great-looking shapes and lines that can be copied, pasted and combined with other objects.
--Collaborate in real time, wherever you are—
Microsoft Whiteboard brings every member of a team together working from their own devices across the globe. On the Whiteboard canvas, you can also see what your teammates are doing in real time and start collaborating on the same area. It’s about getting everyone on the same page – or board.
--Save automatically, resume seamlessly –
Forget having to take photos of your whiteboards, or marking them with “Do Not Erase.” With Microsoft Whiteboard, your brainstorming sessions are saved automatically to the Microsoft cloud, so you can pick up where you left off, whenever – and wherever – inspiration strikes next.
• Users can now log in using their personal (Microsoft) accounts which has been a strong customer ask since we launched the Android Preview App
• Modern look and feel:
1. Streamlined user experience - an unobtrusive app UI maximizes your canvas space.
2. Creation gallery - a highly discoverable, simple way of finding and using objects and features in the application.
• Interactive content features:
3. 40+ customizable templates – get started quickly and collaborate, brainstorm, and ideate with brand new templates.
4. Reactions - provide lightweight, contextual feedback with a set of fun reactions.
• Facilitation features:
5. Copy/paste – copy and paste content and text within the same whiteboard.
6. Object alignment – use alignment lines and object snapping to precisely organize content spatially.
7. Format background – personalize your whiteboard by changing the background color and pattern .
• Inking features:
8. Ink arrows – smoothly draw single and double-sided arrows using ink to better facilitate diagramming.
9. Ink effect pens – express yourself in a creative way using rainbow and galaxy ink .