1. Safety Tips - essential information, instructions, and videos on things to do before, during, and after a disaster (i.e. typhoon, flood, fire, earthquake)
2. Safe Areas - report safe and unsafe areas during a disaster and get instantly notified when a disaster is reported near your location (within a 20 kilometer radius)
3. Emergency Hotlines - one-click access to important local emergency phone numbers
4. Tools & Utilities - flashlight, strobe light, compass, whistle, send exact user location (latitude and longitude)
5. And more! - Child (app user) information and emergency details, current weather, videos
This mobile app is a product of a children's workshop on Urban Disaster Risk Reduction Programming, organized by Save the Children Philippines, under Project CUST (Children for Urban Safety and Transformation).
© 2016 Miko Santos and these awesome kids: Cyro, Ed, Jazpher, Jude, Miho, Mik, Niña, Rhed, Richmond, & Third.
Save the Children believes every child deserves a future. In the Philippines and around the world, we give children a healthy start in life, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm. We do whatever it takes for children – every day and in times of crisis – transforming their lives and the future we share.
Children for Urban Safety and Transformation (CUST) is an urban disaster risk reduction (DRR) project funded by Save the Children Spain, implemented in Bulacan and Muntinlupa City. The project aims to capacitate children and their communities to identify urban risks and harmful practices and conceptualize activities, technologies, practices and skills that will help them to better adapt to and advocate on safe practices in changing urban environments.