ProstateApp is the only app designed to assist men and their families navigate their way through the emotional, psychological and physical challenges that come with a diagnosis of prostate cancer.
It will guide you through the many issues that may arise on your journey with prostate cancer and provide you with useful information and exercises to work through them.
The app is designed as a useful tool and companion to the book Facing the Tiger written by psychologist Professor Suzanne Chambers. It can be used on its own, or to get the most out of it, used in tandem with the book.
ProstateApp contains the following features:
• Videos of people talking about their own experiences and offering thoughts on what might help
• Activities to help you make decisions and look after yourself both physically and emotionally
• Links to organisations that can help
• Inspirational quotes to keep you thinking positively
• Daily communication to keep you motivated.
ProstateApp was developed by Prostate Cancer Foundation of Australia with generous funding from the H&L Hecht Trust.
For more information and assistance with prostate cancer, visit www.pcfa.org.au
The information contained in ProstateApp is provided to assist you with the many issues you may encounter, but is not intended to replace consultation with relevant health practitioners, nor is it designed to give medical advice. Whilst considerable care and consultation with a psychologist has been taken in the preparation of this information, Prostate Cancer Foundation of Australia is not liable for any errors or omissions.