Recognition and understanding of vocabulary often far surpasses recall of vocabulary due to the disparity between the frequency at which words are heard or read vs. personally used in conversation. This often leads to frustrating pauses in speech as one searches for the precise word to express what one is communicating.
This game takes the form of a crossword puzzle, with dictionary entries as clues. The emphasis is not on trying to stump the player, but on providing practice recalling words so it will become easier during natural conversation. A limited number of extra hints are available per game for those last few words that are difficult to get.
Definitions are provided by American Heritage® Dictionary, Wiktionary, The Century Dictionary, and the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English, supplied via Wordnik. When the word or a portion of the word is included in the definition, asterisks are substituted in place of the word.
Examples of words include propensity, perpetuate, propagate, designate, legacy, blemish, exacerbate, infiltrate, prolong, endorse, advocate, traipse, and reconvene. Over 4800 more just like these are used to dynamically create a nearly endless number of puzzles.
This game may be played offline. However, playing with an active network connection will provide a greater variety of words.
Multiplayer games don’t get better than this puzzle game! You can join millions of players and begin spelling words to advance on your opponent’s base. Spell diagonally, zigzag or side-to-side and you’re your way across the board. Spelling words with only one letter in an opponent’s base gives you the win! Watch out - one word spelled with one of the letters in your base, and you lose.
Wordbase - Word Search Battle Features:
Word search fun with friends and strangers
- Multiplayer games can be played with Facebook and Google+ contacts
- Brain teasers with strangers - show off your vocabulary skills with players around the globe
- Word search puzzles built into every turn - which word will get you closest to dominating the board?
Word games come in different modes
- Word search puzzles meet crossword puzzles in the unique and addictive Classic mode
- Hard puzzle fans turn to the Timed mode for a speedy challenge
- Word search becomes high-stakes in Wager mode, where you put your points on the line
- Mind game madness in Bombs mode, where the board itself is teeming with bombs and power-ups
Multiplayer games with rewards!
- Casual games will reward you with points just for playing. Wins add on even more points
- Word puzzles can be solved with flair and skill to earn Achievements
- Word search geniuses earn titles to show off online
Addicting games combine to form the ultimate challenge
- Wordsearch elements: Find words in the jumbled letters and claim them before your friends can
- Crossword Puzzles elements: Cut off your friends’ words to block them
- Word search puzzles free from the outset - you don’t have to pay to start playing
Share your victories with the world
- Word search history can be immortalized on Facebook and Google+
- Friends will fear you as you accumulate titles and achievements
Wordbase is fun for everyone, regardless of skill level
- Hard puzzle modes make finding words as challenging as you want it to be
- Casual games with friends for when you just want to unwind
- Logic game against your friends - who can find the most powerful words?
Wordbase - Word Search Battle is unlike any other crossword or puzzle games you’ve played before. It’s an addictive mix of word scramble games, brain teasers and crossword puzzles that adds up to the definitive logic game. Multiplayer games have never felt so smart - or addictive.
Play daily word search puzzles with your friends or people around the world. See if you have what it takes to make it to the other base. Join everyone in word search battles today with Wordbase!
If you have any questions or comments please send us an email at email@example.com.
Visit us at:
Wordbase is a free to download and play game, but we offer a Premium Upgrade via an in-app purchases, if you want to experience the joys of playing an unlimited number of games at the same time.
Characteristics of the game:
1. The fields are generated at random (you will not have to wait till the designer issues a new set of levels.)
2. A possibility to choose the playing area size.
3. A possibility to choose whether you want to guess words from the general word base or on some topics. The topics include animals, plants, cities, countries, sports, names, food, and professions.
4. Detailed statistics is available.
5. The rating system makes it possible to compete with other players.
6. A possibility to scale the playing area size.
7. Your progress for each playing field, the number of tips and rating points are stored on the server and synchronized with all your devices in one Google account.
8. The game is provided in two languages: Russian and English.
If you like fruits, this game is very ideal for you.
Play and relax :)
- Free Play: Find English words without any limits.
- Time Mode: Random characters will fall down your fruit collection for each 10 seconds.
- Auto-saved: You can resume your old game to continue increasing score.
- View your found word: Check your English vocabularies you've searched.
There are over 30,000 interesting and challenging questions, about such topics as presidential trivia, history trivia, even star wars trivia. Think you know more about football or basketball trivia than any of your friends? Find out now! Protobowl for Android allows you to customize your playing experience and keep track of your performance.
Because Protobowl for Android connects to the central Protobowl service, you can play against desktop, iOS, and Blackberry users. You can also play by yourself for extra practice. Protobowl allows you to speak your answer, just like in a real competition and like popular real-life games such as Jeopardy.
Best of all, Protobowl for Android is completely free and has no ads! So if you enjoy this app, please consider leaving a review.
- Touch interaction with the actual Smith Chart; manipulate values easily by dragging a point around in the chart.
- Ability to use sliders for pin-point accuracy.
- Beautiful, lightweight, CPU and battery efficient.
This is a collection of useful tools for professional or student RF engineers. Currently included in this app is a Smith Chart, which includes: realtime touch interaction, autosaving data, and the ability to enter either gamma values. New features and tools will be coming soon: Matching network design tool, filter coupling matrix design tool, and the ability to enter in Z values.
Please leave a comment below describing any other tools you feel would benefit this app.
- Very customizable, choose any color you want for the shapes, and choose any shape you want.
- Interactive. Shapes respond to touch gestures.
- Beautiful. Live wallpaper glows underneath the shapes to create an entrancing effect.
Notice: You must manually set the live wallpaper the first time you use this app. After that, the background can be customized by navigating to either the app itself, or by navigating to the live wallpaper chooser screen, clicking preview on the wallpaper, and then selecting "settings".
With over 500 high-level vocabulary words, Ultra Vocab is the best flashcards app around for SAT and GRE prep. Better yet, it's completely free. The app functions as a virtual replica of real-life flashcards. It also uses sophisticated learning algorithms to ensure very fast memorization rates and long term retention.
Use this app as you would use real-life cards.
1. You will be presented with a word; try to guess it's meaning, and then tap "flip".
2. Take a look at the definition. If you got it right, tap "correct", else tap "incorrect".
3. That's it! The app will take care of all repetition / practice.
Ultra Vocab also has a built in review system. Simply navigate to the "Review Progress" tab to look at the number of words practiced, accuracy rates, and other information. You can also look at a complete word list with over 500 words that frequently appear on the SAT.
Unlike the free version, this version is 100% ad-free. This version also gives you access to the Learn Words mode, so you can perfect your SAT knowledge even more.
Choose from two game modes: survival and classic. In survival mode, you have a certain number of lives; categorize words correctly to avoid losing them. In classic mode, you must race against the clock to build up a large score. Of these two modes, you can choose from two games:
- Synonym Farmer:
Group words that are synonymous to the two words at the bottom. Easy, fun way to quickly build up a large word-base.
- Synonym Protector:
Guide the rocket with your finger to destroy all the words that are synonymous to the word at the bottom of the screen.
The higher your accuracy, the more likely you are to earn streak points, which can send your score to stratospheric heights.
If you prefer to study vocabulary the long way, this app has a built in vocabulary list with over 500 words and their definitions. This list also has advanced search functionality, along with text-to-speech capabilities.