It has high compatibility with the traditional Basic.
The command interactive console of the PC is just realized.
By this one, the existing smartphone will become able to utilize as a portable computer.
It has two execution modes, interpreter mode and speedy intermediate code execution mode.
It is calculated at a rate of about 20 times.
Feature: Simple and thorough language specification.
By definition function, it can use subroutines hierarchically. Recursive call is also possible.
Although a variable is automatic declaration,
There is distinction of global variable and local variable.
Flow processing maintained in block structure is possible.
if endif, while wend, selectcase, break, continue etc.
By exclusive software keyboard, programming is possible only with a smartphone.(With a direction virtual device)
Auxiliary-input and Popup-Help function.
It can also edit from PC via SD card.
Step-Execution-mode & Variable-table.[new]
It has sprite function of variable size, various expression is possible.
By background graphics function of parts unit, scroll expression can also be made easy.
It also has the judgment function of the collision with each sprite and background graphics.
SQLite can be used.(SQL mode change is possible.)
It can use from both Program sauce and Direct command.
The variable of Basic can be used as an original function.
The query result is storable not only in text output but array variable.
Regular expression support.
Various device operations are supported.
Camera photography, GPS sensor, Video playback, Voice recording, Battery residual.
Various sensors. (Orientation,Accelerometer,Proximity,Temperature,Illuminance,Gyroscope,Magnetic,Pressure)
Voice synthesis. (Text To Speech)
Execute external application.
Web page display.
C language conversion save function.
The load function from the network.
The specification program execution function from home screen.
It has various interrupts function.
on (stop, time$, interval, play, touch, error)
Random(binary) & Text file, File operation, Music performance function.
Independent screen composition: Text, Graphics, Background graphics, Sprite and Graphic buffer.
The key assignment function in the model with a hardware keyboard.
It uses immediately after starting.
(input - Fn+'0'key ok.)
Since a sample is loaded from a network, please execution.
GFA-programs should run with only a few changes. Also DOS/QBASIC programmers will feel comfortable.
This implementation is one of the fastest basic interpreters for Android. Programs can be compiled into a platform independant bytecode.
You can directly type in commands and formulas, which are beeing evaluated. This way the interpreter works also as a pocket calculator.
Launcher shortcuts can be placed on the desktop to directly excecute BASIC programs.
Basic programs can be written with any (third party) text editor.
The BASIC programs must be placed into the bas folder (/mnt/sdcard/bas). You can find many more example programs on the X11-Basic homepage: http://x11-basic.sourceforge.net/
The WRITE EXTERNAL STORAGE permission is needed to write to the file system, The COARSE and FINE LOCATION permissions are needed to get the location with the GPS commands. The INTERNET permission is needed for all of the internet i/o functions to work.
- Structured dialect of BASIC so line numbers aren't necessary.
- Subroutines and Functions
- Arrays (Single and Multi-Dimensional).
- Ten Data Types: BOOLEAN, BYTE, SHORT, INTEGER, LONG, FLOAT, DOUBLE, COMPLEX, STRING and VARIANT.
- Trigonometry Functions for Cosine, Sine, Tangents, Cosecants, Secants and Cotangents in Radians and Degrees.
- Hyperbolic Trigonometry Functions for Cosine, Sine, Tangents, Cosecants, Secants and Cotangents.
- Logarithm Functions including:- LOG, LOG10, EXP and EXP10.
- Other maths functions including: RAD2DEG, DEG2RAD, RAD2GRAD and GRAD2RAD.
- File I/O functions including:- OPEN, CLOSE, PUT and GET.
- Time and Date functions including:- NOW, TODAY, TIME, DATE, DATETIME, YEAR, MONTH, DAY, HOUR, MINUTE, SECOND and MILLISECOND.
- String manipulation functions including:- ASC, CHR$, LEFT$, LEN, LOWER$, MID$, RIGHT$, STR$, TRIM$, UPPER$ and VAL.
- Type checking functions.
- Type conversion functions.
- Automatic type conversion.
- Automatic code formatting.
- Arithmetic operators including:- Addition (+), Subtraction (-), Multiplication (*), Division (/), Power (**), Modulus (%) and Unary Minus (-).
- Bitwise arithmetic operators including:- Bitwise AND (&), Bitwise OR (|), Bitwise Exclusive OR (^), Bit complement (~), Left Shift (<<), Right Shift (>>) and Unsigned Right Shift (>>>)
- Relational operators including:- equal to (=), not equal to (<>), less than (<), less than or equal to (<=), greater than (>) and greater than or equal to (>=).
- Logical operators including: - AND, OR and NOT.
- Unlimited parenthesis for mathematical equations.
- DATA and READ statements together with restore points (using label: and RESTORE label).
- Error handling using TRY, CATCH and THROW keywords.
- #include facility which allows inclusion of library files.
- Integrated Help System
- Example programs.
- Graphics Facilities including: SETCOLOR, SETFONT, PLOT, DRAWLINE, DRAWARC, DRAWCIRCLE, DRAWOVAL, DRAWPIE, DRAWRECT, DRAWROUNDRECT, DRAWSTRING, FILLARC, FILLCIRCLE, FILLOVAL, FILLPIE, FILLRECT, FILLROUNDRECT, SAVE, RESTORE, TRANSLATE and ROTATE.
- Touch Screen Facilities
- Support for Location Services
- Support for Accelerometer Sensor
- Support for Ambient Temperature Sensor
- Support for Gravity Sensor
- Support for Gyroscope Sensor
- Support for Light Sensor
- Support for Linear Acceleration Sensor
- Support for Magnetic Field Sensor
- Support for Pressure Sensor
- Support for Proximity Sensor
- Support for Relative Humidity Sensor
- Support for Rotation Vector Sensor
- Support for Temperature Sensor
Note: The Trial/Free Version of Mobile BASIC is limited to small programs - this restriction can be removed via the InApp purchase mechanism on the Extensions Tab.
If you have any queries about this application, find any bugs or would like additional features added then please Email me directly using the link provided on this page.
You can simply select a phrase from a list provided per category and paste it into your email or others.
To launch Basic words, longpress the mode key (Note 1) to display the pop-up window, tap the extension icon (Note 2) to display the extension list, and select Basic words.
You can also add frequently-used phrases such as greetings to any of the existing categories. To add a phrase, start Basic words from the application tray, select Add new under your desired category, and enter the phrase. You can also create a new category by selecting Add category from the options menu.
This application works with POBox Touch 5.0 or later. Use the pre-installed Basic words for older versions of POBox Touch.
Note 1: Bottom left key for switching between Kana mode and Alphabet mode
Note 2: Puzzle piece icon
There is a 100+ page manual available in pdf, docx and html format.
In addition to the traditional Basic features, your have access to:
Graphics (with Multi-touch),
Text to Speech,
Data Structures such as:Array/List/Stack/Bundle
Text and Byte file I/O,
User defined functions,
TCP/IP Client and Server Sockets,
Send and Receive SMS Messages,
Make a phone call,
BASIC! programs may be packaged into applications. There are two processes provided for this. One process generates a home screen shortcut but requires BASIC! installed to run. The other process generates a stand alone application that does not need BASIC! installed. The resulting application can be offered on the Android Market.
All of the features of BASIC! are documented in the manual, De Re BASIC!, which is currently over 150 pages in size.
The install package includes over three dozen BASIC! source code files that explain and demonstrate the implementation details of this dialect.
BASIC! is being continuously improved. Many of the improvements have come from user requests. Also, since BASIC! is open source, others have begun on the code. Join the BASIC! forum and become part of the development team.
Permissions: This application asks for many permissions. None of permissions are exercised by BASIC! on its own. They are only exercised if you, the BASIC! programer, writes a program that exercises them. For example, BASIC! will never intercept a SMS message unless you use the SMS commands in a program that you write.
• use volume button or onscreen buttons to count
• adjust digits with your fingers
• variably adjustable counting interval
• all colors adjustable
• reset counter to any adjustable start value
• current count and all settings are saved when you exit the app
• supported languages: English, German
Your klick on our ads helps us to offer you free apps furthermore.
This app is also available adfree as COUNTER PRO.
GPS Compass shows you distance and direction to geographical location (waypoint) you can define in many ways.
GPS Compass calculates relevant points position by bearing and triangulation then saves the points as waypoints.
You can see the waypoints on a map or you can use the map to define waypoints for navigation.
The Basic version is limited in the number of waypoints you can define, it allows you up to 30 points.
GPS Compass is the basis of the shortcoming Regatta application that adds a lot of feature for sail race navigation.
A pdf version of the user manual can be found here: www.embedia.it/files/gps_compass/man_en_1_0.pdf
Use system menu to add new resource to monitoring list, select the type and time interval between checks. At any time you can change the settings or manually check for a specific host. The corresponding commands are available on the context menu.
App contains additional tools: whois, ping and traceroute, for diagnosing network problems. For these commands there are implemented lists of previously entered addresses, so user does not need to retype them again.
A single slider acts as a selector for the CIDR, the netmask, and to scale the # of hosts needed in your subnet network.
The application is useful for subnetting in tandem with an Android web browser or just for educational purposes. Education is emphasized by real time updating of network, broadcast, netmask, first and last address of the subnet, and the number of usable IPs in several different formats (dotted-decimal, hexadecimal, octal, decimal, binary and decimal). Also there are basic notes.
There is real time updating of output as you change values and move the slider to change the netmask/mask bit. Touching the output will cycle through several different formats. Long presses will enable menus for copying to the clipboard.
IPv4 functionality is finished. IPv6 will follow in an update.
No ads nor special permissions required! Also, this subnet calculator does not suffer from the "there's no dot on my number keyboard" problem.
Concerns? Suggestions? I love feedback. Want to help translate this app to another language?
Please email me at: email@example.com
A simple basic keypad calculator, similar to a small handheld calculator. Easily calculates addition, subtraction, division, multiplication, square root, and percent.
Just a basic calculator for basic calculations and memory functions that works on all Android devices.
- Does Not Require Any Permissions
- No Ads
- Does Not Slow Your Device Down
The operations for this standard calculator are listed below:
M+ = Add to Memory
M- = Subtract from Memory
MR = Memory Recall
C = Clear Current Operation
√ = take the square root function for the value shown
% = use on the last operation on the last value entered
(100 - 22 % = 78; 100 minus 22% of 100 is 78
100 x 22 % = 22; 100 times 22% is 22)
Hope this helps someone! Leave good reviews to keep me going! Thanks!
Basic Tools convinced with 10 practical features:
-Sound level meter
With basic tools you can measure just about anything.
Basic Tools. An all-purpose application that makes your daily life easier.
Create and view the notes from your desktop in a nice looking widget, with configurable colors and text sizes, without need of even opening the app.
This is the first app from the aimlesscreativity project, trying to put some free time to good use!
Please to go to http://www.aimlesscreativity.com and add your comments and suggestions so that we can improve our apps for you.
Basic Notes 0.3.6
- corrected one major bug recently reported
Basic Notes 0.3.5
- can now cancel exiting the editor
- when editing existing note, focus goes automatically to the note text
- added portuguese support
- corrected a few bugs
Basic Notes 0.3.4
- installation in sdcard not properly supported by Android OS (widgets will break if this is done!) so feature was removed
Basic Notes 0.3.3
- added support to xhdpi and and extra letter size for the widgets (larger)
- allows installation in sdcard (not properly supported by Android OS)
Basic Notes 0.3.2
- the icons and selection process for font size and colour were improved
- the possibility to abandon changes was added
- access to the notes creation date is now possible
Basic Notes 0.3.1
- added scrolling functionality in the preview text (for long notes)
- several minor adjustments to the layouts
Basic Notes 0.3.0
- about dialog with version number
- export and import database to and from the SD Card
Basic Notes 0.2.2
- first update
- reduced file size
- corrected resource bug
Basic Notes 0.2.1
- first publication
Big numbers and a big display makes this calculator a joy to use. Makes calculating fun again.
With the calculator, you can:
• Add/subtract/multiply/divide and take percents.
• Enter multiple values before solving, for example 5 x 5 - 22.
• Display history and bring the result of a calculation back from history.
• Store and recall a single entry.
• Erase last buttons pressed.
• Clear entire entry.
• Scroll the result window.
Use it at home, in your office or on the run for on-the-spot calculations. You will never to have to look for a basic calculator again if you have your phone.
You will find this a great replacement for your simple handheld calculator.
Great for beginning students and the math challenged.
It tests the connection by retrieving the main Google page (http://www.google.com) in two different ways:
* An HTTP connection (the type of connection used by the browser and other web apps)
* A basic socket connection (a type of connection used by other apps)
It also logs other information about your device and connection status, such as:
* The network type (WiFi, mobile/EDGE, mobile/HSPA, etc)
* The WiFi SSID or APN
* The device's location (latitude, longitude)
* The cell tower's ids
* The signal strength (from 0 to 4)
* Other information...
You can send yourself a report of the collected data, in several formats (Excel, CSV, HTML, KML, the raw database). The report will also contain a summary of the success rate of the connection tests, per cell tower.
This was developed in collaboration with BoD: http://jraf.org
This app is open source. The code is available on GitHub: https://github.com/BoD/network-monitor/
NOTE 1: This app has not been tested on CDMA devices. If your operator uses CDMA (ex: Verizon Wireless, Sprint, etc), please contact me with any issues before rating the app. I'd be happy to have your feedback :)
NOTE 2: This app is a diagnostic/debugging app which may use a lot of battery.
More from developer
This app was created by Mintoris and does not require the separate Basic Runtime app to work. Only apps created by Mintoris can be built without requiring BasicRuntime.apk to be installed.
Notice that the size of this app is fairly small at 292k. This is the normal size of a small Basic app.
For a small fee you can have Mintoris create an app from your Basic source code that does not require BasicRuntime.apk to be installed. Simply send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.