LockOnMe is a real-time location-sharing app, displaying targets and associated Points Of Interest on maps & fun radars.
It has been designed to ensure flexibility and privacy from the ground up, by replacing the need to set up user accounts with an innovative system of Target IDs and Tracking Codes. Which also means you can use it right away!
You can use LockOnMe either on your own, to locate your parked car or any other Point Of Interest (POI) that you define, or with others, to track their position and/or POIs (meeting points, etc.).
2 main functionalities:
A) POSITION BROADCAST-- transmit your position and POIs "live" using a Target ID & Tracking Code, or send your fixed position by SMS
B) TRACKING-- track targets by entering their Target ID & Tracking Code, either manually or by importing a special SMS containing the tracking details (sent from your target's app). You can also import an SMS containing 1 fixed position (sent from your target's app).
- broadcast your position on and off at your selected interval and define Points Of Interest, using your chosen Target ID & Tracking Code, which you can both change at will and share with whoever you want
- monitor the location and direction of your targets in real time (or at least their latest broadcast position) - as well as their POIs - on a map (either from the app or from the website: lockonmeapp.com/map), Marine Radar or a very special "Motion Tracker"…
- you can send your fixed position from the app via a special SMS message, which can be imported and displayed in another user's app (to save on roaming costs, internet data, etc.)
- location search functionality (based on Google Places)
- your personal information (name, phone ID, social network data, etc.) is never stored nor accessed
- non-intrusive: LockOnMe appears as a notification in the status bar when running
Avoid sharing your Target ID(s) & Tracking Code(s) publicly - unless you wish to be genuinely followed (and found!) by your fans!
Tutorial, tracking map, extra info: www.LockOnMeApp.com