** 8sms is "trial ware". The "trial" period is 14 days. **
** After the "trial" period, ads will appear (but you can continue to use 8sms for as long as you like). You can remove the ads by making an in-app donation: http://8s.ms/removing-ads **
Stock messaging app with useful updates and enhancements.
The latest and best from Android and CyanogenMod.
No bloat. No fuss.
Just a better stock app.
8sms is a port of the Android stock messaging (sms and mms) app with a few extra useful features then added on. The current version is ported from Android 4.4.4 and CyanogenMod 10.2 M1.
• Quick reply pop-ups
• Emoji support
• Optional dark theme
• Clean and no bloat
• Most robust "out-of-the-box" mms support
Paid app and "trial" period
Due to problems with financial viability as a free app, 8sms has now effectively become a "premium" app (via in-app donations) with a free "trial" period.
There is a 14 day trial period for new installs. In the trial period, ads do not appear. After the trial period, ads will appear but if you donate, you can disable the ads: http://8s.ms/removing-ads
Donating the minimum amount listed in "In-app purchases" below is sufficient to disable the ads.
Donations are "remembered" across upgrades and reinstalls. If you update to a future version of 8sms or uninstall and reinstall, 8sms will remember that you have donated.
You only need to donate ONCE. If you ever have a problem with donations not being remembered, please email us for assistance.
The in-app billing permission is used for in-app donations.
Usage (Android 4.3 and earlier)
8sms has two modes: default and Stand-alone mode.
In default mode, please do not disable or remove the messaging app that came with your device as that is still required to receive sms and mms messages. Instead, Turn off notifications for the messaging app that came with your device. Then you won't get two sets of notifications.
In Stand-alone mode, please disable or remove the messaging app that came with your device otherwise every new message will be stored twice.
Usage (Android 4.4 and later)
Please install and make 8sms your default sms app.
If you have a lot of old sms messages, it may take a few minutes for 8sms to load conversations the first time.
If you have issues using this app, please see http://8s.ms/info for helpful information and possible solutions. Sample topics include, for example:
Removing ads: http://8s.ms/removing-ads
Duplicate notifications or messages: http://8s.ms/duplicate-notifications-or-messages
Missing notifications or messages: http://8s.ms/missing-notifications-or-messages
Can't send or receive mms: http://8s.ms/cant-send-or-receive-mms
Dual SIM support: http://8s.ms/dual-sim-support
Then, if you still have issues, please ask for help.
Forum di supporto italiano (Italian language support)
This app requires a wide range of permissions because it is a port of a system app. System apps use a lot of permissions. Full network access is required in order to send (or download) mms using your phone's cellular data (mms) connection.
The "approximate location" permission is used for serving ads. It is not used if ads are disabled.
Compatibility and Feedback
If you install this app on your phone and it does not work, please try the links above.
If they don't help, then please email us via the registered email address of this app. Please be sure to specify your phone model and Android version number, and the version of 8sms you have installed.
Do not hesitate to report any issue by leaving a 5 stars comment !
Source code : https://github.com/slvn/android-aosp-mms
Interested in beta version ?
- Join this community : https://plus.google.com/communities/116458022649785714772
- Accept the beta test : https://play.google.com/apps/testing/fr.slvn.mms
- Wait for the store to propose the beta.
Supports TLS, C/S Certificates, Integrated Authentication
Free version contains Ads
Please send feedback/trouble reports via Menu|Feedback
Tip of the day: use swipe left/right in contact list and conversations
(Well, that and because it looks really cool.)
With Pebble Communicator you can even type your own SMS using Tertiary Text, an input method by vgmoose which allows you to write using only Pebble's three buttons.
You can read more about Pebble Communicator on its website, www.joaopluis.pt/communicator.
*The purpose of this app is to serve a Pebble watchapp. If you don't have a Pebble (or if you don't have the Communicator Pebble app installed), this app will be useless for you. The Pebble app is available at https://apps.getpebble.com/applications/532c923f7c7760a10c000096 .*
* See the last 30 contacts you texted or who texted you
* Read the last SMS in the conversation with a contact
* Reply to a contact, typing with Tertiary Text
* Reply using quick responses written on the phone app
* Check the sent SMS sent status (for the last SMS you sent through Communicator)
* SMS delivery reports (can be turned off on Communicator's Android app)
These apps will handle regular messaging without requiring you and your friends to use the same platform. This is not meant to provide a detailed look at any particular apps, but offer an overview of several popular ones.
Help guide you send images and video, as well as group chat with ease across every major smartphone platform.
Content in this Text Free Apps Review
★ chomp SMS: for those want everything
★ Textra SMS: for Material Design lovers
★ 8sms: for the minimalist types
★ HoverChat: for those who never want to miss a text
★ Handcent SMS: for those who love options and features galore
Whether you want to send instant messages down the hall, or across the world, PinkNotes is an easy, fast, and efficient business IM service, to deal with real-world business requirements.
IMPORTANT: to use PinkNotes your company must first signup for an account at http://www.PinkNotes.com
PinkNotes gives your company a cloud hosted, secure and private, business IM network. It allows in-house employees, remote teams and your clients to collaborate efficiently and safely. PinkNotes enables you with the benefits of IM while removing risk and giving you total control.
PinkNotes can be accessed from any internet enabled location and is fully customizable to fit any company's needs to help employees work together. All communication between users is securely encrypted and completely reliable to use in any type of business.
We invite you to try PinkNotes in your company. You can quickly begin communicating in just a few minutes using many of its unique features, including instant messaging, message logs, urgent messages, send laters, and many more. We believe once you try PinkNotes you will change the way you communicate and work forever.
We could not efficiently run our own business without PinkNotes.
Note: The application will only work in conjunction of a service provided by your service provider. Please contact your service provider for details.
Business Communicator for UC-One provides end-users with a unified communications experience across mainstream mobile and desktop platforms including Windows, Mac, iOS and Android. By seamlessly integrating with BroadWorks and BroadCloud - Business Communicator completes the overall BroadSoft UC solution by allowing operators to easily deploy a single application to access voice, video, instant messaging and presence applications. Operators will appreciate how easy it is to deploy Business Communicator by leveraging server side provisioning and licensing on BroadWorks. End-users will enjoy the freedom to access their services from the device of their choice.
• One Identity - Users have one identify across all services, voice, video and Instant Messaging & Presence
• Access from any device - Access all of your communications services from any device, including your desk phone, desktop, laptop, mobile or tablet
• Synchronization - All communications preferences and contacts as well as their contact information are synchronized across devices
• High-Definition Voice and Video - Voice and video calls are enhanced with the highest quality voice
• Seamless Transition - Users can start a call on their desk phone — and seamlessly move to their mobile device
• User Experience – enjoy integrated audio, video, chat, as well as other usability features such as My Room, groups, filters, location, favorites and active communications.
Adding contacts and starting chats is immediate and painless, no more typing phone numbers, filling in names, or struggling to assemble a group chat with the people around you. Lynk also works with phone contacts.
Lynk's state of the art hyperlocal detection technology is the first of its kind. It doesn't drain your battery and is instant and reliable in any setting. It can detect other phones whether they are active or asleep.
Because Lynk keeps a history of the people you've seen, you never need to worry about missing the chance to get someone's contact info or business card again. Send a contact request whenever it's convenient for you.
Lynk is absolutely secure. All of your information is encrypted on your phone and over the wire as it traverses the internet. Our servers do not store ANY of your messages, and we believe in respecting user privacy above all else.
Coupled with Mitel’s award-winning presence engine, Mitel UC Advanced Mobile uses location-based services – GPS and Bluetooth – natively present in the Android smartphone to automatically update your location status and call routing preferences.
UC Advanced Mobile for Android empowers mobile users to:
• Click-to-dial from your corporate contact list to place calls through your corporate network including with the new SIP Softphone over WiFi® or 4G networks
• Hand-off calls between the phones within your Mitel personal ring group
• Automatically update your presence status and call routing preferences with location-based GPS, Bluetooth, and network services, or based on time of day
• View your office extension incoming, outgoing and missed calls history
• Access visual voicemail from your office extension and manage messages by preference rather than sequence
Visit http://www.mitel.com/ucadvanced for additional information.
Mitel Unified Communications Server or Mitel Application Suite (MAS) and appropriate licenses required. For additional information please contact your IT manager, your Mitel representative, or Mitel directly at http://www.mitel.com/ucamobile_android/form.
Disclaimer: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. UCA Mobile SIP Softphone is also supported on 3G networks where allowed by the wireless carrier.
• INSTANT MESSAGING: Your unique Trillian username can be used to send unlimited messages free of charge. Trillian uses your existing data plan and/or WiFi.
• ANYWHERE: Trillian's continuous client feature delivers your chats instantly between all of your connected devices. In addition, Trillian automatically silences push notifications on mobile devices if you're active on a desktop - no more dealing with a phone buzzing on your desk all day!
• SIMPLE: Trillian places a strong emphasis on fast and reliable message delivery and a beautiful, easy-to-use interface.
• SECURE: All communication with Trillian servers uses TLS to ensure third-parties can't read your chats.
• INTEROPERABLE: Of course, Trillian wouldn't be Trillian without support for Facebook Chat, MSN, GTalk, AIM, ICQ, Yahoo!, and Jabber.
Avaya Communicator for Android 2.0 integrates your Android smartphone with your Avaya Aura® communications environment and delivers VoIP calling, cellular call integration, instant messaging, presence, visual voicemail, corporate directory access and enterprise call logs for mobile users.
New in Release 2.1
• Instant Messaging and multi-media file sharing with archival/retrieval using Avaya Multimedia Messaging service
• Mid-call features including Consultative Transfer and Aura CM Ad-hoc Conferencing
• SIP Feature Buttons for Send All Calls, Extend Call and Call Forward features
• SIP Multiple Device Access (MDA) Active Appearance Select to Join call in progress using mobile
• Basic Session Manager (SM) Failover
• VoIP Call Recovery attempt when changing networks
• VoIP to Cellular Voice call handoff using Extend Call feature
• Additional one-X Client Enablement Services (CES) feature support including
o User setting for BLA handling
o Enable Administrator settings for Enforceable Login and Restricting local storage
• Administrator enforceable settings using auto-configuration file
Some Key Features:
• VoIP calls – Lower your mobile service charges by making VoIP calls over Wi-Fi or mobile data networks
• Conceal Your Mobile Phone Number - Calls made with Avaya Communicator are handled by your office communication system and will display your office calling line ID, not your mobile phone number
• Cellular Voice integration – If VoIP isn’t your best option, then traditional cellular voice service can be used and calls will still be routed through your office communication system
• Single Number Contact – Choose to have incoming office calls ring on your Android phone and/or any other phone you may want to use
• Visual voicemail – Enables you to see who left you a voice message and when it arrived. Messages can be played in any order.
• Presence status – View the Presence status of colleagues
• 24X7 call logs shows all office line call activity regardless of which device was used or when calls arrived
• Corporate Directory Integration – Search for corporate contacts and create a list of favorites
English (US, UK), Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Korean, French, German, Italian, Russian, Spanish, Portuguese
Supported Android OS Versions:
• Android 4.0.3+
Tested on these Devices:
• Samsung Galaxy S3, S4, S5
• Samsung Note 2,3
• HTC One-S
• LG G2
• Sony Xperia Z1
Note: Avaya Communicator for Android is designed for use with a wide range of Android 4.0.3+ devices not included in this list.
• Avaya Aura 6.2 FP3 (SIP) – enables VoIP calling
• EC500 R9 – enables EC500 FNE autodialing
• one-X CES 6.2.x – enables call back, visual voicemail, corporate directory search, 24x7 call logs and presence
For addition details including User and Administration Guides, please visit https://support.avaya.com
CommandWear is designed to work with a public safety agency’s existing technology (e.g. desktops, laptops, tablets and smart phones). There are three components to the platform.
• The HUB is a highly scalable, secure server for tracking and logging all movement and communication.
• The Commander App runs on tablets or desktops and provides situational awareness in the field or operations center.
• The Communicator App (this app) runs on the smartphone of the First Responder.
The Communicator App provides a local view of the situation for each responder, including:
• An intuitive and simple interface for receiving and sending messages;
• Simple one-touch acknowledgement of messages to assure communications;
• Real-time location-based information to enhance the safety of first responders;
• Take/upload picture(s)/video(s), have them displayed on the Commander's map;
• Pebble support - Use the Pebble Communicator app to have notifications and responses on your wrist;
The Communicator App works with smartwatches which give first responders tactile feedback of incoming messages improving communications in noisy conditions or when responders are unable to reach their phones.
The Communicator App requires a userid from CommandWear. In order to get a userid, contact CommandWear at CommandWear.com.
Tracking can be turned on/off in the app, and can use the GPS while in the background. Tracking can also be turned on/off by the Commander App. Depending on the frequency of use, this can decrease battery life.