Linux Server Monitor allows you to monitor any Linux Server and shows you information about the remote server, always keeping in mind connection and data security.
Unlike most applications, YOU DON'T HAVE TO INSTALL ANYTHING ON THE SERVER. Connection will be securely made by SSH. You just need a user who can execute commans listed below:
- date, hostname, cat, grep, uname, ifconfig, fdisk, df, ps, sensors (lm-sensors package). hddtemp (hddtemp package)
- Secure SSH connections. You can handle server fingerprints.
- Encrypted database. You lost your phone? Don't worry, no one can access your data.
- Choose which services you want to monitor. When the application detects a stopped service, it will show you a notification.
- You can set update frequency.
- Check for information about the server: Net configuration, hdds, CPU, motherboard & HDD temperature, services in execution, partitions...
Next version goals:
- Add your own services to monitor (by now, there's a predefined list)
- Monitor servers using SSH tunneling (bypass firewalls)
- Receive alerts about high temperature or full disk drivers (at the moment you can check but not monitor that)
- Start/Stop/Restart services remotely