** Unfortunately due to a complete change in how silent mode works in Android 5.0 Lollipop, as well as other framework changes which causes Silence to crash, this version of Silence is only compatible with Android versions up to and including Android 4.4 KitKat. We will be releasing an all-new version of Silence for Lollipop once we get our hands on it. Apologies for the inconvenience and thanks for all of your continued support. **
With this app, never again will you have to worry about silencing your phone during that important meeting, or even missing calls and texts later in the day because you forgot to turn the volume back up. Simply put in your schedule, choose your toggles, and forget about it. Let us do all the work for you.
- Simple, intuitive Holo-themed interface
- Schedule events that occur once, or repeat on certain days of the week
- ...or, use your events from the calendar on your device*!
- Change your ringer, notifications**, media, or alarm volumes over scheduled intervals
- Turn Wi-fi, Bluetooth, mobile data***, and airplane mode**** on and off
- Change your settings back automatically when the scheduled event ends
The permissions requested are required to be able to change the state of your phone automatically. The ad-supported, free version of Silence uses internet permissions only to display advertisements. We do not collect any data from you.
Feel free to contact us with any suggestions, concerns, or feedback! If one of the toggles isn't working for you, please send us an email with your phone model and Android version so we can fix it!
* Calendar support only in Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) and up. We are working on support for older devices!
** Notification volume and ringer volume are combined in Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) and up. If you are running a custom ROM which splits them back into separate volumes, check the appropriate option in the settings menu to set each volume separately.
*** Mobile data toggling is only supported on Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) and up. This toggle is in BETA so unfortunately does not support the "change back" option for now. If you find this toggle does not work on your device, please email us with your phone model and Android version so we can fix it!
*** Airplane mode is not supported in Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean r2) and up.
Things to look forward to:
- The ability to select "all events," "busy/available" events, or events with certain keywords on specific calendars
- The ability to create preset toggle profiles
- The ability to "whitelist" certain contacts, so that their calls always come through no matter what the phone is set to
- A homescreen widget which allows for quick activation of a preset profile
- An option for 24-hour format
- Other suggestions from our users!
** Unfortunately, we cannot support GPS toggling on any Android version nor airplane mode on 4.2+. Access to these settings are restricted to system apps, even when rooted. **
tags: silence, ringer, notification, notifications, alarm, media, music, game, volume, silent, vibrate, mode, blue, tooth, bluetooth, wi, fi, wi-fi, wifi, airplane, data, mobile, 4g, 3g, 2g, automatic, automatically, google, calendar, interval, time, schedule, scheduler, scheduled, toggle, setting, settings, time, silencer
It also comes with a “Smart Contact” list. Suppose you want to silence all incoming calls except some of your important and dear calls. Just put those contact in “Smart Contact” and enable “Smart Silent Mode” from settings.
[MENU-->SETTINGS-->Enable Smart Silent Mode]
All incoming calls will remain silent during silent mode except the contacts mentioned in “Smart Contact”. During “Smart Silent Mode” enabled it overrides the system silence policy and rings loudly for incoming calls, for the contacts mentioned in “Smart Contact”.
Imagine yourself in a situation when you are driving home in your car and don’t want to be disturbed by unnecessary calls. But obviously you also cannot afford to miss your most important calls by putting your mobile in silent mode. In such scenario Smart Silent Manager comes to your rescue. Just activate the application, put those important contacts in “Smart Contact” list and put your mobile on car dashboard with its face inverted. Now you can drive home safely and you will be only notified when your important contacts will be making a phone call to you.
As this application is still in Beta period, there may occur some error with some devices. Please report any such error so that this app can be made better in future with your help and support.
If have any queries or feedback regarding this application,
Please mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Atul K Y
When the phone is in silent or vibrate mode and a person calls a few times in quick succession it is probably a call that you don't want to miss. Smart Silent identifies those important or emergency calls and lets the phone ring at full volume when that person calls. This also comes in quite handy to find a misplaced phone.
Hope you find it useful.
Smart Silent Team
★Featured on LifeHacker, RedmondPie, and AndroidTapp★
SmartSilence is a new silent mode scheduling app that allows you to easily plug in times during the week you want your phone to be silenced or on vibrate. When that time is over, the phone will simply go back into the mode it was in before. Plug in your work hours, your class hours, and any meetings, and the app will do the rest for you, every week. You can deactivate any of the schedules at any time with the click of a button.
Most importantly, SmartSilence was designed to be easy to use, with a simple and easy to look at interface. Create your silent schedule with no second-guessing or having to look at a Help menu.
NOTE: If you are having any issues with the schedule not activating, it is most likely because your phone has been turned off since you started the schedule, which cancels the schedules. This will be fixed in a future update, but all it takes for now is simply opening up the app after the phone is turned back on. Once the app is opened it will sync the phone back with all silence schedules again automatically.
What is in the Pro version?
SmartSilence Pro includes the ability to add one-time events as well, such as an interview or a one-time meeting. Plug it into the app while you are thinking about it, that way you don't have to make yourself try to remember to turn the phone on silence when the time comes. Once the event passes, it automatically deletes it from your schedule.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Q: How can I set a silent schedule for overnight?
A: If you set a schedule with an end time that is before the beginning time, the schedule is created to go overnight. As an example: if you want the phone to silence every Tuesday night from 10pm to every Wednesday morning at 8am, you set the schedule to Tuesdays (not Wednesdays) from 10pm to 8am. In the schedule list view, it will say (overnight) by the time to indicate the schedule will go overnight.
Q: The app says 'Click to get started' with an arrow that points to the settings menu. How do I create a schedule?
A: This is a bug with devices with smaller screens that also have their firmware updated to 4.0+. The arrow should be pointing to a '+' button. Simply press the menu button on your device and press 'Add' to bypass this until this is fixed with the next update.
**Android 5.0 Lollipop is mostly fixed. I have no way to set the priority, so this is the best it gets for now.
This is designed to match my Simple Call Forwarding widget as well as the Signals Widget.
This application is included with my other toggles in my Premium Widget pack available for purchase in one convenient download!
HOW TO ADD: Long-press on the home screen -> Add Widget -> Silent Mode Widget.
Silent! can automatically enable or disable your mobile's silent mode through a simple and friendly interface.
Let the Silent! be part of your routine and never again find yourself in an awkward situation because your phone started ringing at classes, workplace, movie theaters, meetings and even at bedtime. With Silent! you will be able to:
- Set your phone's weekly ring schedule;
- Select places at which your mobile phone should not ring;
- Add exceptions for important callers;
- Silence your phone at a specific time;
- Perform an automatic backup;
And all it takes is just a few taps.
Languages: Chinese, English, French, Greek, Portuguese (Brazil) and Russian.
*Extra feature can be bought within the application.
Besides all these features, you still have a support team ready to assist you and listen your suggestions by E-mail, Facebook, Twitter or Google+.
Switches from normal to silent/mute just by clicking the app icons.
From silent/mute to vibrate again just by clicking the app icon. And finally from vibrate to normal just by... ;)
If your device has no vibrator, this app simply toggles between normal and silent/mute.
!!! Your current sound profile can be seen in the title bar!!!
Ad-free, does not need any §$"§$% permissions
Turn your phone on silent mode for a period of time.
When you silence your phone by using the volume buttons you'll be able to tell when the ringer will be back on.
Useful when going to a movie, attending a meeting or when sleeping. Simply set the phone to automatically come out of the silent mode afterwards.
- extremely intuitive and easy to use
- can be launched by using the volume buttons
- silence for a given period or until a given time
- possibility to put the phone in silent mode indefinitely
Silence your phone for a while!
Don't miss calls anymore. Let the app remember when to go out of silent mode.
- GET_TASKS (retrieve running apps): In specific scenarios some applications are intentionally muting the ringer. Silent Mode needs to know if those applications are running so it's not interfering with them.
We cannot respond to user reviews. For general inquiries or to report bugs please contact as by email.
Visit us at http://silentmo.de
Are you tired of waking up in the middle of the night because you got a new text message or phone call?
Silent Hours will mute the audio on your device every day during the periods you set.
Additional options for when sound is muted:
- Mute games, music etc.
- Enable vibration
- Lock the volume to muted, to avoid accidental changes
- Lower brightness to desired level (saves previous level)
- Disable the notification light
- Unmute the sound on incoming call. The sound will be muted again when the call is ended
You can also choose to mute games and music, as well as to enable vibration.
The service keeps running even if you reboot your device.
You can also set a quick mute period, for unscheduled events.
Please note that if you set audio to be muted or reenabled before the current time, this will be done at the time you set, the next day.
Want to become a beta tester? Great! Start by joining this community: https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/104836627274390925054
For suggestions about added and altered functionality and bug reports, please use mail (or the dedicated community) rather than setting low score reviews, this makes it easier for me to overview and enables me to reply to you.
Languages: English, Swedish, Russian (thanks to ViNNNtalik@XDA), German (thanks to dert07)
RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED: Needed to start service when device starts
READ_PHONE_STATE: Needed to detect incoming calls to temporarily reenable sound
WRITE_SETTINGS: Needed to set display brightness setting
Keywords: Silence, silent, quiet, mode, night, sleep, mute
Several features set this app apart from others in the category. This application was written with security in mind. As such, it requires just a few permissions to read user's contacts, calendar and to send and receive SMS. Most other apps require network permissions, and some need access to SD storage, which allows them to transfer any of the personal data from the phone unnoticed. This app can't do that, so you can rest assured that your personal data is safe.
This app offers a lot more than Do Not Disturb Mode on the iPhone or Samsung’s Blocking Mode:
* It can silence the phone for the night and/or during office hour, meetings or calendar appointments
* Instant silent mode timer can be started with just 1 click,
* Instant timer can also be activated via the widget by the volume bar
* It can keep the phone on silent + vibrate all day and go completely silent for the night
* It mutes phone calls and all audible notifications during quiet time, except alarms
* Day and night time schedule can be programmed separately for each day of the week
* Calendar selection is configurable, and only Busy events are muted
* Supported calendars include Google calendars, Exchange
* SMS and call exceptions are supported while the phone is muted
* You can allow separate groups of contacts to ring at night and/or during the day
* Enable Emergency mode to let repeated calls from the same number ring
* Use No Exceptions mode to block calls from allowed contacts for the duration of an important meeting
* Use Respond via SMS to let the caller know to call back again if it's urgent
* Optionally disable Bluetooth handsfree during quiet time
* Cancel mute when you wake up early or the meeting ends early
Certain Samsung phones have issues with vibrate mode. If your phone doesn't vibrate when you enable vibration in this Do Not Disturb app, change vibration settings in your phone's system settings/sounds menu.
Please don't block this app's notifications on your phone, it can cause the app to not work correctly. Also note that if you have a task killer/booster type of app installed on your device, add this Do Not Disturb app to the list of exceptions. Finally, make sure you don't have other apps that manipulate the speaker running at the same time.
AndroidCentral - http://www.androidcentral.com/apps-week-sorcery-crazy-taxi-imsa-and-more
AndroidPit - http://www.androidpit.com/do-not-disturb-blocking-mode
TwitTv - http://twit.tv/show/all-about-android/162
This app was previously called Silence Scheduler Premium.
GREEN - vibrate and sound enabled
YELLOW - vibrate only
RED - no sound and vibrate
Toggle Widgets Pack - Wifi, GPS, Bluetooth, Silent, Auto Rotate, Brightness, Airplane Widgets, 2G/3G
Toggle Widgets Panel - new app!!!
This free app is ad supported. This is one way to support our development efforts and keep this and other apps free. If you prefer an ad free version look for the QuietTime Pro version.
PERMISSIONS: Internet access for ads
Email for questions, requests or bugs.
keywords: ring volume, silence, quiet, , turn off silent mode, silencer,ringer restore, sound, unsilence phone, ringer, silent restore, sleep timer, timer, snooze, silent mute, auto-restore, ringer
Smart Switch gives you the freedom to move your contacts, music, photos, calendar, text messages, device settings and more to your new Galaxy device. Plus, Smart Switch™ helps you find your favorite apps or suggest similar ones on Google Play™.
Who can transfer?
• Android™ owners - using wireless device-to-device transfer
• iOS™ owners - use the option that’s best for you:
o Wired transfer from your iOS device to your Galaxy
o Import from iCloud™
o PC/Mac transfer using iTunes™
• Blackberry™ and Nokia™ (Symbian™) owners – PC transfer using Blackberry/Nokia backup software
What can be transferred?
Contacts, calendar, text messages, photos, music (DRM free content only, Not supported for iCloud), videos (DRM free content only), call logs, memos, alarms, Wi-Fi settings, wallpapers (Android only)
Note: Smart Switch scans and transfers content stored on the device and from the SD card (if used).
What is needed to transfer?
• Android transfer:
o From Android device with Android 4.0 or higher (Wi-Fi Direct)
• iOS transfer:
o Wired transfer: iOS 5.0 or above, iOS device cable (lightning or 30 pin), USB On-the-Go (OTG) cable (What is a USB OTG cable?
o iCloud transfer: iOS 4.2.1 or higher and Apple ID
o iTunes transfer: Smart Switch PC/Mac software – Get started http://www.samsung.com/smartswitch
• Blackberry and Nokia: Smart Switch for PC/Mac software: Get started http://www.samsung.com/smartswitch
Note: For more information, and step by step directions go to http://www.samsung.com/smartswitch
What devices are supported?
Galaxy: Recent All Galaxy Mobile/Tablet Device (From Galaxy S2)
Note: For Galaxy S2, old OS (GB/ICS) version can cause incompatibility. If your S2 does not work properly, please try after firmware update.
• HTC®: One X, X+, S, SV, V, Butterfly, Desire X, 500, EVO 4G
• LG®: Optimus G, L9, 4X HD, L5, L7, Nexus 4 E960, G2, G3
• Sony®: XPERIA Z, Z1, TL, V, ZR, Acro HD, Go, E dual, E
• Huawei™: C8813, T8951, ASCEND G52
• Lenovo ™: A798T, A789, S720
• Motorola®: DROID RAZR, RAZR Mini, RAZR Maxx, ATRIX III
Simply set a start and end time with Silent Sleep and it will mute and unmute your phone accordingly.
To ensure that the alarm clock is not effected: open Alarm Clock > Settings > Alarm in Silent mode