### IMPORTANT! ###
YOU NEED A ROOTED, CUSTOM ROM FOR THIS THEME TO WORK.
KITKAT USERS: please make sure you have the new 4.4.3 Dialer and Contacts.
DOES NOT SUPPORT LOLLIPOP! The new version of android is radically different and requires a whole new theme.
Please check out the free beta version first, this app is to show support for the development of the theme. Thanks!
By popular demand: HoloGlass Donate version!
If you like the HoloGlass theme, and want even MORE glass or to show your support for development, this theme is for you. It will also get priority for updates, and quicker responses for issues or suggestions.
All proceeds directly support making more themes!
Thank you very much! Your support really means a lot to me.
You can follow the development on XDA: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2179705
HoloGlass - Google's UI, Elevated...
This theme turns your apps transparent, letting your background shine through! Works great with Live Wallpapers too.
If have issues installing, see bugs or notice anything weird, EMAIL me with a screenshot, so I can troubleshoot. It works better than submitting a bad review. (Or go to the XDA link below) This theme is still a work in progress (Beta), and many things are still a little funny.
It is designed to work on XHDPI for now. I will gradually add support for HDPI and Tablet devices, but I am focusing on the one resolution at the moment.
This theme has been tested with official versions of CM10.1 - CM11, AOKP, Carbon, and PA, but should work with similar roms.
- Make sure you're on a custom ROM with Theme Chooser
Once you've downloaded/installed the theme:
- Apply system theme and reboot
- Apply "HoloGlass"
- Reboot and enjoy!
If you receive an error that the Theme was incorrectly compiled, revert to the system theme, reboot, and apply HoloGlass again. It will work, I promise!
### PLEASE READ: ###
- DO NOT MOVE TO SDCARD (or else it will revert on stock after each reboot)
- Reboot after applying the theme is REQUIRED
- For the statusbar and navbar transparencies, your Rom needs to support it, like ParanoidAndroid, AOKP, or some custom versions of CM10.1 (The official branch does not include this transparency support)
WHAT YOU GET:
- Phone & Contacts (temporarily removed in 4.4)
- Any app that uses the default Holo theme
- Translucent statusbar icons (best on transparent status bar)
- Glass-ey notification tray and QS toggles
- Nova (changes the "shadow" to the same transparency setting as the Holo theme)
- Plenty of stuff that might look weird / inconsistent because it is a beta
- Themed apps
- and more!
Bonus Note: Nova launcher users who also have a ROM with launcher navbar transparancy settings:
You can set the launcher to the same transparency as the system apps:
In Nova Settings -> Desktop, check the Show Shadow box.
The transparency value is #50000000 or 31%, depending on your ROM.