• Minimal propriety format
• Effortless and robust Dropbox
• Efficient offline search
• Filters for memory jogging and note discovery
• Stock Android user interface: lightweight, fast, accessibility compliant
• Engineered to be compact yet feature-rich
• No ads
• No in-app purchases
Rated 4 out of 5 stars by AndroidTapp, listed as one of the best apps of the month
Minutes is a lightweight and fast text editor with special emphasis on facilitating the note taking workflow and the note discovery process. By avoiding the use of proprietary data, it keeps your note data (UTF-8) as independent from the app as possible. Background Dropbox sync makes your saved notes consistently available across platforms via the cloud (unlike conventional cloud storage based file editors). Frequently tested and refined by the developer's own extensive daily use, Minutes leverages the existing Android user interface elements and acquires only the system resources essential for your note taking tasks. Even there is no one size fits all note taking app, Minutes is uniquely customizable and fine-tunable, making it easy to balance features with performance. By adhering to the principle of using no more resources than necessary, Minutes is just as low profile as a note taking app can get.
★ Offline search
★ Markdown toolbar
★ 2-way background sync with Dropbox (vs on-demand sync)
★ Export notes to SD card (Pro version: scheduling support)
★ Lockscreen widget
★ Handy note filters
★ Editor tools:
☆ Date and time stamp
☆ Go to top/bottom within a note
☆ Paste special
☆ In-note local find
☆ Batch replace
☆ Integrated web search
☆ Highlighted search results
☆ Revert unsaved changes
★ Controls over memory/CPU intensive features
★ Accessibility support
★ Language support: European Spanish (Natxo Núñez) and Chinese.
More ways to integrate Minutes into your note taking activities by upgrading to PRO:
★ Search by voice
★ Auto save
★ Metadata (can be used as tags)
★ Text to speech (language support based on devices)
★ Location based note filters
★ Widget customization
★ Customizable time and location stamps
★ Quick navigate to the last editing position
★ Day and Night theme
★ QR/barcode insertion (camera equipped devices only)
★ Dictionary lookup (requires ColorDict)
★ Scheduled export to SD card
★ Multiple Markdown parsers
★ Render simple mathematics formula with LaTeX like syntax (experimental, may not work on OEM Android like TouchWiz, Android 4.4 required)
★ Additional Markdown symbols
★ Integrated search and replace tool
★ Print/Save to PDF (requires Android 4.4)
★ Tasker support (experimental)
More about the app:
1. A Dropbox account is required to use this app. Only minimum permissions will be used to access the Dropbox account.
2. Minutes is not designed to be used as a collaboration tool and does not provide conflict resolution over what Dropbox provides (https://www.dropbox.com/help/36). multiple devices to simultaneously edit a file is beyond the scope of this app.
3. Google Analytics is used in this app solely for the gathering of crash reports. This app does not and will not gather personal data.
4. Location data will only be used for location stamp and location based note search. Location function is off by default.
Using Eisenhower's method, the app categorizes your activities and, with his native client available for iOS, Android, Windows Phone and PC (Windows, Mac OS X and Linux), you can't lose them around.
needs the dropbox app installed more informations can be found at http://eisenhowersnotes.giovannidefrancesco.eu.
- Just open apMemo and instantly you are ready to take notes;
- Simply jot down handwritten notes with your finger or stylus;
- Type text notes;
- Draw pictures or schemes;
- Sketch and scribble;
- Draw over any image or photo;
- Enter a checklist and mark or strike the items out like you'd do on paper;
- Export notes;
- Share notes via Facebook, Twitter, GMail, Dropbox, and other apps;
- Easily select pen size and color for the notes;
- Set notes reminder with just a couple of taps;
- Move between the notes back and forth;
- Use a thumbnail notes view to quickly switch to another note;
- No need for a backup: notes are stored on the memory card;
- Take as many notes as you want - the number of notes is unlimited;
- Put your notes on the Home screen, like sticky notes, using apMemo widget.
apMemo is the easiest, fastest, and the most convenient way to create notes, memos and reminders!
Please note: even though apMemo can be installed on the SD card, this is not recommended, as it may cause some issues. The widgets in Android do not work in this case, and sometimes reminders may have problems due to the SD card being unavailable.
"Modify/delete SD card contents" permission is needed to store notes on the SD card.
"Prevent phone from sleeping" permission is needed to let reminders work.
"Control vibrator" permission is needed to vibrate on reminders.
"Automatically start at boot" permission is required only to quickly restore the previously set reminders on reboot. The application does not stay running after that.
If you have any questions or comments, please do not hesitate to contact us by emailing to email@example.com. Unfortunately Google Play does allow to respond to the comments here, so please contact the developer directly.
text selection function tips:
simply move the cursor to the start of the selection, long press the text area(or the first icon button in the edit menu), then move the cursor to the end of the selection, then long press the text area(or the first icon button in the edit menu), you can get the text selected. if you long press the text area (or the first icon button in the edit menu) again you can select all the text. when you select the text the number of text you selected will show in the toast.
v12.1,v12.2 fix fc and bugs
Add delete button to the history and task list. Access this function by swipe the list to the left/right outside area
Add sort function to the file list . Access this function by long press the file on the list for over 1 second then swipe up or down
Fix some FC in regarding to file list.
...details see the pro version
Add delete file function you can delete the file you are reading
Add Pin it function you can pin your current file on to the home screen widget(To Do List widget)
Change the way of display Ad, avoid pop out activity, make the program a real window note pad.
Provide option of dismiss Ad for three minutes (consider it is not a ebook reader, I think the time is enough for generally read through files. Let me know if you have any advise at the moment still working how to only show the ad on one window only )
* Easily create and share your notes
* Sync your notes with Dropbox
* Set up reminders for your notes
* Pin your important notes to Home screen
* Minimalistic ICS-style user interface
* Multi-language support; English, French, Italian and Portuguese
* Enhanced tablet support
PROVIDE FEEDBACK to help improve and enrich the app usability and features!
If you have any issue loading the app please UNINSTALL then RE-INSTALL.
- Optional automatic saving of documents
- Sharing in and out of the application
- Optional spell check support
- Minimal, clean interface
- Quick and easy to use
- Custom themes
- Support for large files (tested with 10 mb file)
- History of recent documents
- Multiple character set encoding options
BETA NOTE: Please note this is currently in beta. If you have any major issues please send an email or post on the forums.
Forum post: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2056976
"Just like the desktop version of Dropbox, Dropsync supports true two-way data synchronization." --New York Times
"Take a picture on your phone and watch as it’s already waiting for you on your laptop when you get home." --phandroid .com
"I bought 5 other apps like this one, but this is the only one that didn't crash while synchronizing my large Photo & Video folder" --Dropsync user
"Must have app. Now my phone - computer - tablet are one!" --Dropsync user
✓ Full two-way sync. Just like Dropbox on desktop
✓ Instant upload: new files (for example photos) are uploaded to Dropbox immediately
✓ Very efficient, consumes almost no battery if there is no change detected and will not slow down your phone either
✓ Very easy to set up. Once set up files will be kept in sync without any effort from users
✓ Works reliably under ever changing network conditions on your phone
✓ Monitors battery level, WiFi/3G/4G/WiMax connectivity and adapts its behavior according to user preferences
✓ Configurable autosync interval: 15 minutes, 30 minutes, every hour,...
✓ Tasker/Locale plugin to allow power users to define sophisticated sync schedules and conditions
✓ Many sync modes. Not only two-way, you can also choose Upload only, Upload then delete, Download only, Download mirror,...
✓ Compact code size, memory efficient, no fancy graphics, no useless animation. We have enough bloatware. Do one thing and do it best
Beware that there are many apps out there which claim doing sync but in fact what they do is one-way dumb upload or download.
Dropsync provides the essential feature, two-way sync, which should be in the official Dropbox for Android since the beginning. For whatever reason it wasn't and still isn't. Now you have it.
If you are a serious Dropbox user and want more flexibility, please consider upgrading to PRO version.
PRO FEATURES INCLUDE
✓ Sync multiple folders
✓ Sync the whole Dropbox with a folder on your phone or tablet
✓ Upload large files, from 10 MB to several GB
✓ Smart Change Detection. Super fast method to determine file changes that need to be synced
✓ No ads
KW: Dropbox sync, Dropbox backup, offline Dropbox, Dropbox downloader, Dropbox uploader, media sync, music sync, mp3 sync, photo sync, file sync, foldersync, two-way sync, instant upload, photo upload, video upload, Tasker plugin, Locale plugin, Locale plug-in
Coming soon: a web version of Notes!
• Password protection
• Sync & share notes
• Organize using notebooks
• Clear user interface
• Supports English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Dutch and Russian
- Powerful note editor with rich text formatting styles (bold, italic, underline, and strikethrough)
- Highly customizable note text sizes and colors
- Semi-transparent memo widgets for putting your notes on your homescreen
- Sync and backup with cloud storage using your own Dropbox account (free and optional; StyleNote does not depend on any online service)
- Bullet-point list / todo-list / checklist support
- Flow view of all your notes: an overview of all notes in one place - more than just a list of note titles (optional)
- Note organization with custom notebooks / folders
- Custom-scope note search
- Optional date/time display
- Custom note ordering (you can move any note up / down and have your own ordering of notes)
- Automatic note sorting by note title, last modified time, or creation time
- Easy note sharing / sending
- Password lock for your private notebooks
- Automatic regular backup for your important notebooks
If you need help with StyleNote, you can check the FAQ and ask questions in our user forums. You are also welcome to suggest new features and talk about anything there:
- Fast and easy to use
- Write as many pages as you want, keep all your ideas in one single notepad
- Automatic backup with restore points + backup preview
- Copy, cut and paste
- Change the text color
- Add tags to your notepads
- Text align: left, center, right
- Create notes using and existing one as a template
- Change the note configuration at any time
- 6 exclusive high quality designs (24 in PRO version)
- Send your notes by SMS, email or even to your Dropbox :)
- Backup your notes by sending them to your email
- 3 font sizes: Small, Medium and Large (4 in PRO version)
- 7 different widget sizes: 1x1(S), 2x1, 2x2(M), 3x2, 3x3(L), 4x2, 4x4(XL)
- Add a shortcut in the notification bar to access quickly to all your notes
Exclusive PRO features:
* 24 exclusive notepad designs
* Save and load backup file from the SD card
* XL font size
* Send your notes to Evernote (if installed) with just one click
* Create notes at any time from the notification bar -> Very useful to write down your ideas while using other apps like the internet browser :)
The upgrade to obtain the new features is made as an in-app purchase. No need to install a new application :)
Q: How do I add a widget to the homescreen Android 2.x?
A: Once installed, go to your Android home screen/desktop, then, press for 2 or 3 seconds on any empty space. You will notice the "Widgets" option. Click on it and select "Easypad". You can choose between several widget sizes.
Q: When I try to create a note, I can only see a color selection screen. How to continue?
A: When creating a new note, in the note color selection screen, scroll down until seeing a button with a green "OK" symbol. Sometimes, in smaller screens, having so many options will hide it.
Q: How can I backup my notes?
A: Select any note -> Menu -> Backup
Q: Why is it not possible to move the app to the SD card?
A: Applications that make use of homescreen widgets cannot be moved to the SD card. If the SD card is unmounted, the widgets will stop working.
Q: I have purchased the PRO version but I need to install the application again. I am going to pay for it again?
A: Absolutely not. The purchase is made through the Android Market application which will "remember" all the purchases made using your account. Just press the "Get PRO" button to activate it again :)
Many notepad apps are messy, and show too much information. I mean, we just want to take notes right? Notable shows the menus only when you need them, then they disappear!
Notable syncs with your Dropbox account so that your notes are stored safely in the cloud, as well as allowing you to edit your notes on your other Android devices!
If you have any questions, suggestions, or issues, please contact me! I will be happy to help.
As seen on Lifehacker:
"Extensive Notes Is a Ridiculously Full Featured Note-Taking App for Android"
** Look for Extensive Notes in the October print edition of Inc. Magazine **
** If you prefer a more simplistic interface check out classic notes **
* Note various questions and answers via media tools
* Unit converter - Convert length, area, planetary age and weight, liquid volume, time, bandwidth, temperature, flow rate, fuel, power, energy, acceleration, pressure, circular
* Ohms law calculator
* Decibels of change calculator
* Artist image lookup
* BMI Calculator
* Random password generator
* Note attachments such as PDF, word, Powerpoint and so on using extensive notes notepad
* Extensive notes notepad can also easily import notes via SD card & web URL
* Note qr codes and barcode Notes
* Extensive notes notepad can easily import CSV files as todo
* Import Contacts in the form of to-do tasks
* Export notes as text
* Note and lookup slang terms
* Note and look various word questions and answers
* Easily export the entire note database to SD card which allows for easily going from free to pro version or as a simple means of backup.
* Import/Restore notes database via SD
* Text-to-Speech (TTS) which allows for notes to be read back to you.
* With extensive notes notepad you can also prioritize notes according to you and the order of importance within your everyday life
* Extensive notes notepad also allows for you to easily share notes socially such as through Facebook, twitter, or via e-mail, SMS, etc
* Sort notes for easier filtering
* Search notes for keywords or via hash tags
* Extensive notes notepad also allows for Geotagging of notes to remember locations and also allows for looking up street address if available using the longitude and latitude.
* Support for multiple audio notes
* Support for multiple video notes
* Support for multiple image notes
* Various calculators such as sales tax calculator, discount calculator, temperature calculator, mortgage calculator, tip calculator and so on.
* Support for paint notes
* Attach multiple note files
* Attach images to notes via Gallery
* Attach images to notes via Camera
* Attach mp3s and other audio to notes
* Attach avis and other video to notes
* Private notes - Lock notes so no one can read them
* Login screen
* Paint notes - Draw notes using your finger
* Stick notes to status bar
* Comment support - Add comments to existing notes.
* Sub notes support
* Auto-save note features
* Auto Backup
* Folder Support
* Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR)
* Body Fat
* Body Mass Index (BMI)
* Daily Caloric Intake
* Max Heart Rate
* One Rep Max (1RM)
* Target Heart Rate
* Waist To Hip Ratio
* Water Intake
* Notepad features nearly 100 different notes icons so you can customize statusbar notes to your liking rather than be restricted to a single icon.
* Support for notes shortcuts to home screen
* Support for notes alarms and reminders using the built in system or using Google calendar.
* Extensive notes also has todo / to-do support
* Note Web accounts
* Note Stopwatch values
* Note Thesaurus values - Using the thesaurus tool you can easily find similar words.
* Multiple thesaurus providers
* Note Dictionary definitions
* Multiple dictionary providers
* Note and lookup Abbreviations
* Note and lookup various postal codes
* Note various conversions
* Note and convert temperature, weight, height and more
* Note related words
* Note New York Times NewsWire articles
* Note Digg headlines
* Note and lookup slang words
* Note Word suggestions
* Note Word usage examples
* Conversions - convert between various values
* Checklist & todo
* Shopping list & grocery list
* Adjust notes image size - choose between small or large note images
Why another note taking app? Other apps are far too complicated, with feature after feature getting in the way of what you really want to do: write something down.
Plain.txt aims to be gloriously simple, by doing just one thing, and doing that one thing very well: taking plain text notes.
Plain.txt uses Dropbox to sync and store your notes, so you're not tied into someone else's platform. You're free to take your notes elsewhere whenever you want, and open them with whatever app you choose to on the desktop.
The app is currently beta quality: there may be some strange behaviour that will be fixed in future versions.
Coming in future updates:
• Better offline support
• Pincode lock
• Note sharing
• 'Open in Plain.txt' feature
- Widgets and Shortcuts for quick text, photo, video and sound notes from the home screen
- integrated To Do list and password for privacy
- take photos, video and record audio directly into your diary notes
- attach photos, video, audio, and other files to your diary notes
- save notes in PDF format
- handwriting draw pad for Samsung Galaxy / Note S Pen
- integrated Aviary photo editor
- split screen option for tablets and large displays
- notes organizer with drag and drop to sliding categories menu
- import/export to Google Drive™ (Google Docs™)
- import text directly from files
- use Text to Speech to read notes
- set reminder with LED and vibrate notification for selected diary notes
- classify and search the diary notes by category and number of stars
- backup your journal notes on device or online
- send journal notes to Email, SMS text messaging, Google Calendar™ and save to SD card/USB Storage
- share and export notes to external apps like Twitter, Dropbox, Evernote® and Google Drive™
- insert GPS location in the note
- text style (bold, underline, italic)
- set text size and color
- customizable start options as new diary note, full diary listing, calendar or ToDo listing
- scan NFC tags, smart posters, business cards on NFC enabled phones
- supports Chinese, English, French, Spanish, German, Italian, Portuguese and Romanian language
Premium versions available on Google Play - search for "jnmwsi". Journal Notes Multimedia can synchronize the notes to a free Windows/PC version of the software via USB cable. Journal Notes Solo does not require Internet access permission. Paid apps are also ad-free. Your existing notes can be exported in the paid versions.
Internet access - required to display ads and for import/export to Google Drive™ (Google Docs™)
Read phone state - required to display ads
View network state - required to display ads
Fine (GPS) Location - allows insertion of the current GPS location in a note
Record Audio - allows attachment of audio notes
Modify USB and SD card contents - required to export/backup the notes on the SD card
Near Field Communications - allows the scanning of NFC tags directly into a note
Vibrator - used for reminder notifications
Install shortcuts - allows creating a shortcut for a note on the Home screen
Your Google accounts - needed for export and backup to Google Drive
Note: This app was initially a part of the app "File Encrypt". It has been separated for better maintenance.
The encrypted notes will NEVER be stored in decrypted format, they are decrypted in-memory for editing/viewing purpose.
1. Creating notes in encrypted format so that it cannot be opened without the key.
2. Uses strong AES encryption with 128 bit key
3. Storing notes on Dropbox for synchronizing with multiple devices.
4. Each note can be encrypted using different key
5. Supports Global Key for using single key for all notes
6. Backup notes on local storage or Dropbox.
The Global key can be enabled using "Global Key Setup" from menu. When Global Key is enabled, you need to supply a password. Once Global Key is enabled, password verification is enforced during App start-up. When Global Key is enabled, the global key will be used while encrypting or decrypting the file. The key dialog will be pre-filled with the global key. The use still has an option to change it, if required.
User has option to use Dropbox for creating and managing their Notes. This will allow easy synchronization with multiple devices. This provides a convenient way of synchronizing the notes on multiple devices. It provides options to transfer all your local notes on Dropbox and vice versa.
The Dropbox integration is offered free for trial period of 30 days. For unlimited use, download "Confidential Notes+"
Backup notes on local storage or Dropbox:
This App provides two options for transferring files to and from Dropbox.
1. Transfer notes from Local storage to Dropbox. In this option all the notes from your "MyNotes" folder in your internal storage will be copied to Dropbox.
2. Transfer notes from Dropbox to Local storage. In this option all the notes from your Dropbox will be copied to "MyNotes" folder in your internal storage of phone.
Keywords: encryption, decryption, notes, dropbox, notepad, secret notes.
- A Simple Note-Taking App for Android, Plus More Tiny Utilities Than You’ll Know What to Do With - Lifehacker
- Classic Notes + App Box for Android: Like a Better iPhone Notes App for Your Android Phone - App of the Day @ Gizmodo
- Classic Notes Lite is an app that does just about everything, and walks your dog - DroidDog
- Classic Notes is the most functional, usable, versatile app I've ever come across - AndroidGuys
- Manages to provide a minimalistic interface that doesn’t sacrifice quality - App of the Day @ Phandroid
- Simple Yet Rich In Features - Talkandroid
Classic Notes notepad with App Box is built upon the same principles as Extensive Notes but with a more minimal approach.
* Export notes as text to SD
* Import / Export CSV as todo, checklist, shopping list
* Share notes through facebook, twitter, more.
* Create backups
* Google translate
* Send to Google Docs, Dropbox, pastebin
* Text to Speech audio playback
* Add to Google Calendar - Set reminders and events
* Add notes to status bar
* Create Home Screen shortcuts
* New Note shortcut for notepad
* New Note Statusbar entry for notepad
* Modify timestamp
* Easily display create & modification more
* Wallpapers - colors, patterns, palettes
* Images - via camera or gallery
* Video - Record video
* Paint notes - fingerpaint / sketch notes
* Private notes - Lock notes with a password
* Audio notes / voice notes - Record audio of lectures, meetings
* File attachments e.g PDF, MS Word, Excel, MP3, PowerPoint, etc
* Geotag + Address look up support - Tag locations
* In note content search
* Todo / checklist support
* Prioritize notes, todos, and tasks based on urgency of low, medium, high w/ color
* Todo, checklist, shopping list
* Easily sort notes, todo, and tasks based on a number of common themes such as last modified, alphabetical, pending reminders, priority
* Attach to-do's / checklists
* Tagging support
* Reminders / Alarms
* Word etymology
* Example word usage
* Music Related references
* Postal Code Lookup for notepad
* Question and Answer for notepad
* Spelling Suggestions for notepad
* Album Art for notepad
* Artist Information
* Artist Image
* Artists Similar to
* Track Information
* QR Code notes
* Sales tax / VAT calculator
* Discount calculator
* Tip calculator
* Image caption support
* Unit conversions
* Bandwidth/Data Type
* Circular Measure
* Flow Rate
* Fuel Consumption
* Liquid Volume
* Planetary Age
* Planetary Weight
* Standard calculator
* Mortgage Calculator amortization table monthly payment, interest paid, total interest, principal paid, and balance
* Word of the day
* Rhyming words
* Wikipedia search
* Film/Cinema extras
* Actor/actress lookup
* Film lookup
* Stock quotes
- Fitness related calculators
* Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR)
* Body Fat
* Body Mass Index (BMI)
* Daily Caloric Intake
* Max Heart Rate
* One Rep Max (1RM)
* Target Heart Rate
* Waist To Hip Ratio
* Water Intake
* Ohm's law, resistance, voltage, current
* Random password generator
* import csv into note
* System monitor in extras
- Battery level percentage, status, health
- SD card total size, available space
- Memory usage - total and available memory
- Processor/CPU information
- Network information ip address, wifi & mobile state
- GPS status
* URL Shortener
* Bulleted lists
* Random number generator
* Days until countdown
* Decimal to roman numeral
* Wavelength to RGB
* WHOIS lookup
* Folder support
* Rotten Tomatoes
* Random Quote
* Import via Outlook
* Airport codes
* Area codes
* Countdown Timer
* Bi-gram phrases
* Comments & sub-notes
* Flashlight / torch
* Base64 encode/decode, unique word, lexical density, word lengths
* Compare text