Improve My City Mobile empowers users to improve their city in collaboration with local administration.
The application allows citizens to report all types of issues related to their neighborhood such as, broken lamps, abandoned cars, trashcan absence, etc. The reported issues are immediately transferred to the appropriate municipality department in order to get fixed.
This app has been customized for the needs of the municipality of Thermi - Thessaloniki and is fully interconnected with the corresponding web-based application: https://smartcity.thermi.gov.gr/improve/el/
- Auto extract issue co-ordinates using GPS.
- Capture a photograph of the issue using the phone's camera.
- Vote and/or provide comments on issues already reported by other citizens.
- Map-based view of the reported issues.
- Give feedback about the progress status of the reported issues.
- OS: Android version 2.3.3 (API 10 Gingerbread) or later.
The application was developed under the cooperation of the municipality of Thermi - Thessaloniki with the Multimedia and Knowledge Research Group (http://mklab.iti.gr/) of the Information Technologies Institute (www.iti.gr) and the research team of the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki URENIO (www.urenio.org).
- Google maps upgraded to v2.
- City Municipalities are marked on map.
- Improved graphic user interface.
- GPS service is not used after shutting down app.
- Restart is not required when changing the language of the interface.
- Logging in by using setup does not require restart of the application for authorization to take effect.
- Code is fully parameterized and documented.
- Geographical limits (rectangle) from where issues can be sent.