map and in a list as they are occurring around the globe.
Additional hazard information can be viewed and shared.
The term "Active Hazards" refers to a collection of current and real-time incidents (compiled from authoritative sources) which have been designated "potentially hazardous to people, property, or assets" by the PDC DisasterAWARE™ application.
The application is a free download.
PDC Active Hazards currently includes:
-Hurricane/Tropical Cyclone (global)
-National Weather Service High Surf (for Hawaii)
-National Weather Service High Wind (for Hawaii)
-National Weather Service Flood (for Hawaii)
-Wildfire (global)- coming soon!
Other hazards will be added over time.
Application features include:
√ View Active Hazards on an interactive map or in the Alert list
√ Search for location (quick zoom)
√ Choose background map
√ Get "more info" for most Active Hazards
√ Receive automatic updates every five minutes
√ Choose a preferred time zone
The information were provided by GDACS (Global Disaster Alert and Coordination System), it is a cooperation framework between the United Nations, the European Commission and disaster managers worldwide to improve alerts, information exchange and coordination in the first phase after major sudden-onset disasters.
The Weather Alert application allows you to view weather or pollution alerts, disasters issued by differents governments.
Are managed today in Weather alert & Pollution :
* The weather alerts issued in Europe(austria bosnia belgium bulgaria switzerland chypria tchek republic germany danemark estonia espagna finland france greece croatia hungary irland island italy luxembourg lettonia montenegro macedonia malta pays bas norway poland portugal roumania serbia sweden slovenia slovaquia great bretain) by meteoalarm.eu (wind, snow, ice, storm, fog, extrem heat, extrem cold, wave, submersion, forest fire, avalanche, rain, river flood, rip current, tornado)
* alerts related to pollution (PM10 and PM25)
* alerts related to earthquake
* alerts related to hurricane and tropical storm
* alerts related to volcanoe and / or volcanic eruption
* alerts related to french river flood (vigicrue)
Don't get caught unprepared by an extreme weather event! Active Alerts app provides you with the continuous update on watches, warnings and advisories issued by the National Weather Service (USA).
Get up-to-date alerts on tornadoes, hurricanes, tsunamis, floods, fires, winter storms, damaging winds, thunderstorms and more.
Easy to set system gives you an overview of all the alerts issued for your state and location.
Click on alert to get a detailed description and preparedness instructions.
Set a sound and buzz notification to get informed when an extreme alert (such as a tornado warning) is issued for your location.
* Select a state or a marine zone to monitor
* Select an update interval to automatically refresh the alerts for your location
* Sort the alerts by severity, type, date, location
* Set a sound and buzz notification to get informed when the extreme or extreme + severe alerts are issued
* View the full list of alerts for your state, or shorten the list by severity type and location
* Use GPS receiver in your phone to update your location with a click of a button
* Click on an alert title to see the full information including alert effective date and time, locations affected, severity level and probability, full alert description, and emergency response instructions
* This is a companion application to Earthquake Alert! *
It uses push notifications to alert you when an earthquake occurs that match any predefined filters.
Create as many filters as you want to monitor earthquakes all over the world. Create a filter for smaller earthquakes near your location, or one to filter very large quakes worldwide, or create a custom location and radius - it's up to you!
Push notifications use Google's GCM technology and therefore require Android 2.2.
Again, this is a companion app for Earthquake Alert!. Once you have both installed they work together seamlessly.
• Highly responsive interactive map optimized for 3G and WiFi performance
• Vertical and horizontal map display with looping
• NOWrad, the gold standard for radar in the weather industry
• Highest resolution satellite cloud imagery available
• Exclusive patent pending Road Weather Index
• Color coded weather alerts arranged by severity
• Fully integrated GPS for current location awareness
• Integrated compass overlay
• Most accurate 10 day forecasts with both daily and hourly detail
• Ability to easily save your favorite locations
• Full featured and user tested
• Weather Widget for unlock page
• Earthquake Plotting
• Storm Track Plotting
• Tropical Track Plotting
• Status bar alert acknowledgement
• Alerts over map on/off switch in settings
• Additional Small Widget
• Widget Configuration (Daily or Hourly view)
• Watch/Warning (Alert) boxes on map.
• Spanish language support; NOTE: Language used in the app will reflect the overall language being used for the device
• Ability to acknowledge Alerts from within the app
• Audio, LED, and vibrate for Alert Notifications
• Feature tips to help users more fully take advantage of app features
You can browse the latest earthquake information in Japan on your Android
Although it is still in the experimental stage, you will also be able to
receive the latest earthquake information with the push notification
feature. However the feature does not guarantee that you will receive
notifications for all earthquakes. Please make sure you use it as substitute
tool when there is no alternative way to find the latest information. You
need to activate this feature first from Setting.
Please note that all the information for recent earthquakes shown in our
lists and push notifications are our initial findings. They may be different
from official information.
About KeepAlive interval
Please try not to change the settings from default. If you change it, push
notifications might fail to reach to your mobile or the battery could run
If your router has NAT timer, NAPT, or TCP timer setting, making Wi-Fi
KeepAlive value about 1 minute smaller than the router's setting could
decrease use of the battery.
About current location issue
There is a chance the distance between your location and the epicentre is
not shown. This is because this app estimates the distance based on your
last location being recognized by Android. So if you have never used apps
which require GPS, your current location cannot be recognized and you will
receive alerts for all areas. The positioning process takes time and
positioning after receiving our alert is too late to reflect your location
on our information.
-- Those who live their life on the fault lines should pick this app up immediately.” – Appolicious
-- A “MUST-HAVE” app that “…basically turns your mobile device into an all-in-one post-quake tool, info center, and instruction guide.” – TremblingEarth
-- 20 Best Android apps this week – Guardian News (10/4/2012)
-- Red Cross earthquake app helps before, during and after disaster – Cronkite News
-- Featured by AndroidPolice.com (10/2012)
Be ready for an earthquake with Earthquake by American Red Cross. Get notified when an earthquake occurs, prepare your family and home, find help and let others know you are safe even if the power is out – a must have for anyone who lives in an earthquake-prone area or has loved ones who do.
Ahora disponible en español.
• Easy to use Spanish language toggle to switch translation directly inside the app.
•Step-by-step instructions let you know what to do even before/during/after an earthquake, even if no data connectivity.
•Get notified when an earthquake occurs; see the intensity impact to your area or those of loved-ones with notifications generated by the United States Geological Survey (USGS).
•Let family and friends know you are okay with the customizable “I’m Safe” alert for Facebook, Twitter, email and text.
•Find open Red Cross shelters in your area when you need help.
•Stay safe when the lights are out with the Toolkit, including a strobe light, flashlight and audible alert functions.
•Prepare for the worst by learning how to assemble an emergency kit for your family in the event of power outage or evacuation.
•Empower your family to stay safe and remain calm in an emergency by learning how to make and practice an emergency plan.
•Earn badges that you can share with your friends and show off your earthquake knowledge with interactive quizzes.
•See an illustrated history of earthquakes in your area.
•Know how to what to do about food and drinking water when your area has been impacted by floods and power outages.
DIRECTLY CALL PHONE NUMBERS: We need this to allow you to call emergency numbers from within the app
CAMERA: We need to be able to use the camera to allow us to use the flashlight in Tool Kit
GPS LOCATION: We need to serve you earthquake alerts based on your current location
PHONE CONTACTS: We need this for the Make a Plan view to allow you to add emergency contacts straight from your address book
Copyright © 2012-2014 The American National Red Cross
Phivolcs Earthquake Alerts provides a better medium to read updates regarding earthquakes, tsunamis and volcanic activities rather than using a web browser and viewing it in a small device.
Only the latest few entries are retrieved. If you wish to view all earthquake recorded entries in the Philippines, please visit the portal instead.
The app also includes a worldwide listing of earthquakes using USGS (U.S. Geological Survey) data.