What about our library? The beginnings of librarianship in Pazin are related to the establishment of reading societies and Croatian reading rooms at the end of the 19th and the beginning of the 20th century. Thus, on February 7, 1909, the first Public Library in Pazin was opened with the aim of enlightening the wider social strata. Public libraries played an important role in disseminating information in the area in which they operate, as the library and bookstore network were poorly developed at the time.
Unfortunately, we cannot talk about the continuous work of the library, because the Italian occupation of Istria led to the closure of libraries, and new ones were established at the end of the Second World War. In Pazin, the library was reopened as part of the House of Culture in 1945 and has been operating continuously since then. With the establishment of the National University, the library operates within it, and since 2008 as an independent public institution. Over the years, it has operated in several locations, and it has been located in the building of the Memorial House of Unity and Freedom since 1981, ie since the construction of the Memorial House.