"SPECIAL NOTES ABOUT DOWNLOAD
• We do not collect or use any personal information. There are, however, some permissions necessary for the app to function properly.
1. Photos/Media/Files – This allows the app to store the veterinary content and multimedia for offline use without requiring the user to reload all the large content when the app updates.
2. Device and App History – This is used only to keep the app and content up to date.
We provide the entire content of the Merck Veterinary Manual, which can take 5 to 10 min on wifi to download and install.***
The Merck Veterinary Manual, a renowned animal health reference for more than 60 years, covers all species and disorders of veterinary interest worldwide.
This app provides veterinarians, students, and other animal health professionals with clear, practical explanations of thousands of conditions across all body systems. It covers etiology, pathophysiology, and options for diagnosis and treatment.
After the initial install, the app will download a large amount of content when opened for the first time. Thus, we recommend downloading the app while connected to reliable wifi.
The trusted Merck Veterinary Manual app offers:
• Thousands of topics written and updated regularly by more than 400 veterinary experts from more than 20 countries
• Photos, illustrations, and video of thousands of disorders and diseases
• Quizzes* check knowledge of veterinary disorders, signs, and treatments
• Clinical calculators
• Numerous reference guides and hundreds of useful tables
• Pet health content* written in consumer-friendly language for clients
• FAQ and User Guide
*Internet access needed.
About Merck Manuals
Our mission is simple:
We believe that health information is a universal right and that every person is entitled to accurate, accessible and usable medical information. We have a responsibility to protect, preserve and share the best current medical information to enable more informed decisions, enhance relationships between patients and professionals, and improve health care outcomes around the world.
That’s why we are making the MSD Manuals available for free in digital form to professionals and patients around the world. No registration or subscription required, and no ads.
This mobile application is intended for Veterinary Professionals.
This app was built and tested specifically for Version 1.0. For more information please read the End User License Agreement at
For more information about our privacy practices, please see our privacy commitment at http://www.merckmanuals.com/professional/resourcespages/privacy
Adverse Event Reporting:
To report an adverse event with a specific Merck product, or to report suspected issues or problems with the application, please call the Merck National Service Center at 1-800-672-6372. For questions or help with the app please contact email@example.com