Whether you are local or a visitor to Kilkenny, this free app will show you everything to see and do in picturesque Kilkenny.
The Kilkenny app will provide you with the following information:
• Food & Drink –Restaurants, cafes and local pubs
• Things to Do –Attractions and activates
• Shopping – Shops and boutiques
• Where to stay – Hotels, Hostels and B&B’s
Other great features include:
• Exclusive vouchers and promotions.
• Filtering of information to quickly see content that’s relevant to you.
Download this free app today and enjoy all that Kilkenny has to offer!
-View Kilkenny’s best Food and Craft trail members from the “Taste of Kilkenny Food Trail” and “Made in Kilkenny Craft Trail”
-Explore the Trail Kilkenny walking trails with guided directions to the start and on-route features like local history articles, youtube videos and historical photographs
Trail Kilkenny was founded in 2007 with the objective of developing, managing and promoting a range of high quality walking, cycling and other leisure trails for the benefit of visitors and residents of County Kilkenny. Trail Kilkenny is a coming together of Kilkenny LEADER Partnership, Kilkenny County Council, Kilkenny Sports Partnership and local councilors and landowners. To date Trail Kilkenny has developed 9 looped walking trails, two cycling trails, a craft trail and a food trail. We have plans for a canoe trail, garden trail and a ghost trail.
Note: This App uses GPS and continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
The mobile streetmaps are for you! All the map data is loaded on your phone before you leave your home, so can you be on the streets, offline, and still know everything about the area you are in, and locate yourself or any street in the city. You don't need any network connection at all once the application is installed on your phone – no WiFi, no 3G, no GPRS!
This is a complete street level map for your phone. The entire map is stored on your phone, so it works where you have no access to the Internet - it works where Google Maps is inaccessible. This prevents expensive data roaming charges by loading all the map data to your phone before you leave home. You can turn off all network functions and still be able to find your way around. Lets you find all streets, and many useful locations such as ATM's, parkings, museums, and many others.
Map data (c) OpenStreetMap and contributors, CC-BY-SA.
More from developer
- full event listings,
- a live feed of the parade,
- an interactive map
- twitter and Facebook integration
- and new for 2014, the St. Patrick's Festival Photo Gallery and Photo Competitions - be part of the St. Patricks Festivities and share your fun. Upload you own photo through the St. Patrick's Festival App and appear in the Gallery and be in with a chance to win some fabulous prizes.
Designed and Built for our customers to improve site access to the telecoms facilities on the Coillte Estate.
Key Features -
- Provision of access route details for customers and site users
- Information regarding locks and barriers
- Contact details for local Site Operations Manager
- Full GPS coordinates and directions for all sites
The App is Free, though you will need a Login to use the App - please contact Coillte on 01 2101111 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Acts
- The Stages
- The Times
- Festival Radio
- and all the general information about this unique festival.
Through the App you can link from each artists to view their catalog on iTunes and we can send you push notifications to keep you up to date with all that's happening with Castle Palooza so you won't miss a thing!
You can -
- See Listings
- Locate Festivals on a Map
- Add Festivals to your Plan
- Stay in touch with Social Media Stuff
We can't get them all, so if we're missing any let us know. The app is updated daily and listings are constantly being added as festivals confirm dates and add to their programmes. Cow dung, cowboys, combines and all the year's rock 'n' roll circuses are right here. Knock yourselves out! The most complete listings are sponsored by the festivals themselves which means you get the app for free and Mark gets diesel, tyres and Buckfast.
ayearoffestivalsinireland.com is the blog that Mark started last year while on his festival quest around Ireland. If you're looking for a little more detail on some of the festivals listed here, that would be the place to have a rummage. If you're looking for something that's wrote much more better, check the Festival Fit column in The Ticket with The Irish Times every Friday.
Contact and listing: Abuse, suggestions and missed festivals are always welcome - email@example.com. This is the first lash at this app craic and if it goes well it will happen annually. If you can help us make it better or you want to have your festival listed, give us a holler. For a more complete approach to stalking, throw @YearOfFestivals into the mix and go troll on A Year of Festivals in Ireland on Facepuke. We do be loving the social media malarky :)
This App contains all you need to know about the festival.
- All the listings
- All the venues
- Bookmarks - to save your own personal listing of events
- GPS map to all the venues - so you won't get lost!
- The Fringe Social feeds - keep up to date with all the latest news on Facebook and Twitter.
- Push Notifications for all the latest news delivered direct to your phone.
- Gallery - to share pictures from your own Fringe experiences
The App also contains all the details of the events that are run by the Fringe outside of the main festival.
The exhibit is a collaboration between the National Library, the National Archives and the Embassy of the United States in Ireland, in partnership with the JFK Presidential Library in Boston and RTÉ Archives, and looks at the context of John F. Kennedy’s historic visit to Ireland in June 1963.
The App includes maps, photos, timelines and content which will allow those interested in the Kennedy visit to bring the exhibit with them as they follow the Kennedy trail. A fun “I was there” photo app even allows those who missed the visit to imagine themselves into the scene.
The Blasket Islands off the coast of Kerry, Ireland are a fascinating, rugged location steeped in history and the associated Blasket Centre on the mainland in Dún Chaoin on the tip of the Dingle Peninsula is a fascinating heritage centre/museum honouring the unique community who lived on the remote Blasket Islands until their evacuation in 1953.
This app aims to bring the Islands to life. The Mobile tour, in English and Irish, will guide you 16 key island locations and features -
- Historical descriptions and images for each location
- Full GPS mapping to guide you around the island
- A photo Gallery to which you can add your own images
- Live WebCam from the Blaskets Centre
- Live weather details for the Blasket Islands
- Emergency contact and location messaging
- Island & Blasket Centre Events listing