This Mobile Tour App, in English and Irish will guide you through Dublin Castle and provides detailed historical descriptions together with an audio tour and images.
The App also contains an events listing, a user gallery and GPS enabled maps to guide you there.
This Mobile Tour App, in English and Irish (Gaeilge) will guide you through over 20 rooms of Kilkenny Castle and provides detailed historical descriptions and images. The App also contains full information details of the facilities at Kilkenny Castle, an events listing and GPS enabled maps to guide you directly to the Castle.
This App lets you view each of the 6 films, both in trailer form and the full length version. For each film, you can
- see on an interactive map for each of the filming locations and navigate around the area.
- scroll through a graphical timeline of the key events in the past 80 years.
The App also brings you all the latest Border Lives news, through social media and the Border Lives blog and you can view all the behind the scenes photos and footage in the Border Lives Gallery.
This App was put together by the Tyrone Donegal Partnership and funded by the European Union’s PEACE III Programme.
Designed and Built for our customers to improve site access to the telecoms facilities on the Coillte Estate.
Key Features -
- Provision of access route details for customers and site users
- Information regarding locks and barriers
- Contact details for local Site Operations Manager
- Full GPS coordinates and directions for all sites
The App is Free, though you will need a Login to use the App - please contact Coillte on 01 2101111 or at email@example.com
‘Off The Beaten Track North-West’ follows a variety of roads, from primary routes to narrow, single track rural roads, some with rough gravel surfaces and grass up the middle. We want to show you ‘Real Ireland’, which includes some out of the way places. Be aware that you will be travelling on roads that are used by local people, cyclists, farmers and others, so you may meet them, possibly along with animals, on the road. Please be careful and considerate to other road users and look out for changing road surfaces.
Important points to note:
· This is an adventure route so some roads are narrow, single track, gravel roads. Please be vigilant of overgrown hedgerows - Drive with caution at all times
· You are required to use the appropriate speed for the road conditions around you.
· Please note speeds in Northern Ireland are measured in miles per hour (mph).
· Speeds in Southern Ireland are in kilometres per hour (kph).
· Be careful where you park, do not obstruct gates or leave litter.
· Always drive on the left side of the road.
This project is a joint initiative between Leitrim County Council and Fermanagh District Council
On Saturday 2nd May 2015 up to 3000 kids will take part in the annual UL Sport Kids event hosted by Barringtons Hospital Great Limerick Run.
You can use this app to register for the race, get training plans and route maps, keep injury free and exercise correctly and stay up to date with the latest news.
Closer to Race day a live tracker will also be provided, where you can keep up to date with results from the Great Limerick Run!
The Blasket Islands off the coast of Kerry, Ireland are a fascinating, rugged location steeped in history and the associated Blasket Centre on the mainland in Dún Chaoin on the tip of the Dingle Peninsula is a fascinating heritage centre/museum honouring the unique community who lived on the remote Blasket Islands until their evacuation in 1953.
This app aims to bring the Islands to life. The Mobile tour, in English and Irish, will guide you 16 key island locations and features -
- Historical descriptions and images for each location
- Full GPS mapping to guide you around the island
- A photo Gallery to which you can add your own images
- Live WebCam from the Blaskets Centre
- Live weather details for the Blasket Islands
- Emergency contact and location messaging
- Island & Blasket Centre Events listing
This App contains all you need to know about the festival.
- All the listings
- All the venues
- Bookmarks - to save your own personal listing of events
- GPS map to all the venues - so you won't get lost!
- The Fringe Social feeds - keep up to date with all the latest news on Facebook and Twitter.
- Push Notifications for all the latest news delivered direct to your phone.
- Explore TDF - A link to Tiger events around the festival and the Faces of Fringe Gallery
The App also contains all the details of the events that are run by the Fringe outside of the main festival.
The exhibit is a collaboration between the National Library, the National Archives and the Embassy of the United States in Ireland, in partnership with the JFK Presidential Library in Boston and RTÉ Archives, and looks at the context of John F. Kennedy’s historic visit to Ireland in June 1963.
The App includes maps, photos, timelines and content which will allow those interested in the Kennedy visit to bring the exhibit with them as they follow the Kennedy trail. A fun “I was there” photo app even allows those who missed the visit to imagine themselves into the scene.
You can -
- See Listings
- Locate Festivals on a Map
- Add Festivals to your Plan
- Stay in touch with Social Media Stuff
We can't get them all, so if we're missing any let us know. The app is updated daily and listings are constantly being added as festivals confirm dates and add to their programmes. Cow dung, cowboys, combines and all the year's rock 'n' roll circuses are right here. Knock yourselves out! The most complete listings are sponsored by the festivals themselves which means you get the app for free and Mark gets diesel, tyres and Buckfast.
ayearoffestivalsinireland.com is the blog that Mark started last year while on his festival quest around Ireland. If you're looking for a little more detail on some of the festivals listed here, that would be the place to have a rummage. If you're looking for something that's wrote much more better, check the Festival Fit column in The Ticket with The Irish Times every Friday.
Contact and listing: Abuse, suggestions and missed festivals are always welcome - firstname.lastname@example.org. This is the first lash at this app craic and if it goes well it will happen annually. If you can help us make it better or you want to have your festival listed, give us a holler. For a more complete approach to stalking, throw @YearOfFestivals into the mix and go troll on A Year of Festivals in Ireland on Facepuke. We do be loving the social media malarky :)
- The Acts
- The Stages
- The Times
- Festival Radio
- and all the general information about this unique festival.
For 2014 we've added a user Gallery - now you can upload all your Castle Palooza pictures and become part of the App!
We will send you push notifications to keep you up to date with all that's happening with Castle Palooza so you won't miss a thing!