This app features constantly updated coverage of the Norfolk area from the team at WTKR, including news updates, live streaming newscasts (on many devices), and breaking news updates.
You can even choose which kinds of push notifications you'd like to get from WTKR, and let us know when to not disturb you by setting a 'quiet time'.
Our Interactive Radar brings you a powerful weather tool you can use to track storms, while updated weather forecasts will let you plan ahead to avoid severe weather.
Our favorite features include:
- “Expect rain to start at 3:15p”—No more guessing! If your weather conditions (snow or rain) are changing within 6 hours, we let you know not only the chance of precipitation, but also the exact time it will happen.
- Detailed weather forecasts (hourly forecasts, 36 hour forecasts, and 10 day forecasts)
- Fast, accurate, and localized maps provide you with features like past radar and future radar, severe weather bulletins for storms, and tropical cyclone tracking (this includes hurricanes).
- Easy location management, so you can edit and save your favorite places. Set up your favorites to take full advantage of our weather widgets and notifications.
- Local forecast and popular videos
- Beautiful and easy-to-use interface
But don’t just listen to us! Here’s what the experts are saying:
“We love [The Weather Channel app on Android] because we can hit all the important features, like ‘What It Feels Like’ temperature, the 10-day forecast and hourly temperature, faster than any other app. If you need the ‘expertise’ of a meteorologist, the short and sweet video forecasts will get you up to speed in no time.” ~Gizmodo’s The Best Android Apps
"Basically, forget everything you knew about The Weather Channel's app, because for all intents and purposes, this is an entirely new thing. And it's fantastic." - Android Police
"One of the other new changes aside from an awesome new user interface is the way the app will alert you of rain. Before it had a general idea, but the official Weather Channel app will now tell you the exact time it will start raining in your location. That’s neat." - Android Community
"My personal favorite is the new and improved narrative of climate descriptions. For example, the app now gives a more precise idea of what to expect from the weather in your area. Things like “dry conditions will continue,” and “expect rain until 4 pm,” show up to clue you in about local weather. You could say, it pretty much takes the guesswork out of reading weather forecasts." - Android Headlines
”Great, up to the minute weather updates right to your phone… Terrific, basic weather app backed by experts.”~Appolicious
“You can count on the fact that the data is vetted by a large team of on-staff weather professionals.”~ZeroPaid
“The Weather Channel app is necessary... With voice search, hourly forecasts, one-click access and local video highlights, this free Android app is essential…” ~Appolicious
“More intuitive, good-looking, and user friendly… Thanks to The Weather Channel, you will have comprehensive knowledge about predictions from wherever in the World.” ~AndroidZoom
Among the “Favorite Android Widgets” from Business Insider!
Gold Medal winner from Gizmodo’s best weather apps!
“The Weather Channel App for Android has been ranked as the number 1 most downloaded weather app and one of the most used apps available on the Android Market… so if you’re looking for a fully-featured weather app that delivers goodness all the time, go ahead and check it out.” ~IntoMobile
The Weather Channel greatly appreciates our customers' feedback and patience as we work on our next build. Please see our customer service page to provide feedback and for our FAQs: http://feedback.weather.com/
Check us out at weather.com and follow us on Twitter @weatherchannel for the latest breaking news.
The app has been completely redesigned for speed and usability. In addition to a number of new features, we hope you find the format allows easier reading and crisp photos and video for a more dynamic experience.
WXYZ 7 Action News is metro Detroit's leading source for breaking news, weather warnings, award-winning investigative reports, sports and entertainment. You can count on critical alerts to keep you prepared, as well as watch live video of key events and daily newscasts.
And when you see news happening, this app is your tool to share it immediately with our newsroom. Channel 7 Action News - always taking action for you.
Please review the app and let us know what you think.
NewsHog is the most comprehensive, feature rich, free news aggregator on Google Play. NewsHog gives you the most news on any topic or location of your choice, aggregated via Google News! NewsHog has many advanced features such as summarization, reader mode, text to speech, offline reading and translation that take the Google News experience to the next level. NewsHog is a worthy replacement for Google Currents or the News and Weather app.
NewsHog is a news reader designed for avid news readers who want the latest news on their fingertips. Whether you are sitting down comfortably to read, or on-the-go, or even sleeping, NewsHog is there for you! Designed around the concept of channels (topics) rather than individual sources, NewsHog currently has more than 100 preconfigured channels (top news, business, technology, sports, etc.,) aggregating thousands of sources via Google News.
NewsHog also includes Google News Regional Editions for many countries, custom channels for any keyword, and even local news for any state, city or zip code. NewsHog is optimized for both phones and tablets (especially 7" and 10" tablets like Nexus 7 and Nexus 10), with a list layout for phones and optional grid and tile layouts for tablets, similar to Flipboard and Google Currents.
* 100+ preset channels (tech, business, etc.), aggregated via Google News.
* Read full articles formatted beautifully for the mobile/tablet screen.
* Consume news faster with a 100 word summary of articles.
* Use Text to Speech to listen to news when you are on the go.
* Create custom channels for any keyword (eg. Olympics), or location.
* Get instant access to articles pre-downloaded to save you time.
* Articles are downloaded automatically for offline reading.
* Choose between list, grid and tile layout for 7" plus tablets.
* Choose between four color themes, including a night theme.
* Use Text to Speech Alarm to wake up to the latest news.
* Save articles for reading later within NewsHog or save to Pocket.
* Automatic country detection for Google News regional editions.
* Share to Twitter, Facebook, Google+, email, Blogger, Tumblr, etc.
* Easily change font size in article view by pinching in article view.
* Shake phone/tablet to easily pause/play Text to Speech.
* Easily translate articles via Google Translate service.
* Swipe to easily change channel or read next article.
* Filter out read articles to only see unread articles, mark liked articles.
* Find articles containing any keyword using search option.
* News widget (home and lock screen) for easy access to the latest news.
* Shake device to bypass lockscreen and access NewsHog (optional).
Coming soon: New side drawer UI, ability to add individual sources such as CNN News, BBC, USA Today, etc., Reader mode for custom channels, and more!
 Summarization is in beta and available only for a few US channels currently. It can be disabled via Preferences.
 Full articles in reader mode are not available currently for custom channels. However, website mobilization of custom channels is available.
 Region can also be selected manually from Preferences. Some channels may not have regional editions. Google News Regional editions currently available for USA, UK, India, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, South Africa, Philippines, Singapore, Ireland, Israel, France, Germany, Netherlands, Spain and Italy.
Note: Please email email@example.com for bugs or other feedback instead of commenting on the Market, as we cannot contact you there to resolve your problem.
NewsHog is NOT an official app of Google News and is not affiliated with Google.
Get the top local headlines for the New York area, as well as news from around the U.S. and the world. The app also features the latest entertainment news, as well as more offbeat stories.
Best of all, the app is free and gives you unlimited access to a wealth of content you can then easily share with your family and friends on Facebook, Twitter and more.
ALERTS & VIDEO:
-Breaking news alerts pushed to your home screen
-Live breaking news video (with closed captioning)
-Live video streams of your local newscasts (when available)
-On demand video clips
-Latest weather data wherever you are
-Set and track weather for multiple locations
-Latest video forecast from the station
-7-Day & hourly forecasts
LOCAL NEWS AND TRAFFIC:
-Local and state news headlines
-Interactive traffic map
MORE NEWS THAN EVER:
-Sports headlines from ESPN
-National and world headlines from ABC News
-Celebrity news from OnTheRedCarpet.com
In this version you can expect:
• All the latest news, as it happens
• Alerts for breaking news and featured content
• Video channel
• Audio content from Talk Radio 702, 567 CapeTalk, 94.7 Highveld Stereo and 94.5 Kfm
• Sport, Business, Entertainment, Politics and Opinion
• iWitness News contributions
About Eyewitness News:
Eyewitness News is an independent, award-winning South African news organisation, accessible through ewn.co.za, ewn.mobi and on radio through bulletins on Talk Radio 702, 567 CapeTalk, 94.7 Highveld Stereo and 94.5 Kfm .
EWN reporters, photographers and videographers are based in Johannesburg and Cape Town and travel wherever the news is happening. EWN also has a string of correspondents across the country and in major cities around the world.
News, Sport, Business, Politics, Opinion, Entertainment, Media, Video, Audio, Podcasts, Eyewitness News, EWN, Talk Radio 702, 567 CapeTalk, 94.7 Highveld Stereo, 94.5 Kfm, South Africa, Africa, South African News
• Highly responsive interactive map optimized for 3G and WiFi performance
• Vertical and horizontal map display with looping
• NOWrad, the gold standard for radar in the weather industry
• Highest resolution satellite cloud imagery available
• Exclusive patent pending Road Weather Index
• Color coded weather alerts arranged by severity
• Fully integrated GPS for current location awareness
• Integrated compass overlay
• Most accurate 10 day forecasts with both daily and hourly detail
• Ability to easily save your favorite locations
• Full featured and user tested
• Weather Widget for unlock page
• Earthquake Plotting
• Storm Track Plotting
• Tropical Track Plotting
• Status bar alert acknowledgement
• Alerts over map on/off switch in settings
• Additional Small Widget
• Widget Configuration (Daily or Hourly view)
• Watch/Warning (Alert) boxes on map.
• Spanish language support; NOTE: Language used in the app will reflect the overall language being used for the device
• Ability to acknowledge Alerts from within the app
• Audio, LED, and vibrate for Alert Notifications
• Feature tips to help users more fully take advantage of app features
▪ Future Radar
▪ Satellite/Radar combined layer
▪ Bug Fixes
You can browse the news by category, such as Latest, Singapore, Business, Sport and many more, as well swipe through full-screen Photo galleries and watch the latest Video clips. Share your thoughts via our Polls or on your social media, and review the TV listings and local weather wherever you are. The home screen can be personalised with your preferred news categories, and content can be downloaded for offline reading later.
We are working on an update to optimise the app for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (7"), which will be available soon. If your device is not currently fully supported, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will consider including it in a future update.
NewsChannel 3's First Alert weather team will keep you informed of changing weather conditions, forecasts, and weather updates.
More from developer
- News that is time stamped for up-to-date content
- Weather (including radar, animated radar and school closings)
- Sports video
- Live video at certain times of the day
- News video
- Lottery results
- Community calendar
9&10 News brings you the latest local news from around Northern Michigan on TV and online, and our Android app makes it easy to access local news, weather, sports, and much more -- no matter where you are.
The categories featured in the 9&10 News Android App include:
- Top Stories
- Local News
- National News
For much more from Northern Michigan's News Leader, be sure to log on to 9and10news.com!
- News updates from Acadiana, the state and more.
- Streaming Video of News, Weather and Sports.
- Weather images from the Live Doppler 10 Radar
Download KLFY TV-10 Mobile today and stay informed with the latest news, weather and sports!