Symptomate is an innovative symptom check that will help you to assess your health. Symptomate will use an Online Checkup to determine what conditions you may have and suggest a doctor you can see to get a diagnosis.
You just need to do some choice: your gender, age and some basic information of the body. It will give you some questions about your symptoms, just choose yes or no to get the result. You will get a virtual diagnosis report on your email and you'll be able to check the list of potential conditions absolutely. Take care of your health -- keep Symptomate on your phone so it will always be there when you need it!
- Intelligent symptom check designed by doctors
- Broad database of more than 500 conditions and 1000 symptoms
- Check if your symptoms are serious
- Obtain preliminary information regarding potential conditions
- Get a free Online Checkup Report on your e-mail
- Assist your doctor in finding the right diagnosis
... and a lot more!
Now get yourself a ‘doctor’ on line, it will tell you anything about your health in detail!
* Legal notice * Online checkups are for informational and educational purposes only and should not be treated as a doctor's advice, a medical consultation, or a diagnosis.
Keywords: symptom checker, symptom check, online checkup, virtual diagnosis, doctor, symptoms, conditions, health check, symptom check, diagnose, diagnosis, WebMD, iTriage, Infermedica, disease.
The multi-disciplinary guideline development group consisted of general practitioners, hospital consultant medical microbiologists, a consultant in HIV / genito-urinary medicine, specialist hospital microbiology / infectious diseases pharmacists, primary care trust and ambulance trust pharmacists and a senior podiatrist across Southampton, Hampshire, Isle of Wight and Portsmouth.
The guidelines are based largely on the Management of Infection Guidance for Primary Care, published jointly by the Health Protection Agency and the British Infection Association and the guideline development group gratefully acknowledges the work of Dr Cliodna McNulty and her colleagues in the HPA and BIA.
Recommendations for when antimicrobial treatment is indicated, based upon cited national or international evidence-based guidelines, have been expanded from the HPA/BIA Guidance, along with recommendations and practical advice for taking specimens for microbiological investigations and interpreting culture and sensitivity laboratory reports. Clinically relevant information on cautions and warnings associated with antimicrobial treatment have also been expanded from the HPA/BIA Guidance including information about risk of Clostridium difficile infection. All statements are fully referenced.
- it's simple to use
- informative on different medical conditions
- uses easy-to-understand language
- offers useful health calculators
- provides nutrition information
The application doesn't intend to replace a doctor but rather to inform the patients and make them more aware. Doctor's advice is always preferred but it may not always be available.
For comments or issues please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Aimed at HR directors and managers, this app is a quick and easy way of accessing key information and resources on human resources issues in the NHS. Whether you're implementing workforce change, grappling with policy issues, or looking out for relevant events and publications this app will give you all the information you need.
The Guide includes lists of pertinent questions, physical findings, and differential diagnosis for more than 100 of the most common adult and pediatric symptoms so you can instantly diagnose and treat the complaint.
*** Fully Functional 7-Day Trial ***
Turn to Guide for important guidelines on:
* Patient and family history
* Physical examination
* Diagnostic considerations
* Outstanding indexing and cross-referencing to help you quickly arrive at a diagnosis
* Increased number of evidence-based medicine references
* Updated medical information throughout
* More references to key websites
* Additional information on the author's website
"This is a book of lists to help inexperienced healthcare providers hone their skill at progressing from symptoms to a differential diagnosis to treatment decisions. This is a necessary step in a student's development and this book goes a long way in assisting in this process. 3 Stars."--Doody's Review Service
A search tool
Featuring various search options to help you find the words you need more easily, including:
* A quick search of words while you type
* A 'fuzzy filter' for when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word
* A 'keyword' search for finding key words within phrasal verbs
* A wild card search facility which can replace a letter or a group of letters
A learning tool
The dictionary app includes a number of features which help you to expand your vocabulary further:
* A 'Favourites' feature allows you to create your own categories and lists of words
* Your last visited words are all saved in your 'History', so that you can quickly look back at recently checked words
* Discover a new word every day with the 'Daily' feature
* Ability to have dictionary Word of the Day as a widget on the device home screen
* See words in context with example sentences
* Online and offline modes supported, the offline mode allows you to download the whole dictionary and work independently from data connections
The petMD pet Symptom Checker allows you to easily search over 2,500 dog and cat health articles based on the symptoms your pet is experiencing.
Why is my pet scratching so much? How do I recognize skin conditions? What are roundworms and how do I treat them in my dog? Does my dog have kennel cough?
Find Answers to these questions and hundreds of others relating to your dog or cats health.
All articles are written and approved by veterinarians. Each article contains a detailed description explaining the condition, its symptoms, causes, diagnosis, the best treatment options combined with living and management of the condition, and prevention, if applicable.
And though every petMD article referenced on the Symptom Checker app is written and approved by veterinarians, it should not replace your own veterinarian. The petMD Symptom Checker is meant as a guide to help you understand conditions that may be affecting your pet. Always visit your veterinarian regularly to care for your pet’s health.
Traditionally people relied upon their Healthcare Professionals to make the decision regarding the most appropriate treatment for their condition. However as medicine has progressed and the range of treatment options has increased it is no longer always a decision based on the Healthcare Professionals preference only.
Patient decision aids are a useful tool when there is a decision to be made about medical advice from the Healthcare Professional but also incorporating the patients’ preferences and concerns.
In order to enable patients to reach a decision in partnership with their Healthcare Professional it is important that they have access to information about the different treatment options and have the opportunity to work through the information and evaluate the risks and benefits when viewed in conjunction with their personal values and preferences.
This patient decision aid assists patients to progress through it in an ordered fashion, having a number of distinct elements to the decision making process which support the patient in reaching a provisional decision which they can then discuss with their Healthcare Professional.
Firstly the aid provides information about Depression in order to facilitate better understanding of what is happening in the body as a result of this condition. The description is supported by an animation which demonstrates how the disease or condition progresses.
Treatment options for Depression are then displayed providing the patient with an explanation of each of the available treatment options which can be easily compared.
The third element of the decision aid then invites the patient to answer some questions which require him/her to consider what his or her values and preferences are regarding the treatment of their Depression , when considered alongside the consequences of each of the treatment options, for example are they happy to have an operation in order to treat the condition, and how much are the symptoms they experience upsetting them or interfering with their everyday activities?
Once the patient has considered these questions the preferences they have entered are displayed back to them in the order they have input and information regarding each of the preferences is displayed alongside it so that the patient can fully understand which of the treatment options is most likely to fulfil their preferences.
Finally they are presented with the information they have said is their preferred treatment option and they are encouraged to then discuss that with their Healthcare Professional so that an agreement can be reached and plans for the treatment made.
Did you ever need information on a specific disease? What a particular drug is used for? Help yourself diagnose your symptoms? What to do about a spider bite? All these answers and many more can be found in My Clinic. My Clinic presents health care information in an easier to read and understand format. My Clinic is health care information for the everyday people.
• Disease and Conditions - Comprehensive guide on many diseases and conditions
• Symptoms - Information on the possible causes to your symptoms
• Symptom Checker - Program that helps diagnose your condition based on a series of symptoms you have selected
• Drugs - Information on prescription and over the counter drugs
• Test and Procedures - Information on what a test is, what is done, how to prepare, and what the results mean
• Healthy Lifestyle - Information to help lead a healthy lifestyle
• First Aid - Information to help you prepare during a medical emergency
• Absolutely no ads!
Tags: Pills, Symptoms, Checker, Health, Clinic, Diagnose, Care, First Aid, Diseases, Cure, Heal, Conditions, Revive, Rejuvenate, Information, Medicine, Webmd, Medscape, Itriage, Sick, Flu, Headaches, Fevers, Drugs, Prescriptions, RX, Pharmacy, Doctors, Pharmacists, Nurses
WebMD for Android helps you with your decision-making and health improvement efforts by providing mobile access 24/7 to mobile-optimized health information and decision-support tools including WebMD’s Symptom Checker, Drugs & Treatments, First Aid Information and Local Health Listings. WebMD the App also gives you access to first aid information without having to be connected wirelessly – critical if you don’t have Internet access in the time of need.
• WebMD Symptom Checker – Select the part of the body that is troubling you, choose your symptoms, & learn about potential conditions or issues.
• Conditions – Find medically reviewed information about Conditions relevant to you & learn more about causes, treatments, & related symptoms.
• Drugs & Treatments – Search our extensive database for information on Drugs, Supplements, & Vitamins. Access content such as Uses, Side Effects, Warnings, and more.
• Pill Identification Tool – Identify your prescription drugs and over the counter medicines by pill shape, color, & imprint.
• First Aid Essentials – Your handy guide for medical emergencies. From insect stings to broken bones, helpful treatment tips are always available, even without an Internet connection.
• Local Health Listings – Find the closest physician, hospital, & pharmacy based on your current location or search by city, state or zip.
• Create custom lists of Drugs, Conditions, and Articles
• Save custom lists securely
• Review your saved information anytime and anywhere
• Native Voice Search Functionality – Search WebMD with their voice for a condition, drug, treatment or first aid topic.
• Maps – View local health listings & individual Physician, Hospital, & Pharmacy locations in a map view.
• Get Directions – Enter your primary address once in app settings and get one click directions.
• Email Friends – Send your friends medically reviewed content covering First Aid, Conditions, & Drugs.
• Email Me – Quickly send yourself content with one click. Simply save your email address in app settings.
• Content Updates – Timely content is updated automatically.
• Tour – Swipe through a quick visual tour of key features and navigation.
WebMD Health Corp. (Nasdaq: WBMD) is the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers, and health plans through our public and private online portals, mobile platforms and health-focused publications. More than 95 million unique visitors access the WebMD Health Network each month.
The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD Health, Medscape, MedicineNet, emedicineHealth, RxList, theheart.org, drugs.com and Medscape Education.
SOURCE WebMD Health Corp.
WebMD. Better Information. Better Health.
WebMD does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on the WebMD mobile application.
If you have medical worries or symptoms she will put your mind at rest and could save you an unnecessary visit to a physician. It's like having a physician in your pocket!
Free this month only, download it now!!
Best of all it's voice activated, just like Siri, so you can get a diagnosis from the virtual nurse just as you would from a real doctor! You can think of the Virtual Nurse as Siri for Health: she is your first stop for any health related concerns you have. The Virtual Nurse will talk to you, like Siri, and ask you questions about your symptoms to diagnose:
1. If your symptoms are normal
2. If you need to see a medical doctor or physician
3. If this is an emergency situation requiring urgent medical care
She will help you find a doctor or emergency room if the diagnosis requires. Topics included in the Symptom Checker developed by Harvard University cover 98% of the reasons you might need to see a doctor or diagnose and emergency, such as:
- Abdominal Pain
- Acid Reflux Treatment
- Allergic Rhinitis
- Stress / Anxiety
- Birth Control
- Blacking Out or Fainting
- Bleeding After Menopause
- Bleeding Between Periods
- Blood in the Urine in Men
- Blood in the Urine in Women
- Breast Lumps
- Chest Pain
- Pink or Red Eye
- Constipation in Adults
- Constipation in Children
- Constipation in Infants
- Coughs, Colds & flu
- Diaper Rash
- Diarrhea in Children
- Diarrhea in Infants
- Muscle Weakness
- Dry Eyes & Mouth
- Dry Mouth & Excessive Thirst
- Eye Discharge
- Memory Loss
- Frequent Urination
- Hair Loss
- Head Injury
- Heart Palpitations
- Heavy Menstrual Periods
- Helping Dry Skin
- Hot Flashes
- Insomnia During Pregnancy
- Intestinal Gas Guide
- Irritable Child
- Itching Without Rash
- Leg Swelling (Edema) during Pregnancy
- Leg Swelling (Edema), New Onset
- Lightheaded with Standing
- Loss of Control of Urine
- Back Pain
- Missed or Irregular Periods
- Nail Problems
- Nausea & Vomiting
- Nausea & Vomiting in Pregnancy
- Never Started Menstrual Periods
- Numbness or Tingling
- Nutrition Assessment for Infants & Toddlers
- Osteoarthritis of the Knee
- Painful Period Cramps
- Painful or Frequent Urination in Men
- Penis Pain, Sores, Discharge or Lumps
- Persistent Cough
- Knee Swelling
- Positive ANA
- Positive Rheumatoid Factor
- Problems With Vision
- Rash in Children
- Rash in Newborns
- Rectal Bleeding
- Rectal Itching
- Recurring Abdominal Pain
- Risk of Iron Deficiency in Children
- Sexual Problems
- Shortness of Breath in Adults
- Shortness of Breath in Infants & Children
- Shortness of Breath In Pregnancy
- Sore / Strep Throat
- Sore / Strep Throat in Children
- Hearing Loss
- Swollen Glands
- Excessive Hair
- Jaw, Gum, or Tooth Pain
- Treating the Common Cold
- Treatment of Chronic Constipation
- Treatment of Impotence
- Treatment of Warts
- Understanding PSA
- Weight Gain or loss
- Vaginal Discharge, Itching or Irritation
- Vaginal Pain or Discomfort
- Vaginal Sores & Lumps
- Vomiting or Nausea
The virtual nurse is different from other apps like iTriage or WebMD because it gives you information about your health which is directed towards the specific action you need to take to stay healthy, such as see your primary care physician. Unlike iTriage and WebMD it's voice activated, like Siri, and is focused on helping you take steps to getting healthy.
Tags: Symptoms, emergency, checker, Harvard, Siri, iTriage, WebMD, Medscape, diagnose, disease, sick, ill, flu, headache, medicine, first aid, pharmacy, pharmacist, physician, pills, information, premium, conditions, care, medical, urgent
© Harvard University
ADA® Find-A-Dentist™ is a tool to help you easily locate ADA member dentists in your neighborhood or wherever you happen to be. It provides useful information such as office location (including maps and directions), contact information, office hours, accepted payment, practice specialty and practice description.
Copyright: 2012 American Dental Association.
From Arthritis to Zoster, through the cold and flu, musculoskeletal pain and intestinal disorders; MediCare will try to explain your problems with a diagnosis!
All you have to do is answer "yes" or "no" to the questions prepared for you by a valid medical team.
keywords: symptom checker pocket doctor disease medicines drugs therapy treatment physician
The NICE BNF app is currently only available to NHS staff in England, Scotland and Wales.
Aimed at pharmacists, doctors, nurses, social care professionals and other healthcare professionals who prescribe and administer medicines, the app provides easy offline access to-up-to-date practical information on prescribing, dispensing and administrating medicines.
To use the NICE BNF app for the first time and to activate any content updates, you will need to enter your NHS Athens user name and password.
Users in England can register for an NHS Athens account by selecting the Journal and Database section on NHS Evidence.
Users in Scotland can register for an NHS Athens account by visiting The Knowledge Network website and selecting the login option at the top of the homepage.
Users in Wales register for an NHS Athens account by visiting the NHS Wales e-Library for health website and selecting the Athens option on the homepage.
Social care staff who meet the NHS Athens eligibility criteria can also download and access the content.
• Browse and search offline up-to-date content from the British National Formulary (BNF)
• Optimised for Android phones and tablets
• Auto-complete search with filters for chapters, monographs, interactions and preparations
• Update notifications when new editions or updates are available
• Content bookmarking
• Accessible reading features
Learn the formulae to calculate and administer drugs for adults, practise your skills and see how well you’re doing with this 40 minute app.
Learn how to:
• use a formula to calculate the number of millilitres for infusions and boluses of drugs
• calculate millilitres per hour and drops per minute when running volumes of solutions
• use the metric system and a variety of concentrations
• demonstrate using a variety of expressed concentrations in calculations.
This app is designed for nurses and midwives who are newly qualified, returning to practice, adapting to practice in the UK and any other nurse or midwife who wants to update their practice in accordance with their personal/professional development plan.
PLEASE NOTE: you will need approximately 17 Mb for the App and and 11Mb for Adobe Air to be installed in your device in order to use the Flash animations and video content in this App. You will automatically be prompted to install Adobe Air if not already on your device.
Comprehensive Medical Health Guide & symptom checker designed to help in Emergency First Aid, Home or Outdoor. 24/7 access to health information.
+ Now features a simplify quick links for easy First Aid and Emergency Medical content access and Symptoms Checker.
+ Lab values and tests.
+ Natural search, based on comprehensive our search engine (with evaluating local conditions, medical history, signs & symptom and more).
+ Ranking emphasis on Medical First Aid and life threatening conditions and is result of about a million real time searches performed. Outdoors, home and car medical topics. + Internet connectivity is not required, after init sync for the medical articles.
+ Our content is original (no infomercials), 100% written and edited by MDs. We are not compromising with the medical content quality.
+ Based on our custom platform, we provide a real solutions to life situations by professional ER team.
AR First Aid features :
~ Quick links
~ Content is available off-line, no connectivity required after the initial sync
~ Natural search
~ Voice Search
~ Human Atlas + Search.
~ Symptoms and signs checker
~ Articles are written for the purpose of this application and to help in mobile non hospital conditions.
~ Emergency medical conditions ranking. Using a proprietary symptom medical chart and custom AI to rank. AI auto - improvements based on the current usage data, symptoms, signs vitals and much more.
~ Emergency, life threatening and every day conditions. Most home medical remedies are covered. We are adding more and improving our existing articles based on the current usage data. Daily. Our app does not try to diff diagnose, It can't replace your MD opinion.
~ Local medical service providers, on your finger tips, from Google
~ Medical Profile, used to rank search for First Aid and more
~ Articles specifically written for the application, not 'paid by' infomercials.
~ We constantly expand our database with more and more medical data. Wide variety of answers for new non-emergency conditions/cases are added every day.
Cant be moved on SD due to copyright protection.
Our Emergency Respond application is aimed to help untrained users to recognize and react to a medical situation. It is sometimes crucial to identify the most probable cause, depending on patient condition and medical history. We incorporate a separate time/location factors in order to rank the result set.
AR First Aid features a comprehensive search engine which evaluates the search inquiry for known combinations of symptoms, signs, and conditions. Our basic IA ranks possible causes and identifies potentially dangerous situations given the patient medical history. AR First AID shows a specific steps to perform for most common home/outdoor/sport conditions and injuries in plain language. Supported media includes videos, images and step by step instructions. In certain cases, when we need to further differentiate, additional options will be presented.
Last but not least, we try to find a medical professional or service near by. We are NOT affiliated to or profit from such services.
AR First Aid team are looking forward to bring the best experience and constantly updating the medical databases. If you can help us with the medical researches and articles, please let us know we are ready to give a credit where is due.