SafelyTexting assists employers or parents in preventing their employees or teens from texting, surfing the web, or using any applications on their phone while driving unless using Bluetooth technology.
Used as an Administered or Self-Monitored application, it can be used to report violations to an Administrator who can monitor usage or you can simply monitor yourself.
An auto reply lets others know that you'll get back with them when Safely Texting is possible.
A. What does SafelyTexting do???
1. SafelyTexting locks your phone screen if the GPS detects that you’re moving. It may take up to one minute for the GPS in your phone to recognize that you’re driving, but once it does, the phone will lock up. Once you’ve been stopped for about a minute, the phone will unlock automatically.
2. SafelyTexting has two modes; Administrator and User.
Administrator mode is used if no one will be monitoring your usage of SafelyTexting and you’ve installed the application for your personal use to help stop yourself from texting while driving.
User Mode is used for Employees, Students or others who have SafelyTexting mode installed with someone who will be monitoring their usage to verify that they don’t text and drive. The application can always be uninstalled by the user so this mode would send a text to the Administrator to let them know that the phone is no longer protected.
B. Unlock Mode Buttons
1. “How this Application Works” Opens this page :)
2. “Share this Application with a Friend” Allows you to use your personal Facebook, Twitter Feed, Email or other sharing service on your phone to tell everyone you know about SafelyTexting
3. “Visit our Web Page www.SafelyTexting.com” Visit our SafelyTexting Web page for much more information about this product.
4. “Settings” Allows you to change several settings like the Password, Emergency Number, Administrator Number etc.
C. Lock Mode Buttons (Different buttons based on Admin or User modes)
1. “Temporarily Unlock the Phone” [Administrators Only] Allows you to unlock your phone for either 1 minute or 30 minutes. Useful to hand your phone to someone else in the car to handle a call, text or anything else you might need the phone for.
2. “Text my Administrator to Ask for Permission to unlock my Phone” [Users Only] Allows send a text to your administrator asking for permission to unlock your phone. Useful if your a passenger on a long trip and want to use your phone. If the Administrator sends a reply text with the word “Yes” and a number, the phone will unlock for that number of minutes. If the Administrator just sends back the word “Yes” it will unlock for one minute.
3. “Call my Administrator” Places a call to your Administrator after a verification screen.
4. “Why is this phone Locked Right now?” Tells you in plain words why the phone is locked. Sometimes the GPS will have bad readings while stopped that will cause SafelyTexting to lock. This button will tell you exactly why it locked.
5. “Call Emergency Number” Pulls up your phone with your Emergency number already there ready for you to push the CALL button on your phone after a confirmation screen. Will not directly call until you press the button. Allows a few seconds to make the call, then locks the phone again.
There are three main types of distraction:
Visual — taking your eyes off the road
Manual — taking your hands off the wheel
Cognitive — taking your mind off what you’re doing
Distracted driving is any non-driving activity a person engages in that has the potential to distract him or her from the primary task of driving and increase the risk of crashing.
While all distractions can endanger drivers’ safety, texting is the most alarming because it involves all three types of distraction.
The No Texting and Driving App curbs distracted driving by not only AUTO-RESPONDING to those who text you while you are en route, but also by READING YOUR TEXTS ALOUD so you can keep your focus on the road! You can even customize your own auto-response to whatever you like.
Texting & Driving Prevention Application from AutoInsuranceEZ.com is an Android app that you can download for free. While in use, the app silences text messages and incoming calls and sends the caller a text letting them know that you’re on the road.
This app helps keep our roads safe by promoting the idea of no texting while driving. Texting while driving is a habit deadlier than drunk driving, and is a serious problem, especially among teenagers. A texting driver is 23 times more likely to get into an accident than a non-texting driver. To stop this dangerous behavior, the AutoInsurance EZ.com team created a Texting and Driving Prevention app.
The app features:
Start Trip/End Trip - Once you turn it on, if you receive a text message or call, it will send a bounce back message to the sender. You can customize the message.
Speed limit – The app blocks all incoming calls and messages when the GPS shows the phone moving over a certain speed. You can specify the speed limit in the settings.
Texting and Driving Prevention application from AutoInsuranceEZ.com is the most effective app for parents worried about their teen drivers.
Like our style? Then you'll love us on Facebook!
And for free auto insurance quotes, visit http://www.autoinsuranceez.com/