* Anonymous testing of mobile broadband networks
* Automatically measures network data performance every few days
* Stops testing when 100mb maximum data is reached per month and begins testing again on the first day of the next month
* Test results are combined with all other South Dakota tests in the area to validate carrier coverage and speeds
* Minimal battery impact.
Go to https://broadband.sd.gov to learn more.
- Anonymous testing of mobile broadband networks
- Automatically measures network data performance every few days
- Stops testing when 100mb maximum data is reached per month and begins testing again on the first day of the next month
- Test results are combined with all other LBI tests in the area to validate carrier coverage and speeds
- Minimal battery impact.
Go to http://www.broadband.la.gov/ to learn more.
Test results are combined with all other LinkWISCONSIN mobile tests in the area to verify your carrier’s coverage and advertised speeds. Your participation in this program helps the state assess your carrier’s coverage, speed and reliability in order to improve performance and connectivity going forward.
* Why should I participate?
Better wireless performance and connectivity helps everyone. Not only do you and your family rely on the wireless network, but adequate cell coverage and speeds are critical to police, fire and other emergency services. Each test the app performs provides valuable information about where wireless services need improvement in your community.
* What information is being collected from my device?
The app only cares about the performance of the wireless network (upload, download and latency) and the location of the test. There is not any association of other information to you or your device. It is completely anonymous, and no personal information of any sort is being collected.
* What about data usage?
The app ceases testing when it reaches the data consumption limit of 100 MB per month. (A typical data plan is in the 1-4GB/month range. It is recommended, however, that residents with no data plan or those with very small data allowances per month should not install the app.
* What about my privacy?
* Will my phone be spammed or filled with advertisements?
No. Volunteers running the testing app will never receive any ads, marketing or solicitations prompted by this application. Advertisements will not be displayed. You will not be asked for your email, phone number or any other means of contacting you. The purpose of this app is SOLELY to study mobile wireless connectivity and speeds.
* Are there other services like this?
The Mobile Pulse app works similarly to the traffic feature on Google Maps. The Google Maps app records your vehicle’s speed and location and then combines the anonymous test results with other Google Map users to show traffic congestion. Mobile Pulse uses this same concept, but for wireless network performance.
* What if I want to discontinue using the testing app?
You can delete the app from your device at any time.
Can I disable the application without deleting it?
Yes, you can temporarily disable the application by following the instructions for the app settings on your device.
Go to http://www.link.wisconsin.gov to learn more about the broadband mapping effort going on in your state.
* Find out what level of performance you or your group receives
* Measure network data performance across devices, carriers and geographies over time
* Use the web-based dashboard at mobilepulse.com to gain network insight for yourself or create a group for your organization, company, family or club where you can:
** Measure network performance
** Compare carriers and devices
** Diagnose problem coverage areas
** View detailed coverage maps based on your real performance
** Invite others to join your group
** Go to http://www.mobilepulse.com/sign-up now to get started