Every day, you're likely to find multiple concerts that will capture your interests. And many of the shows are free! Students, faculty, alumni, and others play in several campus venues, and often Berklee artists play at off-campus venues in the Boston area and beyond. You'll hear about:
- Student recitals
- Faculty concerts
- Visiting artists' shows and clinics
- Free outdoor performances
- Lectures and special events
- Concerts for kids
- And all the national and international artists who play at the Berklee Performance Center and Cafe 939
Read profiles of Berklee students, stories about clinics given by Berklee artists-in-residence, news about alumni making creative contributions to the music industry, and more. You'll access top news not only from Berklee.edu, but also the latest from Berklee's Twitter feed and Berklee-Blogs.
Who needs MTV? Berklee's YouTube channel is filled wall-to-wall with great music programming. Some of what you'll see:
- Footage from concerts
- Behind-the-stage glimpses of rehearsals
- In the Classroom - Get a student's-eye view of what goes on in Berklee classes.
- Excerpts from guest artist clinics
- Faculty profiles
Great tracks, delivered directly to your mobile device. You'll hear rock, jazz, blues, hip-hop, funk, reggae, and much more music, performed by students, faculty, alumni, and visiting artists.
Tired of your library of tunes? Just tune in to any of the five channels on the Berklee Internet Radio Network (the BIRN):
- BIRN 1: Powered by Players: live student radio from Berklee College of Music. All styles, all hours.
- BIRN Learn: Concerts, clinics, interviews, and special events from Berklee faculty, staff, and visiting artists. Learn from the industry's finest.
- birnCORE: BIRN Cooperative Recordings: exclusive interviews and live performances from emerging artists and music legends.
- Air Alumni: The finest music from Berklee alumni around the world, from multi-platinum Grammy-winners to the newest up-and-comers.
- BIRN Global: The sound of diversity: music and more from Berklee International Network partners worldwide.
You can get there from here, we promise. But Boston does present its navigational challenges. While you're strolling around campus, use your Berklee app to determine where you are and where you need to go.
The concepts we teach are applicable to all types of music, but examples are drawn from popular songs you’ve probably heard on the radio. Also, because the explanations are drawn from our TheoryTab format, people that don’t read conventional sheet music will benefit from the concepts we cover just as much as those that do.
What people are saying:
“★★★★★ Outstanding! A great explanation of music theory, and the relationship between melody and chord progressions. Having the video/audio examples built-in makes this book really stand apart from others I have read. I wish all music books were made this way!” - Jeffrey Hall
“★★★★★ Worthy of multiple re-reads. Hooktheory I was a great book. I have been looking for a resource that made writing music comprehensible. This is that resource. The graphs and explanations were clear and easy to follow. The various examples from popular songs helped a great deal.” - Jeremiah Spassion
“★★★★★ Absolutely loved your first book. I learned so, so much. Currently going through it a second time. Can’t wait for the next one!” - @rogerclark
The book is 6 chapters long with 41 exercises and 94 audiovisual examples from artists like: Aerosmith, Avicii, Beyonce, Bon Jovi, Bruno Mars, Celine Dion, Daughtry, Diana Ross, Green Day, John Mayer, Journey, Kelly Clarkson, Kenny Chesney, Lady Gaga, Maroon 5, Matchbox 20, Pink, Rihanna, Taylor Swift, The Beatles, The Four Seasons, The Killers, Tom Petty, … and more.
Table of contents:
1. Building Blocks
- The building blocks of music
- Relative notation
- Combining chords and melody
- Wrap up
2. Harmony I
- The I chord: home base
- Basic chord function
- The vi chord: a minor sound
- Being creative
- Check for understanding
- Stable vs. unstable scale degrees
- Rhythmic patterns
- Melodic themes
- Check for understanding
4. Harmony II
- The iii chord
- The ii chord
- The I6 chord
- The V6 chord
- The cadential 64 chord
- Pedal harmony
- Final Thoughts
- Closing remarks
Created by David Carlton, Ryan Miyakawa, and Chris Anderson - the creators of www.hooktheory.com, Hookpad, and TheoryTabs. Hookpad is software that simplifies songwriting by helping you choose chords that sounds good together and guiding you to write a good melody. TheoryTabs are tabs that show the theory behind songs. Learn more at www.hooktheory.com
Join the thousands of guitarists, pianists, singers, DJs, producers, and students all over the world that have fallen in love with Hooktheory.
● Do I have to be able to read sheet music? No. Hooktheory I uses TheoryTabs to explain the function of chords and melody so knowledge of conventional sheet music isn’t necessary. TheoryTabs make it easy to see and hear what is going on in a song.
● Does the app require an internet connection? No. All media is packaged with the initial app download.
● What if I have questions? We love to talk to our readers. To get help or ask a question, you can email us at email@example.com.
If you are taking a music theory course, this is the app for you!
bComposer Scales is a free and unique application that contains the basic rules of melody and harmony theory in the music composition.
Now You will understand how your favorite music bands made their songs and the most important, you will have the ability to create your own musical compositions!
With bComposer Scales:
- You are going to understand and master the fundamentals of music theory, playing on quickly and easy way; contrary like happens with the traditional methods.
- You can learn the basic music concepts with our help panel option inside the app, where is explained everything interactively.
- Also We encourage the appropriation of theoretical concepts with practice.
- Understand how to read and write a score
If you like this app, please give us a positive rating.
* Key Signature
* Major Scales
* Minor Scales
* Basic chords creation
* Understanding basic harmony
* Note sounds
* Chords sounds
* Intuitive graphical
* Melodic minor scale inclusion
* Harmonic minor scale inclusion
* Tools and help material
* Interactive help panel to learn all the music theory concepts
Check out! our other interesting apps:
* bComposer Rhythm
* bcomposer Metronome
* Facebook Page
All features, trademarks and copyrights are property of:
ONE MAN BAND STUDIOS S.A.S Studios ©
Interval quizzes! The app will play two notes (apart, together, or both) and you identify the interval!
Dictations! The app will generate and play a simple two-bar melody and you reconstruct it by dragging quarter notes onto the staff.
- Completely free (no built-in payments).
- High quality samples for all contained instruments.
- Adapts to any screen.
- You can put two or three rows of keys.
- Fast loading.
- Multitouch only limited by your device.
- Runs on android >= 2.1, phones and tablets.
Always free, ad-free version.
* Use treble, bass, tenor, alto, soprano, and baritone clefs.
* See chords and key signatures displayed with high quality graphics.
* Hear chords played.
* Choose any starting note.
* Choose chord inversion.
* All possible key signatures available.
* Standard chords include seventh and augmented sixth chords as well as triads.
* Test your knowledge and speed with quizzes.
* Chords quiz.
* Intervals quiz (full version only).
* Key signatures quiz (full version only).
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart life (27 January 1756 – 5 December 1791)
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart was an Austrian composer whose musical works categorizes as Classical music according to classical period timeline, he is one of the great Austrian classical composers and Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart works and classical masterpieces have become an important part of the history of classical music.
In this free app for android you can choose to learn more about the composer in Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart biography, or listen to some of the composer’s most famous classical music free.
This app is a perfect way to get to know more about the history of western classical music; everyone can enjoy this music, play classical music for kids and adults. Some people even play classical music for babies; there is theory that that this will make them smarter. Even if this theory not is proven correctly, this is perfect relaxing music for babies.
Download Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart Music free app now, learn more about one of the most famous classical music composers of all time and stream music free android!
In this app Android you will be streaming classical music online, so you will need to have Internet access, we recommend WiFi whenever possible. However, there is an option to download classical music free to your android, this way you can listen to classical music from this app even when you don’t have Internet access.
To stream classical music is a great option if you have good internet connections, you will save memory on your device and have a wide option of music to choose from directly in this music app for android.
If you download classical music mp3 files with this android app you will be able to listen to music free at all times, even if you don’t have internet connection, but you will be limited to a number of classic music pieces by the memory space on your device.
This app consists of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart mp3 music only.
You can also save Playlists of chosen scales to play through one by one or get the app to pick a scale at random.
- beats to count you in
- displays all the music notes on a stave
- different sounds (piano, strings, etc)
- change the starting octave and number of octaves
- customisable tempos
- major, melodic minor, harmonic minor and pentatonic scales
- save your scales into Playlists
Looking to practice your arpeggios? Check out the Pro version of Scales Practice for lots more scales and arpeggios.
Scales Practice is supported by adverts, which is why it requires the “INTERNET” and “ACCESS NETWORK STATE” permissions.
Chord progressions in music are a lot like the canvas an artists paints on - a multi-purpose canvas, that is. That's because a songwriter can give his or her song a totally different feeling just by altering a few chords under its melody and take the listener on a completely new journey.
In this in-depth course about building chord progressions, Gregg Fine takes you on a harmonic voyage and shows you, step by step, how chord progressions are created and how they can evolve. You learn how to build progressions using techniques such as chromatic passing chords, borrowed harmonies, chords with added tones, and so on. Your ear gets a workout with musical examples that Gregg has created especially for the course. As you progress through this harmonic journey, you get familiar with various types of progressions and you find out how and why knowing how to transpose your chords to a different key is so useful. Gregg also shows you how modulation works and reveals the all-important pivot chord as a way to gently move your listener from one section of your song to another.
So open you ears wide, and get ready to listen deeply to the way chord progressions work inside a song! And while you're here, make sure to brush up on your musical theory with Gregg Fine as your guide.
Table of contents:
2. What is a Chord Progression?
3. Getting Started with Diatonic Progressions
4. Building Diatonic Progressions
5. The 4-Chord Progression
6. The Three Chord Classes
7. Cadences - Part 1
8. Cadences - Part 2
9. Circle Progressions - Part 1
10. Circle Progressions - Part 2
11. Borrowed Chords - Part 1
12. Borrowed Chords - Part 2
13. Secondary Dominants - Part 1
14. Secondary Dominants - Part 2
15. Added Tone Chords in a Progression
16. Added Tone Chords to Accompany Melody
17. Sus Chords in a Progression - Part 1
18. Sus Chords in a Progression - Part 2
19. Passing Chords in a Progression - Part 1
20. Passing Chords in a Progression - Part 2
21. Using Inversions
22. Using Modulation in a Progression - Part 1
23. Using Modulation in a Progression - Part 2
24. Creating Surprise with Fake-Outs!
25. Creating Surprise with Harmonic Rhythm
26. Transposition: Why Do It?
27. Transposition: How To Do It
28. Transposition Exercises
29. Ear Training Exercise
30. Conclusion (and Final Exam)
This is a MIDI controller! The app does not itself play or record audio!
Try before buy! Free version available for testing.
Supports Cubase / Nuendo, Live, Logic, Pro Tools, Sonar, FL Studio, REAPER, Reason, Studio One, Samplitude, SAWStudio Digital Performer (7.2+), Vegas / Acid, Tracktion and Bitwig workstations. Standard functionality like mixer and transport operation will be accessible in other applications as well. As of version 1.1 the app can also send MIDI Machine Control (MMC) in parallel with or alternatively to standard DAW control.
Besides control surface emulation, the app brings a number of general purpose MIDI controllers, such as a multitouch MIDI keyboard, multitouch launchpads, a MIDI mixer, configureable xy-controller pads and the possibility to link a phone's sensors to MIDI controllers.
TouchDAW works with RTP or multicast MIDI over WIFI and is directly compatible with Apple's Network MIDI implementation in Mac OS X, native RTP MIDI implementations for Windows and ipMIDI. There is no computer side server or protocol conversion software required.
Later versions add support for MIDI over tethered USB connections, ADB and WebSockets. A free driver, available from our website, is required for those.
As of version 1.4. the app can work with class-compliant USB MIDI interfaces on devices that support USB host mode.
The apk contains both tablet and phone versions. You can safely ignore Google's "Designed for phones" tag.
Try before buy! The free version - though feature limited - is mostly identical and will let you check if things are useable with your network setup before spending money.
The app needs some initial PC-side configuration, see website for help.
Problems, questions, suggestions? Please use website or email. The Play Store's comment section is not a support channel and help calls you leave here will not be answered.
What people are saying:
Wes Moncada on Jun 17, 2014
I love Air Jordan Retro 11's and I'm very excited for this release and I'm very happy that Get-Supplied.com is offering a pre order.
SO DAMN DOPE!!!!!!
Jonathan S. on Feb 04, 2015
I just got my pair today and everything was perfect. I got them in less than a week and I can't wait to rock these bad boys. Thank you get supplied, you guys are the real MVP and I'll be looking forward to buying another pair from you guys again.
Chat: Chat with other men and women throughout the world because they struggle too.
News: Access the latest news from leading organizations and professionals that are addressing porn and sex addiction
Videos: Browse a robust library of video clips related to porn and sex addiction.
Podcasts: Listen to the latest podcasts from organizations and professionals speaking on porn and sex addiction.
If you feel that you may be a porn or sex addict, we hope you fill use this app and visit our online community. We look forward to your feedback any time at firstname.lastname@example.org (mailto:email@example.com).
Save favorite meditations, share them with friends, and connect with The Upper Room community.
Where's your closest DigiTour or DigiFest show? Head to the 'Events' section! Want to interact with other DigiTour fans? Chat and comment on the 'Fan Wall'! Want exclusive behind the scenes videos from DigiFests and DigiTours that you can't find anywhere else? Hit the 'Videos' tab! Want to find commemorative tee-shirts, posters, and other merch that you didn't get to buy at the events? Check out the in-app store!
If you think you're the biggest DigiTour fan, the "Top Fans" button will help you track your app activity: special giveaways will be announced each week based on top activity scores with prizes like VIP tickets, merch, and more!
Each DigiFest that gets added to the event schedule will be constantly updated with new performers, maps, ticket offerings, and frequently asked questions so you'll always have everything you need right at your fingertips.