If you are a publisher of health or nutrition news and would like to be added to the app, please do get in touch!
Stay current on important health information, covering such topics as
Aging, Disease Prevention, Nutrition and Vitamin News.
Stay HealthSmart with the latest reports on health in wellness from Life Extension!
v1.0.1 minor bug fixes.
The main goals of this app are:
1. To protect the health of the population through the legislation and development of health promotion and protection programs.
2. To contribute to the social safety net by playing the role of an insurer of last resort.
3. To improve access to healthcare, ensure equity in services availability and utilization and protect the health of the more vulnerable groups.
4. To eradicate and control the communicable and non-communicable diseases prevalent in the country.
5. To inform and educate the people in order to promote the adoption of healthy life-styles and food habits.
6. To seek greater and effective participation of people and communities in planning, implementation and evaluation of primary health care and public health programs.
7. To upgrade health facilities including hospitals, primary health care centers, laboratories and all other health institutions at all levels, and link these through efficient referral system.
The Ministry of Health will work continuously towards updating and improving this application to keep it aligned with the citizens needs and queries.
Through this application, you can:
• Identify the source of your medicine
• Determine the price of your medicine from a detailed list
• Determine if your medicine is legalized
• Get access to proper healthcare all hospitals and medical centers
• Access the numerous services and campaigns of Ministry of Health
• Report fraudulent actions you may encounter to the Ministry of Health
• Adopt healthy lifestyles and habits
Keywords: Lebanon, health, ministry of health, clinic, medicine, drugs, service, campaign, fraud, hospital, wellbeing, medical, medical centers, legal, right, primary, health care, health-care centers, communicate, report, equity, responsibility, lifestyle, healthy
We cover all major health and medicine news outlets and deliver you a complete coverage of all the interesting news !
News without noise, at your own pace - this is our mission statement, and this is what we'll guarantee you'll get.
* Your pace - latest, day or week time perspectives available for you, so you won't miss anything even if you didn't log-in for some time.
* A prioritized feed - the most important stories about health will appear first !
* No duplications - all coverages of the same stories are grouped together and only one coverage is shown ! With a long tap - you can see the rest.
* Push notifications - when new and interesting stories are published !
* Make it your own - if you want to follow specific topics, like blood pressure, diabetes, smoking or anything else - just choose these topics and get your personal edition !
* What your friends are saying - sign in to your social networks and we'll gather all your friends comments on related stories, and show them to you under the relevant story.
* A health centric video channel, curated from Youtube !
If you enjoyed the app - please rate us high and share the app with your friends.
who are interested in achieving public health and safety goals. Health Book is sponsored by the New Jersey Local Boards of Health
Association. Our mission is to provide you with feature rich and
secure tools to collaborate others in your agency, community, state
Heath Book provides access to information on current public health issues such as:
1) Vaccinations for infectious diseases
2) Improvements in motor vehicle and workplace safety
3) Control of infectious diseases through improved sanitation and clean water
4) Smoking cessation and blood pressure control
5) Safer foods from decreased microbial contamination
6) Reducing alcohol and drug abuse
Moreover, Health Book provides a state of the art feature set that may be tailored to meet individual needs.
The goal of tracking is to improve your daily food habits by learning about what you are eating. To make this learning simple, we created an app tuned for use in India.
- Works OFFLINE, which makes it super fast, and so you can track your food habits on a train, plane, auto rickshaw and even an elephant.
- Uses curated data from the National Institute of Nutrition and USDA.
- Sets scientifically appropriate calorie and fat goals, personalized just for you!
- Easy to use: no advanced smartphone skills required!
- And did we mention it’s FREE?
This app has been released for the public good by Jana Care, a social venture that was spun out of original public health research at Harvard and MIT. Jana Care aims to reverse the diabetes and obesity epidemic in the developing world through the Habits program - a group-based online diabetes prevention program. food:habits is a companion app used by participants in the Habits program.
Quick and Easy...
Make-up (Cosmetic) Tips
[CONDITIONS & DISEASES]
Body building & Painless Diet tips
Health Life Tips
Effective Parenting Tips
News, AIDS HIV, ALLERGIES, ALZHEIMERS, ARTHRITIS, ASTHMA, ATHEROSCLEROSIS, AUTISM, BIPOLAR, BRAIN INJURY, CANCER, COPD, DEPRESSION, DIABETES, DOWN SYNDROME, EATING DISORDERS, EPILEPSY, HEART DISEASE, HEPATITIS, HERPES, LEUKEMIA, MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS, OCD, SCHIZOPHRENIA, SJOGREN SYNDROME, SLEEP DISORDERS, THROMBOSIS, ULCERATIVE COLITIS
Fitness Connection Mobile allows you to view class schedules, class changes, add a class to your calendar, view current announcements, promotions, coupons and membership incentives.
View club hours for the week and dial any location at the touch of a button.
Thanks for downloading FItness Connection Mobile!
- Social network sharing: Facebook, Twitter, Friend Stream, Wordpress
- Bluetooth, E-mail and SMS sharing
- Open abstract page in default webbrowser
The current statistics in a world of obesity is frightening, especially when considering the direct correlations to illnesses and diseases. The increases in these numbers are not only affecting Americans but many more countries in the world, according to information from WHO (World Health Organization). Even though these figures are high, people who want to do something about it can, since they have effective regimens like the well-known Mediterranean diet as a weight loss option.
Current Obesity Trends
Based on the staggering figures from WHO, approximately 2/3rds of all Americans adults can be classed as overweight. All of the high calorie hamburgers, sundaes, French fries, sodas, cheese cakes, ice cream and other popular food items are taking its toll. Even though American maintains the lead, as in many other areas, they are not alone in this problem because many other countries are now following the same patterns. If these current trends are not halted, the prediction for 2030 is nearly half of all Americans may be obese. While this problem is big and massive to the world, the change that occurs can be drilled down to a one-on-one choice.
This means, if no one makes a change, it is up to the individual to take the information that they have learned and act on it.
The Mediterranean Diet Is a Lifestyle
Acting on it requires making a change. This change, however, is not finding another fad diet because they can only compound the problems. Instead, it requires making life style changes in the foods that people eat on a daily basis.
This is one of the major benefits to the Mediterranean Life style approach. With a growing body of evidence from the medical world (i.e. Harvard School of Public Health, Dariush Mozaffarian MD. DrPH. and others in the medical community), this diet is known for its numerous health benefits. From helping to prevent diabetes to the protection of cardiovascular diseases, this is a life style change that can help people remain healthy even when they are out socializing with peers and colleagues.
The mass acceptance of this life style and its benefits can be confirmed by participants on the Mediterranean Coasts, since they have eaten this way for thousands of years. In this area of the world, it is not a diet plan but it is the way that the vast majority of the population eats. While leading healthy lives with regular exercises, they enjoy a wide range of different foods including yogurt, fish, poultry whole grains, fruits, vegetables, beans, nuts, olives, and olive oil along with some cheeses. The foods that this culture eats are responsible for providing antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, and fibre. All of these elements work in cohesion together to protect the person from all kinds of chronic disease and illness.
The current state of obesity in the world is disturbing because its impact is far reaching. From the increase in obesity to all kinds of illnesses and diseases, this is a problem that is being addressed on many different fronts. However, the ultimate decision to what occurs in the future will depend on each individual, as they choose what to and what not to eat.
So, with that in mind it’s important to know that there is a solution to this problem and that is what we will cover in this guide. So without further ado let’s dive right in.
Tens of thousands of businesses use MINDBODY software worldwide, and when you register for MINDBODY Connect you can instantly sync the app with the accounts you have at all of your favorites.
Download MINDBODY Connect to:
- Find wellness businesses and mark them as favorites
- Access a consolidated list of classes offered by your favorite businesses
- Book appointments and view information about the staff members who perform them
- Sign up and pay for classes
- Write a review after each visit and check out reviews left by customers like you
- Keep track of your schedule and visit history (including waitlists), and automatically sync events to your phone’s default calendar
- Sign into class as you approach the business
- Cancel your visit if you absolutely can’t make it
Users are required to provide a valid email address to create an account with MINDBODY Connect. We will not share your personal information with any third-parties.
WebMD for Android helps you with your decision-making and health improvement efforts by providing mobile access 24/7 to mobile-optimized health information and decision-support tools including WebMD’s Symptom Checker, Drugs & Treatments, First Aid Information and Local Health Listings. WebMD the App also gives you access to first aid information without having to be connected wirelessly – critical if you don’t have Internet access in the time of need.
• WebMD Symptom Checker – Select the part of the body that is troubling you, choose your symptoms, & learn about potential conditions or issues.
• Conditions – Find medically reviewed information about Conditions relevant to you & learn more about causes, treatments, & related symptoms.
• Drugs & Treatments – Search our extensive database for information on Drugs, Supplements, & Vitamins. Access content such as Uses, Side Effects, Warnings, and more.
• Pill Identification Tool – Identify your prescription drugs and over the counter medicines by pill shape, color, & imprint.
• First Aid Essentials – Your handy guide for medical emergencies. From insect stings to broken bones, helpful treatment tips are always available, even without an Internet connection.
• Local Health Listings – Find the closest physician, hospital, & pharmacy based on your current location or search by city, state or zip.
• Create custom lists of Drugs, Conditions, and Articles
• Save custom lists securely
• Review your saved information anytime and anywhere
• Native Voice Search Functionality – Search WebMD with their voice for a condition, drug, treatment or first aid topic.
• Maps – View local health listings & individual Physician, Hospital, & Pharmacy locations in a map view.
• Get Directions – Enter your primary address once in app settings and get one click directions.
• Email Friends – Send your friends medically reviewed content covering First Aid, Conditions, & Drugs.
• Email Me – Quickly send yourself content with one click. Simply save your email address in app settings.
• Content Updates – Timely content is updated automatically.
• Tour – Swipe through a quick visual tour of key features and navigation.
WebMD Health Corp. (Nasdaq: WBMD) is the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers, and health plans through our public and private online portals, mobile platforms and health-focused publications. More than 95 million unique visitors access the WebMD Health Network each month.
The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD Health, Medscape, MedicineNet, emedicineHealth, RxList, theheart.org, drugs.com and Medscape Education.
SOURCE WebMD Health Corp.
WebMD. Better Information. Better Health.
WebMD does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on the WebMD mobile application.
The application has the following features:
·News - The latest health news articles from NHS-Choices
·Browsing amongst different kinds of health related articles
·Search medical services.
·A-Z quick navigation - to browse medical conditions
·Contact information of the health services in UK.
·Social media interaction to share articles and health services.
·Possibility to store articles to ‘My Favourites’ for later reference. Favourites can be password protected.
Health Buddy hopes to promote a stronger sense of proactive involvement towards one’s own health and well being.
Health Tips, Videos & Promotions
• A collection of Health Tips and Advice for Men, Women and Children, updated weekly through written articles and Videos.
• Get early alerts of health related promotions by the SingHealth group.
Find a GP / Family Doctor
• Comprehensive list of GP clinics in Singapore, with location maps, opening hours and direct call function.
• Includes full listing of GPs across Singapore, with Opening Hours & Contact Details
Medical Conditions & Treatments
• A wide range of health conditions, including causes, signs and symptoms, treatment options, plus when and where to seek treatment, written by medical doctors and healthcare professionals across the SingHealth Group.
Specialties & Services
• SingHealth offers over 40 clinical specialties and sub-specialty services, through is institutions Singapore General Hospital, KK Women’s and Children’s Hospital, National Cancer Centre Singapore, National Dental Centre Singapore, National Heart Centre Singapore, National Neuroscience Institute, Singapore National Eye Centre and 9 SingHealth polyclinics.
• Users can read about the services available and call for an appointment directly. Directional maps are provided to enable users to locate the clinics easily within the hospital or national specialty centre.
Find a Specialist
• Users can view their doctor’s profile by searching the name of specialist, medical specialty or SingHealth Institution. Subspecialty expertise, resumes and photographs are also provided where available.
SingHealth Hospital / Centre
• Users can call to make an enquiry or appointment, view institution charges , and navigate around individual Hospitals /Centres using internal floor maps. Direct access to SingHealth polyclinic web cams and Queue Watch also available.
Health News & Events
• Users receive news updates and latest public events organized by SingHealth.
The app is compatible with these recommended requirements
- Supported Operating System: Android 2.3
- Processor: 1Ghz chipset
- Memory: 1GB RAM