The Premier English dictionary from Collins is now available for FREE on Android!
A rich source of words for everyone who loves language, Collins Dictionary is both comprehensive and authoritative with its 123,000 words and 200,000 definitions based on the Collins Word Web - an unrivaled and constantly updated 2.5 billion-word database of today's English.
Inside, you'll find outstanding coverage of world, regional and dialect English, with definitions, examples, idioms and usage notes. Included are usage notes to give advice on using the right word in the right place, as well as thousands of etymologies that trace the roots of modern English.
Premium users looking for even better word coverage can upgrade their product to the largest single-volume English dictionary – the Collins English Dictionary Complete Unabridged (available as an in-app purchase), features over 722,000 words and phrases, audio pronunciations*, offline usage, and no ads.
NEW! Translate words in any other Android app with the Tap to Translate feature, and do it in style with any of the four colorful new themes.
Also includes advanced search and language tools that have become the staple of quality language apps from MobiSystems, Inc.
SEARCH TOOLS - effortlessly find words thanks to a clear, functional, and easy-to-use interface.
Designed to provide the most comprehensive search experience the dictionary combines several search tools to match or suggest what you are looking for, including:
• Search autocomplete helps find words quickly by displaying predictions as you type
• Keyword lookup allows you to search within compound words and phrases
• An automatic ‘Fuzzy filter’ to correct word spelling, as well as ‘Wild card’ ('*' or '?') to replace a letter or entire parts of a word
• Camera search looks up words in the camera viewfinder and displays results
• Use our Voice search when you don't know how an entry is spelled
• NEW!Tap to Translate entries in other apps
• Share word definitions via installed apps on your device
LEARNING TOOLS - engaging features that help you further enhance your vocabulary.
• Designed to give you the freedom to structure your studies the way you see fit the 'Favorites' option allows you to create custom folders with lists of words from the vast library of entries:
• ‘Recent’ list to easily review looked-up words
• Learn a new word every day with our ‘Word of the day’ option
• Home screen widget provides random words at a glance
• Split screen support for Android 7 allowing you to use dictionary together with other apps
Get MORE by purchasing the full version of the Collins Dictionary:
• Permanently unlock the complete features list
• Offline mode - look up words without an internet connection
• Premium Support – Get expedited support for any app-related issues