Aside from the Collins Unabridged, this is the only thorough dictionary I've found that lets you export definitions directly to Anki flashcards. Definitions are usually quite plain-spoken, often with helpful usage notes. I think I might prefer the Collins Unabridged (it has IPA transcriptions for the pronunciation and the definitions tend toward simpler vocabulary), but this is still a good choice and worth the money if you get the paid version.
too expensive A bit outdated. Missing a lot of contemporary words.
Jarring ads, too expensive for add-free The current version comes with loud full-screen video ads. The ad-free version is too expensive ($20).
Not budget, but affluent contents. Not only a dictionary but also an encyclopedia. It's relatively slow on my high performance smartphone, though.
I use premium version every day! ....is there a way to move very latge file to sd card to free up internal memory storage? Regards!
Not quite as comprehensive as hoped for (some surprising omissions), but a useful tool nonetheless.
• Added swipe navigation trough entries
• Android 7 enhancements
• Split screen support for Android 7 allowing you to use dictionary together with other apps
• Ability to share word definitions
• New improved camera search (with support for Catalan, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Latin, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Spanish, Swedish, Tagalog, Turkish and English)
• Many fixes and improvements
Ad-free Dictionary and Thesaurus with extensive offline dictionary content
The most trusted dictionary of current English is available to access for free